Predator: rough draft. Any comments?

wick

Re: Predator: rough draft. Any comments?

Seconded. 5 more points on STR seem right. (which would make it 28)

I probably wouldnt go with Climbing being a Familiarity only. They seemed to naturally good at it.

Yeah, the Predator in the first movie did lots of treetop navigation with great ease. So, I'd rank their Climbing as being pretty durn good. Of course, some of their gear might help - those clawed gloves, perhaps.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seconded. 5 more points on STR seem right. (which would make it 28)

I probably wouldnt go with Climbing being a Familiarity only. They seemed to naturally good at it.

That would be why the predator has "Cling" as on of it's powers. At some points in the movies it seems like the Predator has almost spiderman-esque climbing abilities. Ex. in the first movie in various scenes the predator scales the sides of trees by crawling rather than by climbing i.e.. gravity would pull a climbers legs down if they were not wrapped around a branch or the trunk. It would seem redundant to give him both a good climbing ability as well as Cling. It may make good sense to also give him both too in case his cling was suppressed for some reason but that seems pretty unlikely.

In my "final" Version I am going with 30 strength and I changed the Vision disadvantage a little to make it say that Pred's are sensitive to infared spectrum. The Pred's helmet enhanced senses is now a variable filter that alows the Pred to adjust his vision to reduce sight penalties in unusual lighting conditions..i.e. on Earth more infared light gets through the atmosphere than on the Pred's homeworld and the Pred would be partially flashed due to his physical disadvantage, the helmet negates these sight penalties, this could also work with other weird light conditions on other planets as well.

I would give him both Climbing and Clinging for those surfaces (like rigging) where the former would work and the latter might not. Also, their ability to brachiate through trees could be a form of Flight.

Or, Clinging, requires a climbing Skill Roll. 30 STR is much better as well since the Predator was obviously much stronger then Dutch, and Dutch, was a beast (Running in the near Doc Savage levels of Str there)....

~Rex

Or, Clinging, requires a climbing Skill Roll. 30 STR is much better as well since the Predator was obviously much stronger then Dutch, and Dutch, was a beast (Running in the near Doc Savage levels of Str there)....

~Rex

Well, Dutch was played by Arnold and the Hollywood Arnold was a 23-25 STR.

I would give him both Climbing and Clinging for those surfaces (like rigging) where the former would work and the latter might not. Also' date=' their ability to brachiate through trees could be a form of Flight.[/quote']

You probably could use flight to simulate but why could that not be simulated by leaping from tree to tree (he has a superhuman amount of leap even if he is not leaping city blocks) and cling to the trees as he goes along?

The climbing skill would probably be a good addition.

You probably could use flight to simulate but why could that not be simulated by leaping from tree to tree (he has a superhuman amount of leap even if he is not leaping city blocks) and cling to the trees as he goes along?

The climbing skill would probably be a good addition.

Depends on how cinematic you want to be. Leaping and Climbing are "Real World," Leaping and Clinging are "Hollywood Cinema", Flight pushes the Predator into Hong Kong cinema territory.

His brother? What character is that?

Detective Schaefer, NYPD. Makes his brother look like a Pansie. http://www.htmlcomics.com/Book/html.asp?Series_Name=Predator&Book_No=001&Page_Number=1&Alpha=|&Lookup=Predator

~Rex....been a huge Predator fan a long time....hence while slightly worried about having to suspend disbelief that Adrian Brody is a badass in the Predators movie......is happy, Oleg Taktarov is in that flick, who has Badass to spare.

With regard to the self-destruct mechanism, I'd only change one thing to better reflect the movie

version. I timed the self-destruct sequence in the original film once, and Schaefer only had 43

seconds to get clear before the detonation took place - and even then, he still caught part of the

blast (the novelized version of Predator 2 made it clear that Schaefer suffered some radiation

exposure from the blast, and the scene where he's diving for cover tends to bear that out, as the

energy pulse from the blast does reach him before he's completely out of the way).

About the Predator's STR: the score listed in the writeup might be enough to let it crush concrete

in its bare hands, but is it enough to allow it to tear through a metal roof (say, of something like

a subway car)?

Major Tom 2009 :confused:

With regard to the self-destruct mechanism, I'd only change one thing to better reflect the movie

version. I timed the self-destruct sequence in the original film once, and Schaefer only had 43

seconds to get clear before the detonation took place - and even then, he still caught part of the

blast (the novelized version of Predator 2 made it clear that Schaefer suffered some radiation

exposure from the blast, and the scene where he's diving for cover tends to bear that out, as the

energy pulse from the blast does reach him before he's completely out of the way).

About the Predator's STR: the score listed in the writeup might be enough to let it crush concrete

in its bare hands, but is it enough to allow it to tear through a metal roof (say, of something like

a subway car)?

Major Tom 2009 :confused:

I am not super familiar with all the literary works associated with the Predator mythology so from the movies I assumed their was no radiation. It would also make sense becuase if the devices had been used multiple times on earth over the last 10,000 to 20,000 years, there would signs of radiation easily detectable by modern scientists that would date back to when man was mostly hunting and gathering through out the world. I always saw the device as a means to erase the existence of a failed hunt. Leaving residue of a fission bomb behind would not really support that.

Also, in the movie at least, Dutch just seemed a little battered and no obvious visual signs that he had radiation sickness caused by the explosion. And did walk away under his own power. If he did get radiated it was not obvious and a pretty crappy thing to do to a hero (kind of reminds me of aliens 3 where in the first 5 minutes Newt and Hicks are killed off to further a crappy plotline.)

My reasoning behind the timer is this. Dutch is merely human and while strong and atheletic he can only run so fast, top that off by running through very difficult terrain. By the description of the size of the blast it was really large about a kilometer in diameter(I believe the special Agent Keyes character said 120 square blocks of jungle were destroyed, if memory serves.) So Dutch had to get about half a click away running through a jungle and only started to run when the counter was like half way done counting down. I would say that there is a perceptual time dilation effect going on, you know like when time seems to fly by for one person and go more slowly for another i.e...you can justify 5 minutes being percieved by the character and by the movie watcher as vastly different. And don't forget the rule of time bombs in cinema, they always just have enough time for the hero to performed his prescripted action whether that is to disarmed it or get out of the blast radius. I figured Dutch could probably escape most of the blast by running fullout and diving under cover at the last minute in about 2.5 minutes (and this to me seems very generous, which is another reason to make it an explosive effect.)

I have also addressed the strength issue but wanted to hear more from other posters before I update it in this thread.

VAL CHA Cost Total Roll Notes

30 STR 20 30 15- HTH Dmg 6d6 END [3]

21 DEX 33 21 13-

25 CON 30 25 14-

25 BODY 30 25 14-

20 INT 10 20 13- PER Roll 13-

15 EGO 10 15 12-

30 PRE 20 30 15- PRE Attack: 6d6

0 COM -5 0 9-

5 PD 0 5 5 PD

5 ED 0 5 5 ED

4 SPD 9 5 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

10 REC 0 10

50 END 0 50

50 STUN 5 40

10 RUN 8 10m END [1]

2 SWIM 0 2m END [1]

4 LEAP 2 4m 4m forward, 2m upward

CHA Cost: 157

Cost POWERS

22 Helmet/suit: Life-support system: Self contained breathing +10, Safe environment All: +9, Immune Disease/Bio+10, Immune all chemicals+10; OIF (-1/2), difficult to replace (-1/4)

2 Helmet: Heat Vision: Infrared Perception (Sight Group); Reduced End 0 (+1/2); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

2 Helmet: Night vision (Sight Group); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

5 Helmet: Penetrating thermal vision: N-Ray vision (Sight Group) blocked by insulating or dense materials; OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

2 Helmet: Ultra Vision: Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

2 Helmet: IR Filters: Enhanced sense +2 PER to reduce sight penalties in high IR environments such as on Earth, vision can be adjusted to overcome penalties in any unusual environment (Sight Group); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

8 Helmet: Targeting Laser: +3 OCV with Plasma cannon. 3 X 5pt CSL only; OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

8 Helmet: Armor 5PD / 5 ED, the helmet is very durable; OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

4 Helmet: Universal Translator Speech; IIF (-0.25), Diff to replace (-0.25)

5 Medical Kit: Healing 2d6: IIF (-1/4), Extra time: 1 Turn (-1 1/4), Requires paramedics role (-1/2), 6 charges (-3/4)

10 Clinging (10pts) 1D6 KB resist, represents climbing ability inherent to race.

8 Faster Running: +4” running

2 Agile Leap: +2” of leap

17 Right Bracer: 1D6+1 HKA STR + HKA = 2.5 D6 damage; Armor piercing (+1/2); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

8 Right Bracer: Armor 5PD / 5 ED, the bracer is very durable; OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

15 EC: Powered Devices

5 Slot#1: Left Bracer: Cloaking Device: Invisibility to sight group; Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2); IIF difficult to replace (-1/2)

10 Slot#2: Left Bracer: Self Destruct Device: 10D6 Energy Blast; Explosion (+1/2); Mega scale (1"=100M +1/4); No Range (-1/2); OIF: Left bracer difficult to replace (-1/2), Gestures: to activate (-1/2) and 2 hands require (-1/2); Charges: 1 charge (-2), Non recoverable (-2); Lockout: Cannot use other powers in EC while destruct activated; Extra time: bomb counts down 5 minutes before destruction (-2)

POWERS Cost: 134

Cost SKILLS:

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Analyze 13-

3 Break fall 13-

2 KS: Alien Species 11-

2 KS:Predator Culture 11-

3 Mimicry 13-

2 Navigation 13-

2 Survival: Tropical 13-

2 Survival: Arctic 13-

2 Survival: Mountains 13-

2 Survival: Urban 13-

3 System Operations 13-

3 Tracking 13-

Everyman:

0 Acting 8-

3 Climbing 13-

0 Concealment 8-

0 Computer Programming 8-

0 Deduction 8-

0 Native Lang. 4pts no literacy 8-

3 Paramedics 13-

0 Persuasion -8

0 PS: Hunter 11-

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Stealth 13-

0 Transport Fam. Mil Spacecraft 8-

0 AK: Home world 8-

SKILLS Cost: 44

Cost: PERKS

2 Fringe Benefit: Member of the Tribe. Includes access to predator technology and starships.

10 Tribal Vehicle/Base: Each member of the tribe contributes to a starship that serves as both a base and means of transportation.

PERKS Cost: 12

Cost: TALENTS

3 Bump of Direction

3 Resistance: +3 to Ego skill roll to resist interrogation only

TALENTS Cost: 6

Value DISADVANTAGES

10 Distinct. Feature: 8' + Tall Alien humanoid. Easy Conceal with Cloaking device +5, Ext.Com react: Fear+10. Not distinctive to other of same race/society -5

15 Distinct. Feature: Spirit world disturbance, not concealable +15, ext.React:10, unusual sense-10: those who can sense magic or spirits feel something unnatural is present if not exactly where.

20 Hunted: U.S. Gov. Division 13 Spec ops. Occasion 8- , more powerful+15, NCI +5, imprison/kill -0

10 Physical. Limitation: Naturally more sensitive to Infrared, without Helmet enhanced senses on an earth like world the following penalties are suffered: -2 PER, -2 OCV, -1 DCV, penalties do not apply on ship or on home world. Infrequent+5, greatly+5

25 Psychological Limitation: Code of the Hunter: Will not hunt children, pregnant women, or unarmed opponents. Total +10 (-5 EGO roll to overcome), Very common +15. Penalty can be modified if predator decides to fight at a disadvantage..i.e. Removing helmet or throwing down some weapons but only against a worthy opponent.

20 Psychological Limitation: Obsessed with trophy collecting. When attacking a group of worthy opponents the predator will hunt one and retreat with corpse. If denied the corpse it will seek to steal that corpse before finding a new prey to hunt. When attacking a group of lesser opponents may kill all opponents first before collecting trophies (treats group as one worthy opponent.) Strong+5, Very common+15

5 Social Limitation: Hierarchy of Hunters: A hunter must obey and respect the decisions of the stronger hunters. Precedence based on a combination of one on one duels, trophies collected, and prestige. Occasional +5, Major effect +5, only in Predator Society -5

DISADVANTAGES Points: 105

Base Pts: 238

Exp Required: 0

Total Exp Available: 0

Exp Unspent: 0

Total Character Cost:

Power Upgrades can be bought with experience pts:

Cost POWERS

30 EC: Shoulder mounted Plasma Cannon: 4D6 RKA; Reduced End: 0 END (+1/2); OIF (-1/2), Extremely difficult to replace (-1)

20 Spear: HKA 2D6; Armor Piercing (+1/2), Reduced End 0 End (+1/2); OAF (-1) Extremely difficult to replace (-1)

2 PLUS to Spear: Long Weapon: 1" stretch (reduced END0 (+0.25), [7Activ pts], OAF (-1), Always direct (-1/4), No Noncom stretch (-1/2), only to cause dmg (-1/2), no Velocity dmg (-1/4) =2 pts real cost for stretching

2 PLUS to spear: Throwing Spear: Ranged: based on STR (+1/4), 1 recoverable charge when thrown (-1 ¼), OAF (-1), Lockout: Cannot use HKA until recovered (-1/2)

28 Razor net: 3D6 3 DEF Entangle hardened 3DEF: Continuous (+1); Uncontrolled (+1/2), End 0 (+1/2); 1 recoverable charges (-1 1/4); OAF (-1), Extremely difficult to replace (-1), cannot form Barriers (-1/4)

17 PLUS to Razor Net: 1 1/2D6 RKA: Armor Piercing (+1/2), Continuous (+1); Uncontrolled (+1/2), End 0 (+1/2); 1 recoverable charges (1 1/4); OAF (-1), Extremely difficult to replace (-1); Linked lesser to greater (-1/2)

25 Razor Disc: 2D6 RKA: Armor Piercing (+1/2), Auto Fire 2-3 targets (+1/2), Reduced End: 0 END (+1); OAF (-1) Extremely difficult to replace (-1), Range Based on STR (-1/4), No Knock Back: weapon slices right through target (-1/4)

25 Razor Disc: 2D6 HKA+ 2D6 from STR: the Disc can be held and used in close combat: AP (+1/2), Reduced End: 0 END (+1), OAF (-1) Extremely difficult to replace (-1)

13 Dart Launcher on Right Bracer: 2D6 RKA; Armor Piercing (+1/2); 3 recoverable charges (-3/4), OIF (-1/2), Extremely difficult to replace (-1)

10 Mini- razor discs: 1D6 RKA; Reduced End: 0 END (+1); IIF (-1/4) Extremely difficult to replace (-1), Range Based on STR (-1/4), No KB (-1/4)

* Trophy weapons: In AVP one Predator had what looked like a knife made of some creatures bone. To add flavor a variety of melee weapons could be added made from trophies collected but will likely not be of a superior quality to the usual arsenal.

Background/History:

Not much is known about this predatory species except that there have been a few encounters reported from reliable sources in the late 20th century. The first recorded encounter was in the summer of 1987 in Guatemala by Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer and his special Search and Rescue Task Force. His fire-team consisted of 7 expert, heavily, armed soldiers that were sent on a covert mission to rescue Cabinet ministers whose helicopter was downed by guerilla forces. Major Schaefer reports encountering an alien that used advanced technology to render itself invisible and had a shoulder mounted weapon that is deduced to fire a bolt of Plasma. This alien wiped out the major's team in less than 48 hours and seemed to hunt the team in search of body parts for trophies. Dutch managed to defeat this creature after discovering that the creature sees body heat and could not detect him after he was covered in mud. Major Schaefer fashioned crude explosives and weapons and armed with knowledge of the creature’s ability to see his body heat, Dutch set up an ambush. After defeating the alien, the Major narrowly escaped from a large explosion caused by a self destruct device activated by the dying creature. The blast covered an area of nearly a half a kilometer radius and although seemingly a product of a fission or Fusion it left no radioactive fallout.

The second confirmed encounter was in the summer of 1997 in Los Angeles by LA PD Lieutenant Michael Harrigan and Detective Leona Cantrell. The encounter was thoroughly documented by a special Task force set up by Division 13 who was tasked with capturing the Predator's advanced technology after the first reported encounter in 1987. The task force, led by Special Agent Peter Keyes successfully tracked the predator using a net of motion sensors on rooftops to a meat packing plant and attempted to capture the predator with liquid nitrogen guns, heat insulated suits, black lights, and sprinkling radioactive particles in the air in order to render the alien's cloaking device inert. The predator was not fooled and changed the elector-magnetic spectrum range to ultraviolet in order to see the capture team's black lights. Although, visible, the Predator killed the capture team. Lieutenant Harrigan managed to chase the creature down and kill it. Lieutenant Harrigan reports that a group of 5 of the creatures then de-cloaked and retrieved the body of their comrade but did not attack Harrigan. One actually gave the Lieutenant an antique flintlock pistol which has been authenticated to be almost 200 hundred years old circa 1700's, which leads to speculation that the aliens have been hunting the Earth for at least that long.

From the classified corporate files of Wayland industries file # 316B-29X: A third encounter with this species occurred on an archaeological expedition to a whaling station (Bouvetøya) 1000 miles North of Antarctica, lead by Billionaire Charles Bishop Weyland. The expedition was in search of a buried pyramid discovered by heat imaging from a satellite. The expedition was caught in a battle between this predator species and another unknown species of alien. The only was survivor, Alexa Woods an Arctic survival expert hired on as the expedition guide. She reported that the team’s archaeologist had discovered that the Pyramid was a trap to bring humans to the Pyramid to act as hosts for the parasitic offspring of the unknown aliens and that the Predators would hunt these creatures as part of a Rite of Passage ceremony. The Aliens were able to overcome 2 of the 3 predators. The remaining Predator allied with Alexa and together they were able to wipe out the nest of Aliens using the predator self destruct device to destroy the Pyramid. One large version of the alien species, reportedly the egg layer, reached the surface and attacked Alexa and the Predator. By the end of the fight the Alien ‘Queen’ fell into freezing depths of the Antarctic seas and the predator was mortally injured. A spacecraft appeared form nowhere, presumably with the same cloaking technology possessed by the Predators, and several predators emerged to retrieve their fallen comrade.

Personality/Motivation:

The Predator Society is similar to human ancient hunting societies. The best warriors are the leaders of the tribe through their past exploits and through ritualistic duels. The predators are trophy collectors but only choose the hunt species that are able to pose a threat in combat. Against a group of dangerous foes the Predator will seek one out one of the group to kill and collect trophies. If denied a trophy it will seek to retrieve the trophy before killing again. If fighting a group of lesser opponents the predator will kill the group first before collecting trophies, usually chasing fleeing opponents down before collection. The predator will not attack people that provide no “sport” such as unarmed, children, or pregnant women.

Powers/Tactics: The basic predator is equipped with Cloaking Device, life support systems, a self destruct device, helmet with visual enhancements, targeting laser, medical kit, and Claw Bracer. These are given to the young upon reaching adult hood. Replacement and repair of these devices requires the predator to return to the base ship and is only done when the Predator abandons an expedition or finishes the hunt at the appointed time making these Foci difficult to replace. As the predator becomes more experienced and undergoes rites of passage, it is granted more weaponry. Common weapons: Plasma cannon that patches into the Power system along with the self destruct mechanism and cloaking device. There are also a variety of melee weapons including knives and spears made of a metal alloy not found on earth that is extremely durable. Dart launchers, Razor wire nets, and flying disc blades are common. This upgraded weaponry can be replaced but requires a trip back to his home world and therefore extremely difficult to replace in most situations.

Appearance

Predators are 8”+ tall humanoids with claw like mandibles and dreadlock like strands on their head. They wear little in the way of clothing preferring bits of Armor and a helmet. They prefer hot environments but have been know to hunt in almost any environment. The predator home world has a dense atmosphere that screens higher spectrum of visual light and in response the predator’s natural vision is sensitive to the Orange spectrum of light.

Designer's Notes:

I have decided to only treat some of the movies as canon to the Predator Mythology and some of the books and graphic novels that I read many years ago. For example, the latest Alien VS Predator: Requiem is pure garbage. Unlike the Alien Movies, most of the predator movies are fairly good and don’t detract from the mythology.

Throughout the 1st 2 movies theirs seems to be some mystical connection and some magically sensitive individuals can sense a disturbance of some kind when the predator is in the area. I was not really sure how to simulate so I went with a Distinctive feature limitation although this is not a huge handicap.

From the first movie when the predator takes off his mask his point of view is shown as very orange in color. I extrapolate from this that the Predator’s vision is sensitive to the Infrared spectrum of light and therefore evolved in an environment where Infrared is hard to see. By giving the predator a penalty to his attack rolls when helmet is removed it serves to level the playing field and to make the fight more challenging while representing having obscured (I read as partially flashed) vision. Basically the equivalent of a human having their eyes dilated and walking outside on a sunny day without sunglasses

From the second movie: This predator is kind of a wuss, he has many more gadgets for killing than the first predator but he fights much weaker opponents ( Heavily armed Special forces units in the first movie VS gang members or cops in the second.) He did fight and kill the government capture squad but only because they were hunting him. The predator also would kill off entire squads of thugs instead of killing them one by one, which was different from the first movie.

From the 3rd movie: Predators in an Arctic environment is a departure from the first two movies. A different kind of Blade disc is introduced and one Predator had a knife. Also dispelled the idea that the Plasma cannon are a standard piece of gear since the Predators had to go through a rite of passage to earn theirs.

VAL CHA Cost Total Roll Notes

30 STR 20 30 15- HTH Dmg 6d6 END [3]

21 DEX 33 21 13-

25 CON 30 25 14-

25 BODY 30 25 14-

20 INT 10 20 13- PER Roll 13-

15 EGO 10 15 12-

30 PRE 20 30 15- PRE Attack: 6d6

0 COM -5 0 9-

5 PD 0 5 5 PD

5 ED 0 5 5 ED

4 SPD 9 5 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

10 REC 0 10

50 END 0 50

50 STUN 5 40

10 RUN 8 10m END [1]

2 SWIM 0 2m END [1]

4 LEAP 2 4m 4m forward, 2m upward

CHA Cost: 157

Cost POWERS

22 Helmet/suit: Life-support system: Self contained breathing +10, Safe environment All: +9, Immune Disease/Bio+10, Immune all chemicals+10; OIF (-1/2), difficult to replace (-1/4)

2 Helmet: Heat Vision: Infrared Perception (Sight Group); Reduced End 0 (+1/2); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

2 Helmet: Night vision (Sight Group); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

5 Helmet: Penetrating thermal vision: N-Ray vision (Sight Group) blocked by insulating or dense materials; OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

2 Helmet: Ultra Vision: Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

2 Helmet: IR Filters: Enhanced sense +2 PER to reduce sight penalties in high IR environments such as on Earth, vision can be adjusted to overcome penalties in any unusual environment (Sight Group); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

8 Helmet: Targeting Laser: +3 OCV with Plasma cannon. 3 X 5pt CSL only; OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

8 Helmet: Armor 5PD / 5 ED, the helmet is very durable; OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

4 Helmet: Universal Translator Speech; IIF (-0.25), Diff to replace (-0.25)

5 Medical Kit: Healing 2d6: IIF (-1/4), Extra time: 1 Turn (-1 1/4), Requires paramedics role (-1/2), 6 charges (-3/4)

10 Clinging (10pts) 1D6 KB resist, represents climbing ability inherent to race.

8 Faster Running: +4” running

2 Agile Leap: +2” of leap

17 Right Bracer: 1D6+1 HKA STR + HKA = 2.5 D6 damage; Armor piercing (+1/2); OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

8 Right Bracer: Armor 5PD / 5 ED, the bracer is very durable; OIF (-1/2), Difficult to replace (-1/4)

15 EC: Powered Devices

5 Slot#1: Left Bracer: Cloaking Device: Invisibility to sight group; Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2); IIF difficult to replace (-1/2)

10 Slot#2: Left Bracer: Self Destruct Device: 10D6 Energy Blast; Explosion (+1/2); Mega scale (1"=100M +1/4); No Range (-1/2); OIF: Left bracer difficult to replace (-1/2), Gestures: to activate (-1/2) and 2 hands require (-1/2); Charges: 1 charge (-2), Non recoverable (-2); Lockout: Cannot use other powers in EC while destruct activated; Extra time: bomb counts down 5 minutes before destruction (-2)

POWERS Cost: 134

Cost SKILLS:

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Analyze 13-

3 Break fall 13-

2 KS:Predator Culture 11-

3 Mimicry 13-

2 Navigation 13-

2 Survival: Tropical 13-

2 Survival: Arctic 13-

2 Survival: Mountains 13-

2 Survival: Urban 13-

3 System Operations 13-

3 Tracking 13-

Everyman:

0 Acting 8-

3 Climbing 13-

0 Concealment 8-

0 Computer Programming 8-

0 Deduction 8-

0 Native Lang. 4pts no literacy 8-

3 Paramedics 13-

0 Persuasion -8

0 PS: Hunter 11-

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Stealth 13-

0 Transport Fam. Mil Spacecraft 8-

0 AK: Home world 8-

SKILLS Cost: 44

Cost: PERKS

2 Fringe Benefit: Member of the Tribe. Includes access to predator technology and starships.

10 Tribal Vehicle/Base: Each member of the tribe contributes to a starship that serves as both a base and means of transportation.

PERKS Cost: 12

Cost: TALENTS

3 Bump of Direction

3 Resistance: +3 to Ego skill roll to resist interrogation only

TALENTS Cost: 6

Value DISADVANTAGES

10 Distinct. Feature: 8' + Tall Alien humanoid. Easy Conceal with Cloaking device +5, Ext.Com react: Fear+10. Not distinctive to other of same race/society -5

15 Distinct. Feature: Spirit world disturbance, not concealable +15, ext.React:10, unusual sense-10: those who can sense magic or spirits feel something unnatural is present if not exactly where.

20 Hunted: U.S. Gov. Division 13 Spec ops. Occasion 8- , more powerful+15, NCI +5, imprison/kill -0

10 Physical. Limitation: Naturally more sensitive to Infrared, without Helmet enhanced senses on an earth like world the following penalties are suffered: -2 PER, -2 OCV, -1 DCV, penalties do not apply on ship or on home world. Infrequent+5, greatly+5

25 Psychological Limitation: Code of the Hunter: Will not hunt children, pregnant women, or unarmed opponents. Total +10 (-5 EGO roll to overcome), Very common +15. Penalty can be modified if predator decides to fight at a disadvantage..i.e. Removing helmet or throwing down some weapons but only against a worthy opponent.

20 Psychological Limitation: Obsessed with trophy collecting. When attacking a group of worthy opponents the predator will hunt one and retreat with corpse. If denied the corpse it will seek to steal that corpse before finding a new prey to hunt. When attacking a group of lesser opponents may kill all opponents first before collecting trophies (treats group as one worthy opponent.) Strong+5, Very common+15

5 Social Limitation: Hierarchy of Hunters: A hunter must obey and respect the decisions of the stronger hunters. Precedence based on a combination of one on one duels, trophies collected, and prestige. Occasional +5, Major effect +5, only in Predator Society -5

DISADVANTAGES Points: 105

Base Pts: 238

Exp Required: 0

Total Exp Available: 0

Exp Unspent: 0

Total Character Cost:

Power Upgrades can be bought with experience pts:

Cost POWERS

30 EC: Shoulder mounted Plasma Cannon: 4D6 RKA; Reduced End: 0 END (+1/2); OIF (-1/2), Extremely difficult to replace (-1)

20 Spear: HKA 2D6; Armor Piercing (+1/2), Reduced End 0 End (+1/2); OAF (-1) Extremely difficult to replace (-1)

2 PLUS to Spear: Long Weapon: 1" stretch (reduced END0 (+0.25), [7Activ pts], OAF (-1), Always direct (-1/4), No Noncom stretch (-1/2), only to cause dmg (-1/2), no Velocity dmg (-1/4) =2 pts real cost for stretching

2 PLUS to spear: Throwing Spear: Ranged: based on STR (+1/4), 1 recoverable charge when thrown (-1 ¼), OAF (-1), Lockout: Cannot use HKA until recovered (-1/2)

28 Razor net: 3D6 3 DEF Entangle hardened 3DEF: Continuous (+1); Uncontrolled (+1/2), End 0 (+1/2); 1 recoverable charges (-1 1/4); OAF (-1), Extremely difficult to replace (-1), cannot form Barriers (-1/4)

17 PLUS to Razor Net: 1 1/2D6 RKA: Armor Piercing (+1/2), Continuous (+1); Uncontrolled (+1/2), End 0 (+1/2); 1 recoverable charges (1 1/4); OAF (-1), Extremely difficult to replace (-1); Linked lesser to greater (-1/2)

25 Razor Disc: 2D6 RKA: Armor Piercing (+1/2), Auto Fire 2-3 targets (+1/2), Reduced End: 0 END (+1); OAF (-1) Extremely difficult to replace (-1), Range Based on STR (-1/4), No Knock Back: weapon slices right through target (-1/4)

25 Razor Disc: 2D6 HKA+ 2D6 from STR: the Disc can be held and used in close combat: AP (+1/2), Reduced End: 0 END (+1), OAF (-1) Extremely difficult to replace (-1)

13 Dart Launcher on Right Bracer: 2D6 RKA; Armor Piercing (+1/2); 3 recoverable charges (-3/4), OIF (-1/2), Extremely difficult to replace (-1)

10 Mini- razor discs: 1D6 RKA; Reduced End: 0 END (+1); IIF (-1/4) Extremely difficult to replace (-1), Range Based on STR (-1/4), No KB (-1/4)

* Trophy weapons: In AVP one Predator had what looked like a knife made of some creatures bone. To add flavor a variety of melee weapons could be added made from trophies collected but will likely not be of a superior quality to the usual arsenal.

Background/History:

Not much is known about this predatory species except that there have been a few encounters reported from reliable sources in the late 20th century. The first recorded encounter was in the summer of 1987 in Guatemala by Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer and his special Search and Rescue Task Force. His fire-team consisted of 7 expert, heavily, armed soldiers that were sent on a covert mission to rescue Cabinet ministers whose helicopter was downed by guerilla forces. Major Schaefer reports encountering an alien that used advanced technology to render itself invisible and had a shoulder mounted weapon that is deduced to fire a bolt of Plasma. This alien wiped out the major's team in less than 48 hours and seemed to hunt the team in search of body parts for trophies. Dutch managed to defeat this creature after discovering that the creature sees body heat and could not detect him after he was covered in mud. Major Schaefer fashioned crude explosives and weapons and armed with knowledge of the creature’s ability to see his body heat, Dutch set up an ambush. After defeating the alien, the Major narrowly escaped from a large explosion caused by a self destruct device activated by the dying creature. The blast covered an area of nearly a half a kilometer radius and although seemingly a product of a fission or Fusion it left no radioactive fallout.

The second confirmed encounter was in the summer of 1997 in Los Angeles by LA PD Lieutenant Michael Harrigan and Detective Leona Cantrell. The encounter was thoroughly documented by a special Task force set up by Division 13 who was tasked with capturing the Predator's advanced technology after the first reported encounter in 1987. The task force, led by Special Agent Peter Keyes successfully tracked the predator using a net of motion sensors on rooftops to a meat packing plant and attempted to capture the predator with liquid nitrogen guns, heat insulated suits, black lights, and sprinkling radioactive particles in the air in order to render the alien's cloaking device inert. The predator was not fooled and changed the elector-magnetic spectrum range to ultraviolet in order to see the capture team's black lights. Although, visible, the Predator killed the capture team. Lieutenant Harrigan managed to chase the creature down and kill it. Lieutenant Harrigan reports that a group of 5 of the creatures then de-cloaked and retrieved the body of their comrade but did not attack Harrigan. One actually gave the Lieutenant an antique flintlock pistol which has been authenticated to be almost 200 hundred years old circa 1700's, which leads to speculation that the aliens have been hunting the Earth for at least that long.

From the classified corporate files of Wayland industries file # 316B-29X: A third encounter with this species occurred on an archaeological expedition to a whaling station (Bouvetøya) 1000 miles North of Antarctica, lead by Billionaire Charles Bishop Weyland. The expedition was in search of a buried pyramid discovered by heat imaging from a satellite. The expedition was caught in a battle between this predator species and another unknown species of alien. The only was survivor, Alexa Woods an Arctic survival expert hired on as the expedition guide. She reported that the team’s archaeologist had discovered that the Pyramid was a trap to bring humans to the Pyramid to act as hosts for the parasitic offspring of the unknown aliens and that the Predators would hunt these creatures as part of a Rite of Passage ceremony. The Aliens were able to overcome 2 of the 3 predators. The remaining Predator allied with Alexa and together they were able to wipe out the nest of Aliens using the predator self destruct device to destroy the Pyramid. One large version of the alien species, reportedly the egg layer, reached the surface and attacked Alexa and the Predator. By the end of the fight the Alien ‘Queen’ fell into freezing depths of the Antarctic seas and the predator was mortally injured. A spacecraft appeared form nowhere, presumably with the same cloaking technology possessed by the Predators, and several predators emerged to retrieve their fallen comrade.

Personality/Motivation:

The Predator Society is similar to human ancient hunting societies. The best warriors are the leaders of the tribe through their past exploits and through ritualistic duels. The predators are trophy collectors but only choose the hunt species that are able to pose a threat in combat. Against a group of dangerous foes the Predator will seek one out one of the group to kill and collect trophies. If denied a trophy it will seek to retrieve the trophy before killing again. If fighting a group of lesser opponents the predator will kill the group first before collecting trophies, usually chasing fleeing opponents down before collection. The predator will not attack people that provide no “sport” such as unarmed, children, or pregnant women.

Powers/Tactics: The basic predator is equipped with Cloaking Device, life support systems, a self destruct device, helmet with visual enhancements, targeting laser, medical kit, and Claw Bracer. These are given to the young upon reaching adult hood. Replacement and repair of these devices requires the predator to return to the base ship and is only done when the Predator abandons an expedition or finishes the hunt at the appointed time making these Foci difficult to replace. As the predator becomes more experienced and undergoes rites of passage, it is granted more weaponry. Common weapons: Plasma cannon that patches into the Power system along with the self destruct mechanism and cloaking device. There are also a variety of melee weapons including knives and spears made of a metal alloy not found on earth that is extremely durable. Dart launchers, Razor wire nets, and flying disc blades are common. This upgraded weaponry can be replaced but requires a trip back to his home world and therefore extremely difficult to replace in most situations.

Appearance

Predators are 8”+ tall humanoids with claw like mandibles and dreadlock like strands on their head. They wear little in the way of clothing preferring bits of Armor and a helmet. They prefer hot environments but have been know to hunt in almost any environment. The predator home world has a dense atmosphere that screens higher spectrum of visual light and in response the predator’s natural vision is sensitive to the Orange spectrum of light.

Designer's Notes:

I have decided to only treat some of the movies as canon to the Predator Mythology and some of the books and graphic novels that I read many years ago. For example, the latest Alien VS Predator: Requiem is pure garbage. Unlike the Alien Movies, most of the predator movies are fairly good and don’t detract from the mythology.

Throughout the 1st 2 movies theirs seems to be some mystical connection and some magically sensitive individuals can sense a disturbance of some kind when the predator is in the area. I was not really sure how to simulate so I went with a Distinctive feature limitation although this is not a huge handicap.

From the first movie when the predator takes off his mask his point of view is shown as very orange in color. I extrapolate from this that the Predator’s vision is sensitive to the Infrared spectrum of light and therefore evolved in an environment where Infrared is hard to see. By giving the predator a penalty to his attack rolls when helmet is removed it serves to level the playing field and to make the fight more challenging while representing having obscured (I read as partially flashed) vision. Basically the equivalent of a human having their eyes dilated and walking outside on a sunny day without sunglasses

From the second movie: This predator is kind of a wuss, he has many more gadgets for killing than the first predator but he fights much weaker opponents ( Heavily armed Special forces units in the first movie VS gang members or cops in the second.) He did fight and kill the government capture squad but only because they were hunting him. The predator also would kill off entire squads of thugs instead of killing them one by one, which was different from the first movie.

From the 3rd movie: Predators in an Arctic environment is a departure from the first two movies. A different kind of Blade disc is introduced and one Predator had a knife. Also dispelled the idea that the Plasma cannon are a standard piece of gear since the Predators had to go through a rite of passage to earn theirs.

Predator

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

30 STR 20 15- Lift 1600.0kg; 6d6 [3]

21 DEX 33 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

25 CON 30 14-

25 BODY 30 14-

20 INT 10 13- PER Roll 13-/15-

15 EGO 10 12- ECV: 5

30 PRE 20 15- PRE Attack: 6d6

0 COM -5 9-

6 PD 0 Total: 6 PD (0 rPD)

5 ED 0 Total: 5 ED (0 rED)

4 SPD 9 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

11 REC 0

50 END 0

50 STUN -3 Total Characteristic Cost: 154

Movement: Running: 10"/20"

Leaping: 8"/16"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers

Helmet, all slots OIF (-½)

4 1) Armored Helmet: Armor (5 PD/5 ED); Activation Roll 8- (or Locations 3-4; -2), OIF (-½)

3 2) Heat Vision: IR Perception (Sight Group); OIF (-½)

3 3) Nightvision; OIF (-½)

7 4) Penetrating Thermal Vision: N-Ray Perception (Sight Group); OIF (-½)

Notes: Blocked by insulating or dense materials.

3 5) Ultra Vision: UV Perception (Sight Group); OIF (-½)

3 6) Visual Light Spectrum Vision: +2 PER with Sight Group; OIF (-½)

26 7) Helmet/Suit: LS (Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing); OIF (-½)

10 8) Targeting Laser: +3 OCV with Plasma Cannon; OIF (-½)

13 9) Universal Translator 13-; OIF (-½)

Left Bracer, all slots OIF (left bracer; -½)

20 1) Cloaking Device: Invisibility to Sight Group , Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½); OIF (left bracer; -½)

10 2) Selt-Destruct Device: EB 10d6, MegaScale (1" = 1 km; 1" = 100 meters/50"; +¼), Explosion (+½); 1 Charge which Never Recovers (-4), Extra Time (5 Minutes, countdown; -2), Lockout (cannot use any other left bracer powers once destruct is activated; -½), OIF (left bracer; -½), Gestures (must type in self-destruct code; -¼) [1 nr]

Right Bracer, all slots OIF (right bracer; -½)

3 1) Armored Bracer: Armor (5 PD/5 ED); Activation Roll 8- (or Location 8; -2), Right Arm Only (-1), OIF (right bracer; -½)

20 2) Killing Claw: HKA 1d6+1 (2 ½d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+½); OIF (right bracer; -½) 3

10 Inherent Climbing Skill: Clinging (normal STR)

2 Agile Leaper: Leaping +2" (8" forward, 4" upward) 1

8 Fast Running: Running +4" (10" total) 1

5 Medical Kit: Healing BODY 2d6; Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Character May Take No Other Actions, -1 ½), 6 Charges (-¾), OIF (-½), Requires A Paramedics Roll (-½) [6]

Perks

2 Fringe Benefit: Member of the Tribe

Notes: Includes access to Predator technology and starships.

10 Tribal Base/Vehicle: Vehicles & Bases

Notes: Each member of the tribe contributes to a starship that serves both as a base and means of transportation.

Talents

3 Bump Of Direction

3 Resistance (+3 to roll)

Skills

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Analyze: [unspecificed] 13-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Climbing 13-

2 CuK: Predator Society 11-

3 Mimicry 13-

3 Navigation 13-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Stealth 13-

8 Survival (Arctic/Subarctic, Tropical, Mountain, Urban) 13-

3 Systems Operation 13-

3 Tracking 13-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 213

Total Cost: 367

200+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: 8'+ tall alien humanoid (Easily Concealed (with Cloaking Device), Extreme Reaction (fear), Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses, Not Distinctive In Some Cultures

15 Distinctive Features: Spirit World Disturbance (Not Concealable; Extreme Reaction (fear); Detectable Only By Unusual Senses)

Notes: Those who can sense magic or spirits feel something unnatural is present if not exactly where.

15 Hunted: US Government Division 13 Special Operations 8- (Mo Pow; Capture)

10 Physical Limitation: Naturally More Sensative To The Orange Spectrum Of Visible Light (Infrequently; Greatly Impairing)

Notes: If not wearing helmet suffers the following penalties on Earth-type worlds: -2 PER, -2 OCV, -1 DCV.

25 Psychological Limitation: Code of the Hunter: Will not hunt children, pregnant women, or unarmed opponents. (Very Common; Total)

20 Psychological Limitation: Obsessed With Trophy Collecting (Very Common; Strong)

10 Social Limitation: Heiarchy of Hunters (Occasionally; Major)

62 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 367

Optional Equipment:

45 Shoulder Mounted Plasma Cannon: RKA 4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½); OAF (-1) 0

30 Spear: Multipower, 60-point reserve, all slots OAF (-1)

3u 1) Hand-Held Spear: HKA 2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+½), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½); OAF (-1) 0

1u 2) Thrown Spear: HKA 2d6 (3d6 w/STR), Range Based On STR (+¼), Armor Piercing (+½); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 ¼), OAF (-1), Lockout (can't use HKA if thrown until spear is recovered; -½) [1 rc]

2 Long Spear: Stretching 1", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½); OAF (-1), Only To Cause Damage (-½), Always Direct (-¼), No Noncombat Stretching (-¼), No Velocity Damage (-¼) 0

26 Razor Net: Entangle 3d6, 3 DEF, Hardened (+¼), Uncontrolled (+½), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Continuous (+1); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 ¼), OAF (-1), Cannot Form Barriers (-¼), Range Based On STR (-¼) [1 rc]

23 Razor Net Razors: HKA 1 ½d6 (2d6+1 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+½), Uncontrolled (+½), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Continuous (+1); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 ¼), OAF (-1), Linked (Razor Net; -½) [1 rc]

30 Razor Disc: Multipower, 60-point reserve, all slots OAF (-1)

3u 1) Hand-Held Disc: HKA 2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (½ END; +¼), Armor Piercing (+½); OAF (-1) 2

1u 2) Thrown Disc: HKA 2d6, Range Based On STR (+¼), Autofire (3 shots; +¼), Armor Piercing (+½); 1 Recoverable Charge (-1 ¼), OAF (-1), Lockout (can't use HKA if thrown until disc is recovered; -½), No STR Bonus (-½), No Knockback (-¼) [1 rc]

16 Dart Launcher On Right Bracer: RKA 2d6, Armor Piercing (+½); OAF (-1), 3 Recoverable Charges (-¾) [3 rc]

5 Mini-Razor Discs: RKA 1d6; OAF (-1), Range Based On STR (-¼), No Knockback (-¼), 6 Recoverable Charges (-¼) [6 rc]

Comments:

1) I corrected the cost of characteristics. You'd bought the Predator with 5 PD, but then sold back REC and STUN (to 10 and 50), which isn't allowed. I kept the PD at figured (6), the REC at figured (11) and sold back STUN to 50.

2) You had applied "difficult to replace" to all foci. The problem is, that only applies to expendable foci. It has nothing to do with how hard it is to repair or replace if damaged. I removed it in all cases.

3) I settled on a standardized set of foci values for equipment. For example, you had the helmet as OIF and IIF, I settled on a flat OIF.

4) You'd applied 0 END to Enhanced Senses, which don't need them. I removed those.

5) One could argue that the Universal Translator gets a -1/4 of "Spoken Languages Only".

6) I removed the EC for the bracer and simply made it to in dependent powers. There's no common theme to Invisibility and Self Destruct.

7) I'd argue that in a supers game you could drop the DF.

8) I'd argue that you could fold the two DFs together into a single "alien presence" DF.

9) I think the Phys Lim dealing with how they see is something akin to "sees only in Infrared," but that's just my opinion.

10) I also think you could fold both Psych Lims into one "Obsessed with the Hunt" and include the code/rules of the hunt into that.

11) You had the plasma cannon as an EC. I removed that.

12) I built the spear as a multipower. It seemed simpler that way.

13) I think the razor net needs to be rewritten. As it is, it will kill anyone caught in it. Shouldn't the razors only effect those who try to escape it?

14) I built the Razor Disc as a multipower as well. I think you could do the hitting three targets trick as a form of AOE.

15) You wrote 0 END as +1 in several places, so I fixed that.

16) Any reason why so many of the weapons are KA 2d6 AP?

I am not super familiar with all the literary works associated with the Predator mythology so from the movies I assumed their was no radiation. It would also make sense becuase if the devices had been used multiple times on earth over the last 10,000 to 20,000 years, there would signs of radiation easily detectable by modern scientists that would date back to when man was mostly hunting and gathering through out the world. I always saw the device as a means to erase the existence of a failed hunt. Leaving residue of a fission bomb behind would not really support that.

Also, in the movie at least, Dutch just seemed a little battered and no obvious visual signs that he had radiation sickness caused by the explosion. And did walk away under his own power. If he did get radiated it was not obvious and a pretty crappy thing to do to a hero (kind of reminds me of aliens 3 where in the first 5 minutes Newt and Hicks are killed off to further a crappy plotline.)

My reasoning behind the timer is this. Dutch is merely human and while strong and atheletic he can only run so fast, top that off by running through very difficult terrain. By the description of the size of the blast it was really large about a kilometer in diameter(I believe the special Agent Keyes character said 120 square blocks of jungle were destroyed, if memory serves.) So Dutch had to get about half a click away running through a jungle and only started to run when the counter was like half way done counting down. I would say that there is a perceptual time dilation effect going on, you know like when time seems to fly by for one person and go more slowly for another i.e...you can justify 5 minutes being percieved by the character and by the movie watcher as vastly different. And don't forget the rule of time bombs in cinema, they always just have enough time for the hero to performed his prescripted action whether that is to disarmed it or get out of the blast radius. I figured Dutch could probably escape most of the blast by running fullout and diving under cover at the last minute in about 2.5 minutes (and this to me seems very generous, which is another reason to make it an explosive effect.).

IMO, there is nothing in the movies that says definitively that the Predator's Self-Destruct device had to be a nuke. Sure, there was a mushroom cloud - but one gets that with any reasonably large explosion. The flash and lightshow could have been from an intense incendiary effect of some kind - something that burns up the Predator and his gear so there is nothing left..

Also, the assumption seems to be that, since Earth's nukes have such-and-such a set of capabilities (eg. blast radius), that this one would fit the exact same criteria. But the Predators have a few technological tricks that we don't. For starters, the SD device was a LOT smaller than any nuke we have (as far as I can tell, just a bulky wristband).

You know, this was always in the back of my mind when I was watching the second movie.

The whole "fight the Government Team" thing? The 1st Movie Predator seemed to almost be pleased that the commandos were acting smart & trying to kill him. It still relished each lone kill. The 2nd one busted out a bunch of new weapons when threatened & ended the fight as soon as possible. It also tried to set off it's Suicide Bracelet when it's situation wasn't nearly as bad.

Maybe it was me, but I always read a certain amount of Irritation from the "Lead" Predator that Lt. Harrigan received the Pistol from at the end of the film. Irritation but not surprise.

Almost as if he knew that if anyone on his ship was gonna get killed by prey it was gonna be *that* guy.

Or just a really good Perception roll. Lot of folks tend to run for Powers to quick for things you can do with a few points here and there.

~Rex

I'd argue that Billy had some sort of Detect going ('cause he's Native American, y'know...), everyone else has Hair Trigger Neck Hairs (i.e. Danger Sense).

I'm actually waiting to test it out this weekend. I talked a bunch of people into Playing Predator Saturday as a sort of, "Play HERO, Drop the D20 and Step away!".....If the last two standing, are Dutch and the Predator, then all is good.

~Rex