VPP Fireworks

Super Squirrel

I have a character who makes his own fireworks. I had to redesign the character and decided the fireworks skill is best represented in a VPP. All fireworks are IAF, Limit (Doesn't work in Water), and RSR(PS: Fireworks)

My character has four basic fireworks types right now:

Smoke Bomb (Darkness to Sight 1")

Firecracker (1pip, Armor Piercing)

1d6 Sight Flash

Concussion Bomb (+10 Leaping, no non-combat movement)

Right now I have a limit of 10 Active Points in the VPP. I'm looking for any ideas for fireworks that can give my character a variety of things to bring in with him on a job.

Images seems like an obvious candidate... might not be able to create a believeable image, or one that would last a long time, but it's still certainly a distraction and provides light.

Change environment for a cloud of cordite smoke (obscuring vision.) Cordite smoke at close range could also act as darkness to smell/taste.

For something a little more fantastic, similar to your rocket boost bomb, you could get a limited form of gliding or flight by hanging onto a rocket as it launches. Even a very limited form of TK or basic missile deflection (at range) might be possible, depending on how much control your character has over the firework's flight trajectory.

Hand attack, if he can burst one at close range and not be affected by it.

If you wanted to get really creative, you could buy something with IPE and say that the fireworks are so brilliant and distracting that you can't see the character doing whatever the IPE thing is.

Well, an Autofire attack based on tossing a string of firecrackers would seem appropriate.

How about a sonic NND attack from one of those screamer rockets?

Sparklers could be an energy Killing Attack, No Range or No Strength Adds.

Of course, there's always the Wile E. Coyote standard of attaching a rocket to yourself and blasting off; Flight with a Continuing Charge, anyone? ;)

Re: VPP Fireworks

Originally posted by Super Squirrel

Firecracker (1pip, Armor Piercing)

Not to be too picky, but AP on a 1 pip attack is completely useless. Even if the target has only 1 resistant ED, it would be halved to 1 ED since rounding is always in the target's favor.

Re: Re: VPP Fireworks

Originally posted by Gary

Not to be too picky, but AP on a 1 pip attack is completely useless. Even if the target has only 1 resistant ED, it would be halved to 1 ED since rounding is always in the target's favor.

Is it always in the target's favor? I'd think that the character with the Armor Piercing attack is, in this case, the one who is instigating the halving, so it would be rounded it the attacker's favor. Of course, I don't have the book in front of me, and can't remember whether there is a specific clause there....

Well, an Autofire attack based on tossing a string of firecrackers would seem appropriate.

Images vs Hearing, Autofire . :)

Or how about Mind Control, 2d6, Set Effect: "Duck!" -- it won't hit above a 10 EGO much, but many people (most Normals, anyway) have a Psych Lim that would work in your favor for it.

Or, my favorite:

Images vs Hearing, +10 COM.

If you can buy +1 PER for +3 points, it stands to reason that you could buy +10 COM for 5 points, doncha think?

Re: Re: VPP Fireworks

Originally posted by Gary

It would still be useful for stun. A 1pip RKA would do 1-5 stun. Dropping a 6ED to a 3ED might allow the attack to do some stun it otherwise wouldn't. So not completely useless, just mostly useless. :)

Other Additions

I have 12 total fireworks at this time. I don't have the list with me at work but there were some interesting ones that I added.

1d3 EB NND, 8" Radius (Sulfer Bomb)

Change Environment -2 OCV 1" Radius (Noxious Gas)

Transmit Unusual Group, 1 Continuing Charge(5 minutes)(Emergency Frequency)