Will there be a feature added to CO to allow your toon to played in the tabletop RPG?

ChaplainAtheon

Just curious. Either I dreamed it or I remember seeing a proposed feature before the game was released that would allow characters created within the Champions Online MMO to be saved/printed as a Hero Games 6th Edition RPG character with all their powers ready to be played in some way (I am sure there would be some tweaking needed like adding complications and some power limitations).

Is this something that may be real or am I just all hopped up on goofers?

Re: Will there be a feature added to CO to allow your toon to played in the tabletop

Champions Powers was originally going to contain a Chapter pre-building the Powers in the Game.

Beyond that - any software solution to export a CO Character to Tabeltop Write-Up was purely wishful thinking on someone's part.

Re: Will there be a feature added to CO to allow your toon to played in the tabletop

Hmmm I will check out the Champions Sourcebook then.

Thanks!

Just to be clear, ghost-angel is referring to Champions Powers, a book providing a huge list of prebuilt Powers for 6E Hero System to select from during character creation, to make the process easier and faster and to inspire character concepts.

Just to be clear' date=' ghost-angel is referring to [i']Champions Powers[/i], a book providing a huge list of prebuilt Powers for 6E Hero System to select from during character creation, to make the process easier and faster and to inspire character concepts.

I do have that book but it's big so I have not been through it all yet. I bought all the 6th edition books in one shot so I am slowly working through them all.

• 3 weeks later...

Champions Powers was originally going to contain a Chapter pre-building the Powers in the Game.

Beyond that - any software solution to export a CO Character to Tabeltop Write-Up was purely wishful thinking on someone's part.

Just to clarify. GA is saying that the plan was to include the CO pre-builds in Champions Powers. That plan was dropped. As far as I know, there are currently no plans to include pre-builds of CO powers in any Hero Games product.

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't mind if they had a feature to create a cardboard hero out of your character. I've been doing this in CoH and it works OK though you do have to work to get rid of the background.

If it were designed, it should take a picture of the front and back of the character and place it on a white background. (backgrounds tend to be distracting to the image of the character)

It should allow the user to take an action pose (i.e. execute a power such as flying or blasting away or an emote) and allow the user to snap the action in mid pose. (action poses allow depth of character and can show personality)

The image should be 300 dpi across minimum and not exceed 1" in width. (300 dpi allows sufficient detail on the image. 1" width allows the best details to be seen after print on a normal gaming mat. The larger height is usually not a problem)

Allow for the name to be printed below the image, 6-8 pt text. (text names allows for easier identification when you have many similar costumes. Also allows for the numbering of agents)

All that said, it would also be nice to have cardboard heroes of all the characters from the game.