Weapons/equipment out of nowhere

Mickael

Hi,

I'm trying to build a character that can use a lot of different weapons and gadgets, but from a predefined list.

I will build it as a multipower, with each slot a different item.

But I want the items just to appear when being used and then disappear : may it be just the SFX of the different slots, or do I have to buy an advantage/limitation for this (or a linked power to create images...) ?

Re: Weapons/equipment out of nowhere

I've occasionally used a +1/4 advantage: invisible to normal sight when not in use, for small weapons which were easily hidden. If you've got a special effect which will hide any weapon regardless of size, you could expand that to include more senses. But it would still only apply when the weapons aren't in use, so the value of advantage would be lower than normal -- GM's call.

Thank you for your answers !

invisible to normal sight when not in use, for small weapons which were easily hidden

I won't use that kind of advantage, the character won't be able to carry all the weapons : he will use, among other things, a bazooka, a shotgun, a baseball bat, a two-handed axe, etc. :P

I try to simulate a character from the videogame "Worms".

the question, is if an object is taken/destroyed when in use, does this remove it from the multipower?

I'm thinking about perhaps making it removed for a couple days, for instance the character will have to rest a lot, or to return to a lab...

maybe with the Restrainable limitation, if the object can be grabbed/broken when in use

How does this limitation work (I can't remember having seen it in the BR) ? Does the player get his character points back ?

If individual items can be taken away or destroyed and the character has no quick, easy way to replace them, yet can always pull out one of his other items...I'd buy that as the individual slots having an appropriate Focus Limitation, but not the reserve since the only way for an enemy to at least temporarily disable that is to run the character out of toys the hard way.

Restrainable is a Limitation intended to reflect inherent powers with some Focus-like aspects -- if it can't be readily taken away from you, but a grab or entangle will prevent you from using it, it's probably Restrainable. The canonical example, by the way, is Flight bought as actual wings. I'm not altogether sure I see that applying here, though, as normally it's not legal to buy something both as a Focus and Restrainable (especially if your Focus is Accessible, in which case it's basically already Restrainable for free), but a character who could manifest objects at will but needed his arms free to properly use them might indeed qualify.

If individual items can be taken away or destroyed and the character has no quick' date=' easy way to replace them, yet can always pull out one of his [i']other[/i] items...I'd buy that as the individual slots having an appropriate Focus Limitation, but not the reserve since the only way for an enemy to at least temporarily disable that is to run the character out of toys the hard way.

Restrainable is a Limitation intended to reflect inherent powers with some Focus-like aspects -- if it can't be readily taken away from you, but a grab or entangle will prevent you from using it, it's probably Restrainable. The canonical example, by the way, is Flight bought as actual wings. I'm not altogether sure I see that applying here, though, as normally it's not legal to buy something both as a Focus and Restrainable (especially if your Focus is Accessible, in which case it's basically already Restrainable for free), but a character who could manifest objects at will but needed his arms free to properly use them might indeed qualify.

Err, I'm pretty sure the point of suggesting Restrainable was to use that instead of Focus...

Err' date=' I'm pretty sure the point of suggesting Restrainable was to use that [i']instead[/i] of Focus...

Yes, but in the post I was replying to Mickael was considering having the character actually "lose" captured/destroyed objects for a couple of days or so. Which would make them Foci in my book, and in that case using Restrainable as well would probably be double-dipping.

And I do believe that I mentioned that if they're not Foci -- because the character can just create a new copy if he loses the old one -- but the character could still be prevented from using them by, say, having his arms grabbed, then Restrainable would in fact fit that. So what are we arguing about, again? :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is built as a Multipower with no limitations on the MP itself, and then all the slots are OAF. So when a slot is actually "in use," it's a OAF and can be broken, grabbed, etc. But when a slot is not "in use," the weapon isn't there so it can't be affected.