Nanobots & Zombies

Njiall

I'm writing an adventure with zombies.

The plague of zombies is produced by an alien artifact containing a cloud of medical nanobots. The nanobots do not understand how human physiology works and begin to animate corpses of mounds in the Middle Ages.

The idea is that the "disease" is transmitted through the blood when a human is wounded by a zombie and he slowly become a zombie like it.

In what ways you suggest I use to transform this idea into rules?

Re: Nanobots & Zombies

This is a plot device. I don't think you should spend time bothering to write up the description, let alone making ALL those rolls and checking defenses.

Simply say that either every corpse gets animated, or a corpse gets animated on a roll of 11-. It will save you a great deal of time and I think you will be happier this way.

However, if you are bound and determined...this might be a good use for DoT. Or you could go Constant Uncontrolled.

If you really want to do a write up maybe use something like Transform Human->Zombie, 1 pip, penetrating, DOT (maybe 20-30 hits, with what ever time increment you want based on about 15 hits to convert a normal person, stopped by maybe a blood transfusion?)

just my 2 cents

Actually, if they have to be dead first, it's more like a Summon with a dead body as an expendable focus. If they're still alive when "converted" and can potentially be cured, then yeah, Transform.

Actually' date=' if they have to be dead first, it's more like a Summon with a dead body as an expendable focus..[/quote']

That's a very good point. It could be a plain ol' DOT that's incurable, and when they die, it's a triggered Summon.

But for the most part, plot device, fo' sho.