Naming Help

Enforcer84

I'm looking for help with an international organization for good.

Think of them as a Third Party CIA. They keep tabs on Everyone. But their main focus is limiting the damage done by villainous organizations.

They specialize in infiltration and information gathering and technology.

I believe my original plan was to have them "Heaven" or Angelically themed, but that's not a requirement. A nice Acronym would be cool

Essentially, they are background support for a few supers in my Else Earth campaign world. They have a super-genius on payroll, and their current director is a mid-level telepath.

They began shortly after WWII, and have access to high- and alien-technology. They have a few super powered operatives who operate as superheroes with the organization supporting them. The agents keep tabs on their fellow Heroes - to varying levels of organizational/team mate loyalty.

The Org is very secret, and very good at remaining that way. They have contacts with most of the "enlightened" nations and seek to improve all mankind, without running the show - with varying degrees of success and occasional overstepping of their 'non-controlling' doctrine.

I had considered, The Host, H.E.A.V.E.N. (but couldn't come up with a good acronym), the Globe, the Gateway...

They aren't really paramilitary, and probably don't have an aggressive name. But if it's cool....

Re: Naming Help

I use CHESS (Central Headquarter for Enforcement and Security Services) and ISES (International Security and Emergency Services or International Space Exploration Service sometimes I use Intergalactic instead depending on the campaign)

I'll steal something here. 'Providence'. Defined by Wikipedia as "God's activity in the world. By implication, it is also a title of God. A distinction is usually made between "general providence" which refers to God's continuous upholding the existence and natural order of the universe, and "special providence" which refers to God's extraordinary intervention in the life of people." Seems like it might be appropriate.

Here's a heavenly-sounding non-threatening acronym for you:

H.A.L.O. -- And Logistics Organization (home, homeland, humanity, hierarchy, etc)

That's awesome...but I use HALO for their Holographic Sensor suite.

I'll steal something here. 'Providence'. Defined by Wikipedia as "God's activity in the world. By implication' date=' it is also a title of God. A distinction is usually made between "general providence" which refers to God's continuous upholding the existence and natural order of the universe, and "special providence" which refers to God's extraordinary intervention in the life of people." Seems like it might be appropriate.[/quote']

Providence might work. Thanks guys!