Infographic: 120 fake sci-fi events on a real-world timeline

Susano

We tracked down 120 important dates from sci-fi movies and TV—everything from that long time ago in a galaxy far, far away in Star Wars to the end of the universe in Doctor Who, plus plenty in between—and charted them out chronologically on a real-world timeline.

FinalScifiDateTimeline-thumb-550x5120-42874.jpg

Re: Infographic: 120 fake sci-fi events on a real-world timeline

The trick, of course, is explaining all inconsistencies so that you can use all of that in the same universe without modification. ;)

Edit: Parallel universes don't count, as that would make it too easy to explain.

I have to disagree with your placing "The Thing" in 1982.

The original "Who goes there" (which was set in Antarctica) was in 1938; the first movie "The Thing from Another World" was set in the Arctic, but it was in 1951.

The original "Who goes there" (which was set in Antarctica) was in 1938; the first movie "The Thing from Another World" was set in the Arctic, but it was in 1951.

And John Carpenter's The Thing was set in 1982.

PS: I didn't create the timeline.

Welll...the easy way of getting around that particular hurdle would be to have the ship

that was discovered in 1982 be a search-and-rescue craft sent out to find and recover

the ship that was found (and inadvertantly destroyed by the Army) in 1951, and which

experienced problems of its own that resulted in the crash-landing in the Antarctic.

(Just had a thought... I don't know if I'm remembering this right or not, but wasn't it

mentioned in The Thing that the alien ship had crashed somewhere between 100 to

150 thousand years in the past?)

Major Tom 2009 :confused:

Yeah, the ship found in the 1982 film was buried under a lot of ice. This being Antarctica, that meant it hasd been there for thousands of years.

• 2 weeks later...

Then, within the context of this thread, that means that a certain refugee fleet got

real lucky... can you imagine what a serious downer it would've been to have made it

to Earth in spite of the Cylons' efforts to wipe them out, only to wind up being assim-

ilated by a biological cousin of the Borg (so to speak)?

Major Tom 2009 :dyn