FANTASY HERO Sneak Peek #1: The Cover!

Steve Long

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: FANTASY HERO Sneak Peek #1: The Cover!

Since we have red-and-gold as the Champions colors (based on the MMO logo and trade dress)' date=' using green-and-gold for Fantasy seemed like a natural step. ;) Fred and I haven't started discussing SH yet, but perhaps there'll be some gold there too, to link them all together. :hex:[/quote']

Actually, there I was thinking of using the blue of the core line and replacing gold with something more cold/space/starlight in feel. But we'll see. :)

I believe it was "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious." Soft "g" as in "fragile," rather than hard "g" as in, well, "frag."

I've seen it spelled both ways online, but dictionaries seem to favor "fragi," as here: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

(We now return you to your previously-scheduled book cover thread.) :o

Slightly off topic:

Looking forward to the sneak peek of the Star Hero background, judging from those comments on the color scheme.

Well' date=' I did spell it phonetically, from memory.[/quote']

Where else except on these forums could I expect someone to be able to spell that word phonetically from memory? :)

Disclaimer: I've never actually watched the whole movie.

Back on topic:

Thank you very much Fred. The word I'd use to describe my current desktop background has already been posted. ;)

Slightly off topic:

Looking forward to the sneak peek of the Star Hero background, judging from those comments on the color scheme.

No disrespect intended, but the new Star HERO cover artist will have a challenge matching the standard of the previous edition's cover, let alone surpassing it. That was one of the most breathtaking sci-fi images I've ever seen.

No disrespect intended' date=' but the new [i']Star HERO[/i] cover artist will have a challenge matching the standard of the previous edition's cover, let alone surpassing it. That was one of the most breathtaking sci-fi images I've ever seen.

Indeed, I meant not to diminish that illustration - I agree that it captures that old "Sense Of Wonder" - just that I am curious to see its successor image, especially after the new FH cover. :)

If you look closely (it's difficult to see because of the lightning and the storm)' date=' the "tower" is a gigantic tree that's part of an elven forest-city (you can see a similar, intact tree in the lower right). So the lightning strike there isn't a good thing. However, our heroes will still undoubtedly find a way to save the day and defeat the orcish horde! ;)[/quote']

I noticed that to the far left, there's a burned tree city....

The new free FH cover wallpaper (see elsewhere on this forum) shows the destruction of the city, and the horde of attacking orcs, in much greater detail. These two heroes look to be in even deeper sheep-dip than the preview version implies.

Our first one is the superb cover, by Tyler Walpole. We're really happy with it and hope you'll love it as much as we do. ;)

Do you have high-res covers like that for the rest of the 6E line? Original JPG art is much better than scanning.