• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ragitsu

• Certified

• tkdguy

• Clonus

Re: Ctrl+V

OK, so my group absolutely fell in love with OVA. We hacked Cthulhutech (specifically the war between the Eldritch Society and the Chrysalis Corporation, aptly named "Shadow War"), Exalted (which has worked very well in play, so far), made three homebrew anime settings (two of which I am extremely proud of...OVA set of a nuclear bomb of inspiration for me to create!) and finally, Star Wars. It's a solo-game and I'm the GM and the PC's a Jedi in the Legacy Era and it's been a BLAST! All of the telekinetic Force powers work with Telekinesis, Mindtrick's covered by Psychic, Acrobatics for Force leaps, Sixth Sense for Force Sense, Weapon 3 (x3 AP) for lightsabers...it just all fits so well and we're loving it!

I know OVA isn't for everyone, but if you haven't checked it out or think it's too simple or only anime, I'd give it a look.

I can't wait for the Revised Edition! biggrin.png

"Glock 17. 9mm rounds, seventeen in a magazine. Semi-auto, fires as fast as you can pull the trigger. Made out of a lightweight polymer. I recommend you hold it with two hands, for better aim and recoil reduction." I pulled back the slide, locked it and popped out the magazine. "Made from steel, coated in plastic. Holds seventeen rounds. To load, push the magazine in until it clicks, flick the lever here to snap the slide forward. It's now ready to fire."

I opened the window and fired a round. "Sixteen shots remaining." I said, handing her the gun. "This gun is now your most important possession. When we get a chance I'll give you some proper training and a better gun, but until then there's a very real possibility that we'll be attacked." I looked at Heidi straight in the eye. Not in a romantic way, in a completely serious way. "Sixteen shots. Aim and shoot." I gave her a few spare magazines just as the radio buzzed into life.

You each now have visited Wardrobe ... a place that seems more cluttered and disorganized than it truly is. Some items that had been carefully cataloged and stored have been removed from their places of safe-keeping. Others were quickly manufactured according to your specifications. These items, selected according to your approved requisitions, were laid out on a series of tables... one for each of you. You mentally take inventory of the items that are being made available to you and decide how best to carry or wear them. You then sign a receipt for all of these items.

You have used the several "prep" rooms... glorified dressing cubicles... one at a time to change your clothing and equip yourselves. One spare set of what is believed to be common, every-day clothing and one other outfit of the nature you desired has been provided to you. Some of the outfits that you have been provided have slightly more heft to them... proof of their protective natures. Perhaps several day's worth of various foodstuffs... fruit and nuts, boxes of juice, a canteen of ice water, a brick of cheese, and some sort of dried meats... have been placed in non-descript containers and sealed as needed to keep them fresh and easily located and transported.

Having dressed yourself in your chosen outfit, armed yourself appropriately, and packed other things in whatever you may be using as a carry-all; you move from Wardrobe to the Stage for what may become the performance of your lives. The center of the room is occupied by a simple wood and plywood platform, roughly a meter off the ground, one side of which has wooden stairs used to access the platform.

Each of you in turn ascends the platform and sees a series of white lines neatly projected onto the platform. Some of you very quickly realize what these lines are supposed to do. "These are the dimensions of the basement of the building into which you will be projected." The now-familiar voice is that of your Mission Supervisor. "Team leader, arrange your personnel in preparation for transport."

The platform is huge and is roughly octagonal in shape, except that the stairs replace three facets of the octogon surface on the side where they exist. Eight very large camera-like machines point toward the center of the stage, each a short distance away from the stage and evenly-spaced around it. The lights that are projected from above outline a very simple shape. It is nearly rectangular, and measures some three meters by five. There are indications as to which direction is North. In addition, two items are marked. The stairs going up to the main level of the church are located in the SW corner of the rectangle along the shorter side, and a door-symbol is projected in the middle of the short, northern wall.

"Remember, you will have roughly one week to complete your mission." She looks at her watch, there being no clocks... or anything else within the room. "It now is T-minus two minutes, 17 seconds. Good luck." With that, she steps out of the Stage room, closing a heavy door behind her.

You are alone.

The brief silence is broken by a very minor hummm.

1. A prankster in her fourth-story dorm room sees a likely victim approaching on a walkway outside. The walkway is 13 meters below her window, and the center of the walkway is 4.0 meters from the wall directly under the window. What outward velocity must she give to a water balloon she drops through her window so the balloon will hit the center of the walkway?