• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ragitsu

• Certified

• tkdguy

• Clonus

IIRC ENCOURAGED practice. 

Feral cats are NASTY in oh so many ways.  A relative lives next to a woman who feeds all the poor dear things...   

The Cats are also a HUGE threat to songbirds, etc.  

Newest I have seen is that it MIGHT have been someone's pet.   I'll bet it wasn't chipped, or wearing a collar, or licensed...

One significant contributor towards this problem are folks that want to let their cats be outdoor cats, yet won't take any measures to prevent their ability to reproduce.

Absolutely nothing disgusting about Scarlett, you heretic. :P

Looking at the director and writer, it'll probably not be good. But I'll see it anyway, probably streaming.

If you're offended by the whitewashing, then rejoice that the Attack on Titans live action has been asianwashed. It's a plot point that only Mikasa has any Asian blood in the manga, but they went with an all local cast.

Absolutely nothing disgusting about Scarlett, you heretic. :P

Looking at the director and writer, it'll probably not be good. But I'll see it anyway, probably streaming.

If you're offended by the whitewashing, then rejoice that the Attack on Titans live action has been asianwashed. It's a plot point that only Mikasa has any Asian blood in the manga, but they went with an all local cast.

Well, despite being inaccurate in regards to that character (if not others?), at least the adaptation will have more minority (in regards to the United States' population, not Japan's, of course) representation.

In other words? This is a far cry from what Hollywood typically engages in. One only needs to glance at the live-action Western adaptation of Dragon Ball to realize that.

Well, despite being inaccurate in regards to that character (if not others?), at least the adaptation will have more minority (in regards to the United States' population, not Japan's, of course) representation.

In other words? This is a far cry from what Hollywood typically engages in. One only needs to glance at the live-action Western adaptation of Dragon Ball to realize that.

So, are you saying it might not be that bad, or that it will likely be bad? I haven't heard too much on this one, just saw mention of it when I was looking at the Attack on Titans stuff. (Which seems not to be slated for a US release at this point.)

Oh, you were referring to the Ghost In The Shell live-action adaptation?

Well, the people in charge might get the feel of the cyberpunk world right, but the main character is going to be ruined by not visually being Japanese (or as Japanese as anime tends to get).

The presence of a Caucasian "shell" could be hand-waved away (the Major is undercover), but it still feels wrong from a cultural representation standpoint.

When I hear rumors that Akira is going to get a live-action adaptation in NEW YORK with a primarily CAUCASIAN cast, then I weep for the future.