• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ragitsu

• Certified

• tkdguy

• Clonus

2 hours ago, tkdguy said:

In GURPS, the sheath is a weapon unto itself; I want to say that a Broadsword/Katana's Sheath counts as either a Baton or Light Club...though it isn't as durable as a regular bludgeoning weapon (you need a reinforced/expensive sheath to match the normal durability of a dedicated specimen).

--- --- ---

City of Powers 4: Electric
"I've got to move
Come let me take you on a party ride
And I'll teach you, teach you, teach you
I'll teach you the electric slide"
- Electric Boogie, Marcia Griffiths

On multiple occasions, I made it clear that I needed a sealed package (i.e., a box); I specifically made mention of the box's corners and I even said "(durable and not overly-narrow) packaging tape or better". I also made it clear that I had no problem paying a higher cost of shipping (to compensate for the additional materials, labor and time); at no point did I quibble about the price or attempt to negotiate for a lower cost. After all of that, I went ahead and paid the amount you mentioned, because I trusted you to fulfill my requirements.

However...I received a box with visibly unsealed corners and the tape - cheap, old and/or apparently hastily applied - peeling away in quite a few spots, ensuring a *lack* of seal. I told you that there are times when packages side outside longer than expected and that is why I needed the box closed up tight. Why you couldn't be bothered to make a genuine effort is beyond me, because I was always willing to pay extra and there was no implication that you had to hurry with the packaging process.

Furthermore, you employed a used box. While I never clarified a request for a new/unused box, you would think that, when the product being shipped is a vintage/out-of-print and fragile softcover book a quarter-of-a-century old, you'd at least choose a specimen that wasn't clearly crumpled.

City of Powers 5: Energy

"Energy of the gods, adrenalin surge
Won't stop 'til I hit the ground, I'm on my way for sure
Up here in the air, this will never hurt"
- High Speed Dirt, Megadeth

#Metahumans #Superheroes #TTRPG #TTRPGSolidarity #TTRPGRising #COH #CityOfHeroes