Top Posters In This Topic

• Ragitsu

• Certified

• tkdguy

• Clonus

YOUNG CAINE: "I loved him."

MASTER KAN: "He was my Master."

YOUNG CAINE: "How did you know where he was?"

MASTER KAN: "There could be only one place for him: His favorite path in the foothills. We found Master Sun’s body…in a comfortable position…his back resting against the boulder…staring down at our valley. His face glistened in the frost. But his lips were black…from the poison of the wild berries."

YOUNG CAINE: "Everyone loved him. Why did he take his own life? Yin and yang?"

MASTER KAN: "The 'yes' and the 'no.' In him, the 'no' conquered."

YOUNG CAINE: "But I sensed that he was in harmony."

MASTER KAN: "Perhaps he looked down into our valley…knowing that soon he would have to leave it. But instead of the beauty we observed…he saw ugliness."

YOUNG CAINE: "How is that possible?"

MASTER KAN: "He looked with his eyes…and we look with ours."

Many epigrams speak to the importance of light. The elves commonly say, “One who lights a candle awakens a small sun.” An old dwarf expression runs, “With a shovel I can dig a grave; give me a lantern too, and I’ll dig a home.” The ancient human proverb, “Seeing is believing,” can be matched in pragmatic wisdom only by the orcish saying, “Kill anything you see.” Clearly, even many of the foulest races seek some illumination.

MOORS

The moors of the Moonshaes make up a great bulk of the land surface. These areas are grassy and either flat or gently rolling. They make the most appropriate grazing land on the islands, often used as pasture land for sheep or occasionally cattle. The moors may contain pockets of swampy or marshy land, but most of their surface is relatively dry and well drained. Many areas of moors are dotted with small lakes and ponds that contain edible fish. This land is generally among the most pleasant and hospitable of the isles, except during winter. Then the lack of cover on the moors enables the biting wind to sweep unimpeded across it, striking with chilling force anything standing in its way.

Random Moor Encounters

1 2d10 Humans

2 1d8 Halflings

3 Irish Deer

4 Stag, Giant

5 1d4 Boars, Giant

6 2d20 Wolves

7 2d4x10 Bandits

8 1d100 Ravens

9 Brown Bear, Giant

10 Werewolf

11 1d4 Trolls