Kingdom character sheets

knightwriter

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Kingdom character sheets

Okay, I've spent some time buiding a small barony, using the information in chapter eight of the Ultimate Base book. If anyone has experience with this and could critique this, that would be great. Please bare in mind that I'm new to this game system.

Generic Barony

Strenght: 50, cost 50 (Foot soldier 30/Mounted Calvary 20)

Con: 10, cost 20 (village 2, Baron's castle 5, village 1, village 1, village 1)

Size: 6, cost 6

Ego: 5, cost 5

Defense: 2, cost 20

speed:

Espd: 12, cost 0

Mspd: 12, cost 0

Pspd: 12, cost 0 (These three equate to 1 action per month)

Rec: 10, cost 30 (Agriculture: Wheat 2, apples 4/ Trade: Lumber 6)

Endurance: 20, cost 20

Total points: 151 points

Skills:

Commerce (Trade): 14-, cost 9

Diplomacy: 14-, cost 9

Total points: 18

Grand total points: 169

*This isn't a large Barony and is only a part of a larger kingdom.

I've found these rules to be a great way to develop large scale adventures and scenarios. The ability to infiltrate kingdoms with more than just an army is great. I have a whole campaign world mapped out that I'm working on. The Barony that I created is only one little piece of one kingdom on the map.

I would be happy to let you all know how things progress as the various territories and kingdoms vie with each other over land and resources.

The Kingdom Rules turn Bodies Of Organizations (Kingdoms, Star Empires, Gangs, Cities, Countries, etc) into Characters themselves and they interact on a large scale - large time line level.

If I ever find my playtest notes again I'll see about posting the characters we created for our test game. I brought them down to a very small scale and tested Street Gangs Of Hudson City as "kingdoms." It worked very well.

The Kingdom Rules turn Bodies Of Organizations (Kingdoms, Star Empires, Gangs, Cities, Countries, etc) into Characters themselves and they interact on a large scale - large time line level.

If I ever find my playtest notes again I'll see about posting the characters we created for our test game. I brought them down to a very small scale and tested Street Gangs Of Hudson City as "kingdoms." It worked very well.

Be interested in hearing how the game went, too.

Do the rules provide any kind of advice on scaling? Can a smaller-scale organization interact with a larger-scale one?

Also, is there any way for PCs to interact with the kingdom rules, or are kingdoms treated as self-contained characters?

Do the rules provide any kind of advice on scaling? Can a smaller-scale organization interact with a larger-scale one?

Also, is there any way for PCs to interact with the kingdom rules, or are kingdoms treated as self-contained characters?

Aside from Narf's accurate "Yes" answers... the last part is tricky.

First, Kingdoms tend to interact on a much larger time scale. A Kingdom Turn can be anywhere from a day to a year long. Depending on how you have Kingdoms interact. A single action/maneuver at a Kingdom Scale would (and could) constitute entire adventure plots at the PC scale.

That said, there are ways for the two to interact, but it does require jumping back and forth between the two scales, you have to keep very careful track of things.

As for the first two: Kingdoms have an actual Size Characteristic, for scaling purposes. Any size Organization, as long as it can bring at least some of the Characteristics of a Kingdom to the board, can interact with any other size Organization. You could treat both the Mafia and Local Government as two Kingdoms if you really wanted, for example.

As for the first two: Kingdoms have an actual Size Characteristic' date=' for scaling purposes. Any size Organization, as long as it can bring at least some of the Characteristics of a Kingdom to the board, can interact with any other size Organization. You could treat both the Mafia and Local Government as two Kingdoms if you really wanted, for example.[/quote']

Huh. I may have to check the rules out at some point. For some reason it doesn't appeal to me very much in a fantasy context, but it sounds like it could be an intriguing possibility for something like battling mega-corporations, governments, and organizations in a Cyberpunk/Shadowrun type setting.

Huh. I may have to check the rules out at some point. For some reason it doesn't appeal to me very much in a fantasy context' date=' but it sounds like it could be an intriguing possibility for something like battling mega-corporations, governments, and organizations in a Cyberpunk/Shadowrun type setting.[/quote']

This is a great idea. I think it would work well with the given rules and would be a really neat idea to pull off. Keep up informed if you do anything with that!

• 2 weeks later...

First, Kingdoms tend to interact on a much larger time scale. A Kingdom Turn can be anywhere from a day to a year long. Depending on how you have Kingdoms interact. A single action/maneuver at a Kingdom Scale would (and could) constitute entire adventure plots at the PC scale.

That said, there are ways for the two to interact, but it does require jumping back and forth between the two scales, you have to keep very careful track of things.

As for the first two: Kingdoms have an actual Size Characteristic, for scaling purposes. Any size Organization, as long as it can bring at least some of the Characteristics of a Kingdom to the board, can interact with any other size Organization. You could treat both the Mafia and Local Government as two Kingdoms if you really wanted, for example.

Wow, that's considerably better thought out than I had expected. I'm going to have to snag a copy of the book once I've got the two core books.

In answer to the original question: I myself have never created any Kingdom character sheets. I thought about it, but the truth is that the Kingdoms in two different campaigns/settings could have such significant differences -- in the way the GM wants them to define their Militaries, for example -- that I figured anything along those lines would ultimately be unworkable for a lot of people and thus sort of self-defeating. If I ever had the chance to explore the concept further (I'd love to, but I don't think it would merit the effort), in theory that would include coming up with 3-6 Kingdom character sheets for common "types" or "categories" of Kingdoms and hoping to cover 90-odd percent of the need that way.

Ok, so from Steve's lips, Kingdoms character sheets not going to be supported.

So, I propose we few, we happy few, create a thread and ask for someone to create a template for HD for Kingdoms characters. We see what some one would charge for theTemplate and then divvy up the cost between us.

Possible or just loopy?

Ok, so from Steve's lips, Kingdoms character sheets not going to be supported.

So, I propose we few, we happy few, create a thread and ask for someone to create a template for HD for Kingdoms characters. We see what some one would charge for theTemplate and then divvy up the cost between us.

Possible or just loopy?[/quote

Possible, although I don't think they could be sold without permission from Hero Games. OTOH, some people might make them for free.]