Cause vomit power...

pranachanvve

Hey all,

This is going to sound kind of odd. I want one of my villains to have the ability to make another character vomit, enough that it will serious impede their ability to act next term.

I am kind of new to the rules so I am sorry if I am to newbish...

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,

Pranachanvve...

Re: Cause vomit power...

If you just want the victim to be helplessly retching for a PHA or two, Roy's idea of the Entangle based on CON instead of STR is excellent. You would have to add Takes no damage from Attacks (+1), Cannot be escaped with Teleportation (+¼), and vs. CON not STR (+0 or +¼ depending on whether you see this as an advantage or not). Note that for the +1 level of Takes no damage from Attacks you are supposed to define a reasonable way to remove the Entangle, which would probably depend on the sfx of the power.

I would go with a CON based Mind Control, as BobGreenwade suggested. The problem with an entangle is the mechanics: there will be some way for someone to shoot the entangle and stop the vomiting: entangle does not take damege does not actually mean that you can not do damage to the entangle if you aim aarefully enough. That does not make much sense.

SPD drain can work but may not actually mean you missing your next phase.

Arguably draining INT, DEX, OCV and DCV might look about right. As with all things Hero you have to reason from effects - what effects do you want? Vomiting is one of those experiences that everyone will have a different opinion on. I've been in a DnD game where a very drunk half orc used vomit as a weapon in a bar room brawl: pull someone in close and blow chunks in their face and they are going to have other things on their mind than hitting you with that stool.

Another option is a NND (vs not being able to vomit or the equivalent), partially limited with Only To Stun. So for example 2d6 NND + 6d6 NND, Only to Stun. So it does fairly little longer-term STUN damage, but is very likely to make you lose a phase while you lose your lunch.

Hey!

Thanks for the great suggestions. I think Drain INT, DEX, OCV and DCV will work just fine for what I want to achieve. a friend of mine was pushing Entangle but I was also having trouble with conceptualising such a thing within the rule set.

Much appreciated. My vomit villain will be a success.

Pranachanvve.

Nobody recommended a Presence Attack?

+45 PRE (Only to cause Violent Illness -1)

PRE attacks can cause the target(s) to lose actions, have penalties, do as the attacker says, etc. They are also quite nasty because there is little defense against them beyond high EGO / PRE.

Just one possibility and certainly more applicable to "So scared you puke" than to "I use magic to churn their stomach."

Another option is a NND (vs not being able to vomit or the equivalent)' date=' partially limited with Only To Stun. So for example 2d6 NND + 6d6 NND, Only to Stun. So it does fairly little longer-term STUN damage, but is very likely to make you lose a phase while you lose your lunch.[/quote']

I used that precise build - even down to the numbers - to simulate a power which allowed the NPC to induce orgasms in whoever he looked at.

Good times!

Nobody recommended a Presence Attack?

+45 PRE (Only to cause Violent Illness -1)

PRE attacks can cause the target(s) to lose actions, have penalties, do as the attacker says, etc. They are also quite nasty because there is little defense against them beyond high EGO / PRE.

Just one possibility and certainly more applicable to "So scared you puke" than to "I use magic to churn their stomach."

Interesting idea, and one I had not considered - for the right sfx that could be just what the doctor ordered, so to speak.

in Surbrook's Throwing-A-Bottle-of-Puke

I proposed using Mental Paralysis (Entangle vs DMCV uses Ego to break entangle) to simulate how people would probably react to that. (1def 2d6) should take care of most people while they try to gain control of their stomachs and not add to the mess. A strong willed person (EGO 15 or higher) would be able to break right out of it. If you DO go with this option be careful since most PCs tend to have 10 EGO, so you can quickly make an entangle that the PC's can never get out of. I guess you could create the Mental paralysis as no def and all body.

I would go with a CON based Mind Control, as BobGreenwade suggested. The problem with an entangle is the mechanics: there will be some way for someone to shoot the entangle and stop the vomiting: entangle does not take damege does not actually mean that you can not do damage to the entangle if you aim aarefully enough. That does not make much sense.

You are right that a nausea power can't be targeted; that is why you have to apply the +1 Advantage Takes No Damage From Attacks (one of the nice additions to 6e). Now the Entangle can only be escaped with CON (or application of anti-nausea medicine or some similar antidote), which is exactly what you want. The Mind Control vs. CON is another good option, but Mind Control is a bit more subjective so I prefer the CON Entangle myself.

Here's a power I made a while back:

8d6 EB (does no body -1/2), (STUN is only applied for purposes of making target vomit (-3/4).

Basically the attack does no real damage to the target. It's only effect is that if the STUN exceeds the target's CON then the target is retching (ie stunned) for a phase.

You could also do Dispel CON (sfx vomiting). Since Dispel only lasts til the power is turned back on then after 1 phase of vomiting the CON is back "on" and they are feeling better.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay guys, another really stupid question... here goes...

When you say, based on Con (Constitution) what do you exactly mean? When it was suggested I thought to myself "sure, not a problem, I will just have a read of that section and I am sure there is an adder or advantage that said base Mind Control on this characteristic." Though it may be possible that I completely missed that section, I can find exactly what your suggestion means in the rules. Can someone point me towards a page number in H6E? or give this noob a bit of a run down? :confused:

Thank again for your help...

Pranachanvve

Okay guys, another really stupid question... here goes...

When you say, based on Con (Constitution) what do you exactly mean? When it was suggested I thought to myself "sure, not a problem, I will just have a read of that section and I am sure there is an adder or advantage that said base Mind Control on this characteristic." Though it may be possible that I completely missed that section, I can find exactly what your suggestion means in the rules. Can someone point me towards a page number in H6E? or give this noob a bit of a run down? :confused:

Thank again for your help...

Pranachanvve

6E1 153 (second column). :)