Black Falcon 3.5

Pizza Man

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Black Falcon 3.5

You know it's okay to love your characters' date=' just don't [b']love[/b] your characters :D

There are nice women out there. Some of them are even willing to carry fake wings for you.;)

It may require seom wealth (in form of Money or shoes) and a good bribery or charm roll, but they are out there.

But seriously: Making your characters part of such fanatsys ususally makes them impossible to play afterwards. And seeing too much of an character may make them ... less interresting.

So I am actually happy that I can't see the non PG-13 version.

Chris, Chris, Chris...Every party needs a pooper.

Look, all the other pictures in my gallery are serious. if I want to get silly its OK. BF is just relaxing with a beer.

Are you against a poor gal relaxing with a beer? This isn't hardcore. its just for fun.

BF started out in City of Heroes, then was reborn in DCUO, and now in Hero system. I've been commissioning Falcon art for a long time. Collecting art is my Hobby. My wife even likes this picture!

Please. Pscho analyze someone else. or get a sense of humor.

Some people's kids. (shakes head)

My wife even likes this picture!

Wich one, the PG-13 or the non PG-13? And how much of this is really liking and just acepting? It's damn hard to read women right even when they don't lie actively, I wouldn't asume I have the ability to get the real truth when she doesn't wants it to be revealed.

Also: I am just speaking from experience. But it is the Right of the Youth to ignore the wisdom of the elders.;)

Wich one, the PG-13 or the non PG-13? And how much of this is really liking and just acepting? It's damn hard to read women right even when they don't lie actively, I wouldn't asume I have the ability to get the real truth when she doesn't wants it to be revealed.

Also: I am just speaking from experience. But it is the Right of the Youth to ignore the wisdom of the elders.;)

Please. Pscho analyze someone else. or get a sense of humor.

Christopher take a hint right now. DO NOT psycho analyze my wife. Its one thing to disagree, its another thing to put motives and words in the mouths of people you don't know.

--your input is not welcome on this subject. Back off now.

OK, he is the latest approved sketch for my collection. A good standard heroic pose.

This will be inked and colored and should come out great!

(for those of you who never commissioned art, you will typically receive a preliminary sketch for approval, sometimes several to choose from. at this point you would pay in full and the artist completes the job)

sketchp.jpg

Christopher take a hint right now. DO NOT psycho analyze my wife. Its one thing to disagree, its another thing to put motives and words in the mouths of people you don't know.

--your input is not welcome on this subject. Back off now.

I don't know. I was thinking your wife appreciates Black Falcon and her look because it is based on her ;)

OK, here is the latest BF write up. It still needs to be tweeked, but its my first Hero Designer File.

One correction, She is 5'2" 115 pounds, brown hair and blue eyes

Other than that I replaced her 4D6 area effect Body drain with Desolidification. Felt more like a Darkness thing.[ATTACH=CONFIG]38537[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38537[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...

Background/History

Natasha Faraday always wanted to be an archeologist like in the movies. A prize student at the university, she won a chance to go to an important Greek dig site. Wandering away from the site, she stumbled into (or rather fell through the roof of) an ancient tomb. He leg was broken and she was too weak to call for help. She built a fire and looked around. A sarcophagus was against one wall, and a golden necklace hung against the other. She crawled to the necklace and touched it, unleashing a hideous magical curse.

Unfortunately, the minds of men, mages, and mice cannot plan for everything. Natasha was a mutant. She had the “survivor gene.” Faced with a sudden lethal condition or environment, her latent mutation would react and adapt instantly (surviving where lesser mortals would die). And such was the case with Natasha.

The shadow magic that was intended to transform her into a winged undead monster, instead flowed into her body and allowed the girl to transform at will into the hero we know today as Black Falcon. Her mutation absorbed and channeled the shadow curse so the is master (not the slave) of the vast destructive energies. The poor girl detects as a mutant and shines like neon to any magic detection spell. The dark energy is magic, the immunity to it, and ability to harness the darkness is a mutation.

Smoke from her fire alerted the authorities, and she was rescued. The necklace (no longer enchanted) hangs in a Greek museum. Flown back to the states, Natasha became something of a celebrity, and sold more than a few interviews. Investing in a trendy bar, she now has disposable income and a lot of free time.

To the disappointment of the history department, she changed her major to criminal science and is pursuing a new career. Today she lives in the campaign city, and rumors of a beautiful winged woman fill the papers.

Personality/Motivation

Black Falcon is NOT the grim determined crime fighter. She is in the biz strictly for the kicks. She loves to fly, loves the mess she makes, and loves the furious rush of combat. She’s bubbly, always laughing at something, and is a secret book worm.

She believes she is a magical hero, and has no idea she is a mutant. When the giant robots target her she will be surprised. Once she figures out she is a mutant, Natasha will use her secret ID speaking skills to lobby for mutant rights.

“All I need to do, is touch you.”

Powers/Tactics

Black Falcon can destroy non-living matter with a touch. Living organic beings are not hurt, but fall unconscious with a mere touch. Sentient robots and the like are dead meat (figuratively speaking).

Falcon is still new to the game, but prefers to open a fight with a foe caught in her entangle (that takes no damage from attacks). But in any case, she is a born scrapper; she likes to get up close and personal.

Her steel gauntlets are from her first adventure. Some mad scientist hard wired a bunch of corpses into a zombie army. Not only did they smell bad, but when BF hit them, they squished. As Falcon would say, “Barf ’O Rama!” She wears steel gauntlets to this very day.

At this start time she is 22 years old, makes $100k a year, and is sitting on top of life. What could go wrong?

Campaign Use

Back in Greece, the necklace has been stolen. It made its way to a museum where a local DEMON agent recognized it. Disapointed that the magic was used up, they are none the less interested in Black Falcon. Divinations reveal that she somehow STOLE the magic. Demon would love to access the ability to create winged undead things, but are unsure if they can take the magic back from the girl. This merits more study

Back in the states, Black Falcon was assisting the police with a delivery of Viper thugs. Agents from IHA and DEMON had a chance meeting. Each group was scanning the hero. Instead of starting a fight next to the police and a super, they did an amazing thing…they talked. Both were coming up with different results. IHA scanners indicated BF was a Mutant. The DEMON wands were pointing to the strongest source of magic in the area: Black Falcon. How could she be both?

About the bit where both DEMON and the IHA decide to have a confab instead of

duking it out with both the authorities and a superhero: if I was a character like

Black Falcon, and two groups that were after me for their own reasons suddenly

decided to talk -- obviously about yours truly -- well, I don't know about you,

but I would find that unexpected development worrying as hell.

Major Tom 2009 :fear:

About the bit where both DEMON and the IHA decide to have a confab instead of

duking it out with both the authorities and a superhero: if I was a character like

Black Falcon, and two groups that were after me for their own reasons suddenly

decided to talk -- obviously about yours truly -- well, I don't know about you,

but I would find that unexpected development worrying as hell.

Major Tom 2009 :fear:

I start with the assumption that GMs are inventive and evil...they will make complications something to be feared.

Hunteds to me are summoned experience points I can share with (inflict upon) my fellow PCs. I certainly will help them with their Hunteds.

But with BF both being mutant AND magical in nature, I couldn't think of any better combination.

And you just know a magically augmented (maybe even possessed) Minute Man Robot is somewhere in BF's future.

And my fellow players may start to get concerned when lower planar creatures start showing up with mutant detectors and power draining devices...

Believe me! I have worked with EVIL GMs! I have learned to fear when the GM smiles and says, "Hey Pizza Man. Roll a D20...'

I'd already posted this one over at the DC-type Heromachine thread, but I thought

that it'd only be fair if I put it here as well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38723[/ATTACH]

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

Have some Rep and thank you very, very much!

• 1 month later...