Mister Vimes' Drug Lab II: Electric Bugaloo

MisterVimes

Are your agents having trouble with Supers foiling your well laid plans? Can your street thugs no longer compete? Are you saving: Yeah, your Combat Drugs gave us the edge, but what about slowing down the freaks in long underwear?

Fear not, the Drug Labs of Mr. Vimes (Criminal Mastermind) are at your service. Thanks to Dimethyl Sulfoxide (DMSO) our drugs can reach out and touch someone. This chemical (a commercial solvent since 1953) also eases pain and inflamation... but the really nice side effect is that any chemical agent mixed with DMSO passes through the skin and directly into the blood-stream. This means faster effect times and the greater chance of affecting your target. Their armor and clothes actually help the process by holding the cocktail against the skin to speed absorption. So... without further ado, we present our spring line of offensive chemicals (including a new super-solvent that will rid you of any armored impediments).

Cost Equipment END
Mr. Vimes' Drug-Lab II: Electric Bugaloo, all slots: OAF (chemical spray) (-1)
9 1) Comfortably Numb: Flash 10d6 (Touch Group) (30 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), Limited Power (Characters with LS: Immune to Toxins are immune to the Drug; -1/4)
15 2) Fearoin: Drain 5d6: PRE (50 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), Limited Power (Characters with LS: Immune to Toxins are immune to the Drug; -1/4)
14 3) Halucinol: Mental Illusions 5d6, Invisible Power Effects (Fully Invisible; +1) (50 Active Points); 2 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1), Does Not Provide Mental Awareness (-1/4), Limited Power (Characters with LS: Immune to Toxins are immune to the Drug; -1/4)
9 4) Molecular Debonder: Dispel 10d6: Armor (Metals, Ceramics and Plastics) (30 Active Points); 2 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1), Limited Power (Does not affect armor not composed of Metals, Ceramics or Plastic; -1/4)
10 5) Pixie Dust: Change Environment (Causes Confusion) 8" radius (-5 to Characteristic Roll or Skill Roll), Personal Immunity (+1/4) (40 Active Points); 2 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1), No Range (-1/2), Explosion (-1/4), Limited Power (Characters with LS: Immune to Toxins are immune to the Drug; -1/4)
12 6) Slow-vacaine: Drain 4d6: SPD (40 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), Limited Power (Characters with LS: Immune to Toxins are immune to the Drug; -1/4)
Equipment costs shown above are for reference only, and are not included in Total Cost.

Total Character Cost: 0

Note: DMSO is a real chemical agent and should resolve any gripes by players of a 'literal' mindset

As always, the HD prefab is attached.

Originally posted by Monolith

Those are some nice additions to the lab! Keep it up and we will have a whole pharmaceutical branch going here. Of course now that I think about it, you should have just saved all this and written it up in a Digital Hero article.

That's a really good idea.

Hmmm... I have some other ones lurking in my brain. Maybe I'll do that.

Here's another little freebie (the first one's always free).

Cost Equipment END
Mr. Vimes' Solvents, Glues and Modern-day Alchemy, all slots: OAF (Chemical Agents) (-1)
9 1) Molecular Debonder: Dispel 10d6: Armor (Metals, Ceramics and Plastics) (30 Active Points); 2 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1), Limited Power (Does not affect armor not composed of Metals, Ceramics or Plastic; -1/4) [Notes: This reagent just loves Metals, ceramics and plastics. Toss (or spray) it on the armored subject and watch them scatter.]
6 2) Mr. Potato Head: Shapeshift (Sight Group; Additional Sense Group: Hearing Group), 2 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Hour each (+0) (13 Active Points); Limited Effect (-1/4) [Notes: This nerve agent was originally intended to stun the enemy but the batch proved too weak. Now it's the greatest getaway tool around. One shot loosens muscle control in the face an vocal chords making you look years older.]
15 3) Phantom of the Opera: Drain 2d6: COM, Custom Modifier (+1 1/2) (50 Active Points); 4 Charges (-1), Limited Power (Characters with LS: Immune to Toxins are immune to the Drug; -1/4) [Notes: This splash of non-reactive acid is enough to foul anyone's secret identity.Recovers 5 AP/6 Hours]
12 4) Safe-T Acid: Tunneling 1" through 14 DEF material (44 Active Points); 2 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1), Limited Medium (Limited; -1/2) [Notes: Use new Safe-T Acid to cut through the densest of materials. Works on Metals, Ceramics and Plastics, but doesn't harm human skin! Safe Cracking is a breeze with Safe-T Acid.]
22 5) Sand Castle: Force Wall (10 PD / 10 ED / 5 Flash Defense: Sight Group) (Opaque: Sight Group) (65 Active Points); 2 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1) [Notes: This bacterial wall building organism is based on a gene-splice of coral and yeast with a special growth accelerant. Need a quick bit of cover? Just plop down your Sand Castle and blast away from the safety of cover.]
13 6) Stick Around: Drain 2d6: Running/Flight that must touch surface, Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2), Sticky (Standard; +1/2) (40 Active Points); 2 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (-1) [Notes: This tacky glue was an obvious out growth of the Post-it note. Spread this sticky sustance to the ground and have your enemies stick around.]
Equipment costs shown above are for reference only, and are not included in Total Cost.

As always, HD file is attached.

Originally posted by MisterVimes

What an AWESOME name... so... write it up and add it to the Drug lab

I'm working on the write-up right now: I figure I'll use a 4D6 Major Transformation (Person into Person with amnesia, heals back 5pts/daily), NND (LS: Immune to Toxins, +1/2), Works vs. EGO not BODY (+1/4), Continuous (+1), 4 Continuing Charges last 5 minutes each (+0), OIF (-1/2)

Originally posted by Cybernaut

I'm working on the write-up right now: I figure I'll use a 4D6 Major Transformation (Person into Person with amnesia, heals back 5pts/daily), NND (LS: Immune to Toxins, +1/2), Works vs. EGO not BODY (+1/4), Continuous (+1), 4 Continuing Charges last 5 minutes each (+0), OIF (-1/2)

Nice

Nice Idea

I like the idea of these drugs.

OBTW: On another board I frequent with the same login name Electric Boogaloo has come up as well in the context of sequels.

I am also old enough to know where it comes from but have never seen Mystery Science Theatre. I have seen a spoof web version on the Web where it took the Mickey out of Jack Chick's anti DnD tract. Very funny.

Oh and Vimes ? Ever met Terry Pratchett ? I have and got signed books. If I hear of a signing and you want a signed book let me know.

Also Izzardite ? Eddie Izzard ?

Re: Nice Idea

Originally posted by death tribble

Oh and Vimes ? Ever met Terry Pratchett ? I have and got signed books. If I hear of a signing and you want a signed book let me know.

Also Izzardite ? Eddie Izzard ?

Nope, I've never met Pterry. I live in Georgia and I don't think he makes it down here very often.

Eddie Izzard indeed... well spotted.

Re: Pratchett

He's a nice affable guy. Even signs more than his name if asked.

Got him to sign one of the books 'What You again ?' and he added 'Why don't you go and bother Douglas Adams instead ?'

Eddie is an acquired taste for some.

That's very cool, it's nice to hear those sorts of things about people you like. I'll tell you a quick WAY off topic thing.

About 8 Years ago I went to Dragon*Con and I was walking past the Rows of Publishers and stuck dead in the middle between DC Comics and Image Comics was a short table for MAD magazine. Sitting behind the table was an old man. I looked down and his tag said: "Duck Edwing".

For those who don't know him, Duck is the creator of Spy vs Spy (he's written them all, though didn't draw them), he created and drew most of the MAD superhero parodies.

Duck looked really lonely and I stopped our group and kneeled down and talked to Duck. He was bored and really surprised that anyone knew him. He and I went outside for a Smoke and we talked about the history of MAD and about EC comics and about Dr. Werthan and 'Seduction of the Innocent' and his life in comics.

The next day I brought my entire Spy vs SPy collection of paperbacks, a copy of Duck's "Almost Superheroes" paperback and the latest Issue of MAD (which had his 'Avenging Oar' story in it.

Inside the cover of each of those books he drew a full cartoon, next to Avenging OAr he Drew a Picture of the Hero and signed: "My first Avenging Oar Autograph" and inside the 'Almost Superheroes', he drew a picture of MADman and signed it: "To Brian, the Greatest Almost Superhero of them all"

When the con was done he grabbed me and thanked me for making the Convention worthwhile.

It's THOSE kinds of people that make these hobies special.

Re: Nice Idea

OBTW: On another board I frequent with the same login name Electric Boogaloo has come up as well in the context of sequels.

I am also old enough to know where it comes from but have never seen Mystery Science Theatre. I have seen a spoof web version on the Web where it took the Mickey out of Jack Chick's anti DnD tract. Very funny.

Heh. It's definitely a generational thing. My gaming group is full of mid-30's. We had one new kid who is either 19 or 20. During the pre-game silliness that sometimes occurs, we were ripping on this and that. I was teasing the kid that I was going to wait until his character, Covert, wasn't looking and then I was going to knock him out and strip him of all his cybernatic parts. He retorted that he'd just make Covert 2. So, I shot back, "Ah, Covert 2, the Electric Bugaloo". Everybody had a nice chuckle, except for Covert's poor player who sat there confused.

Definitely generational and I am subject to fits of laughter everytime I see some of these kids these days breakdancing. It was incredibly ridiculous in the 80's and more so now. Could this new fad mean that DC will see fit to bring about a new breakdancing super? Vibe II: Electric Bugaboo?

The name of this one just called out to me. The focus is a pack of Cigarettes... this should be really annoying to your PC's...

Cost Equipment END
20 Brick-otine: Density Increase (1600 kg mass, +20 STR, +4 PD/ED, -4" KB), 16 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Turn each (+1/2) (30 Active Points); IAF (Pack of Cigarettes) (-1/2) (added to Secondary Value)