Cryostasis

Tasha

Re: Cryostasis

Don't forget to link some kind of STUN drain to the off switch. "Hey Hicks! Man' date=' you look just like I feel."[/quote']

I am thinking that it's a combo of Con, Body, and probably Stun and End drain. The Body being taken as wounds, the others coming back as you eat the specially fortified meals designed to replenish what Cryo takes out of you. The BODY being drained due to the unusually long cryosleep (not long term for Alien-verse, but excessively long for Traveller Universe)

We're talking SF here, not fantasy comics, but the same principle applies:

Dead catgirls all over the place....

catgirls.gif

I usually place large-print warning labels on any material I produce that isn't catgirl-friendly. The Terracide project bumped off a zillion of 'em....

So it kill catgirls to apply science to science fiction? That's just silly.

Not really. The degree of 'real science' content in different works of SF varies from one extreme to the other. If a given work (let's say Star Wars ep IV) isn't intended for scientific accuracy, then applying a rigorous analysis of the 'science' in it (or lack thereof) will not be catgirl-friendly. Hard-SF, on the other hand, should stand up to such scrutiny and be 'catgirl-safe.'

Yeah, what I haven't told you yet is that all of the people who died in Cryo are all Cat Girls. (/Joke) NO really all of the cat girls survived... :P

Not really. The degree of 'real science' content in different works of SF varies from one extreme to the other. If a given work (let's say Star Wars ep IV) isn't intended for scientific accuracy' date=' then applying a rigorous analysis of the 'science' in it (or lack thereof) will not be catgirl-friendly. Hard-SF, on the other hand, [i']should[/i] stand up to such scrutiny and be 'catgirl-safe.'

Star Wars isn't science fiction. It's fantasy with some science fiction trappings. I recognized that when I saw it at age 10. So, it doesn't really count.

Yeah' date=' what I haven't told you yet is that all of the people who died in Cryo are all Cat Girls. (/Joke) NO really all of the cat girls survived... :P[/quote']

Whew! That's a relief! :winkgrin:

Star Wars isn't science fiction. It's fantasy with some science fiction trappings. I recognized that when I saw it at age 10. So' date=' it doesn't really count.[/quote']

If you say so.

Edited to add:

In this thread Ranxerox refers to Star Wars as 'space opera' which is a sub-genre as SF, so apparently he's changed his mind since he was 10 years old.

Space opera is pretty but not many space opera intellectual properties can claim universal name recognition even amongst geeks. I could see Star Trek' date=' Star Wars and Dr. Who getting picked clean over PDQ.[/quote']

If you say so.

Edited to add:

In this thread Ranxerox refers to Star Wars as 'space opera' which is a sub-genre as SF, so apparently he's changed his mind since he was 10 years old.

Notice that I also included Dr. Who which is well known for scientific rigor. :P

IMHO most space opera is actually fantasy instead of science fiction. There is no rule saying that Space Opera can't use good science. I recently finished reading Pushing Ice by Alastair Reynolds and if it is not 100% catgirl safe at least it is not catgirl hostile. However the bulk of space opera on the market is written with so little regard for science as to not warrant the term science fiction. Yes, I am one of those sci-fi readers.

I was thinking EDM into the future with the "leaves body behind" limitation from Desolidification. That way you travel into the future, but your vulnerable body is left in place while you travel, this body can be woken up or killed before the end of the trip by external forces.

I am thinking that it's a combo of Con' date=' Body, and probably Stun and End drain. The Body being taken as wounds, the others coming back as you eat the specially fortified meals designed to replenish what Cryo takes out of you. The BODY being drained due to the unusually long cryosleep (not long term for Alien-verse, but excessively long for Traveller Universe)[/quote']

Rec is a good option for a Side Effect Drain as well. Till you've got your system back up to speed, you take a long time to recover from wounds, get winded quickly and are a pushover.

Not far off malnutrition symptoms, which seem about right