Armor from x-men type of brick.

KerryJ

So its a brick with a resistant protection forcefield which is the source of all her powers (super strength, con etc). My biggest thing is I originally had all the powers 'linked' to the force field, but now cannot decide if it would be better to make them all 'unified' instead.

Also if I take Str linked to the forcefield, do I need to take the 'Linked power need not be used proportionately' in order to use pull a punch or use less strength.

Re: Armor from x-men type of brick.

Rebuilding a character from a movie, game or comic is always tough.

The best thing to do would be to take a look what game effects you want to archive, where you want her to be good - and where to put limitations and where to put the Kryptonite.

Unified vs. Linked:

Unified means same source of powers and posibilly a common weakness (thats what the Limitations text sugest). From what I heard Multipower w/ Unified is mostly there to mimic Elemental Controlls and their drain-behavior from an earlier version (the classical common source, common weakness combination).

Or Multiform w/o Unified ist the advanced/generalised version of Elemental Controlls (since it implied to be only for elemetal powers).

When you have a lot of powers (especially a lot of different attacks) and don't want to use all of them at once, use multipower.

When there is a hell of a lot of possible effects, consider a VPP "powers show in the comics".

Just take a look a hypermans "The Classic Justice League starting members" thread. Green Lantern was pre-destined for a VPP, but in the end he even had to give Supermann one. Since there were just too many powers shown in all the interpretations.

The more the Charakter was shown and there more versatile his powers are, the more the rebuild will need a vpp.

Perhaps one general thing about limitations (and Complications). There are like asking the gm, to exploit them. That doesn't mean every body knows of them, but coincidences take them from you: Your Power Armor-suitcase/Green Latern Ring gets stolen by someone unrelated the the adventure; For some reasons your enemy paints his bullets yellow; Your enemy wears a Kryptonite Stone in a pendant; You secret ID (Little 9 year old boy) gets abducted and gagged/k.o. during the transport - and then locked up in a Faraday cage.

Overall it would help if you could give us the character you are copying (link to wikipedia/name).

Someone who might have copied just the same x-men can be found here:

Hercentral

Look for Samandar; but TK seem to be similar, just with Telekinetik Forcefields; and both have unified on a Multipower, so this may be what you are looking for.

After looking again I think it is going to have to be linked. Mainly because my concept is that she has to have the forcefield up to use anything else. Has anyone an answer about the linked Strength?

You can just choose str and con outside of a unified power and save unified for the Multipower itself. After all, Charactersitics are just plain cheap and are misplaced in a multipower most of the time (perhaps the brick is the exception tho this, at least for str).

The two could still share the other Limitations ("not while affected by Kryptonite or Red Sun radiation"). That is actually something I plan for a Brick that I am making (and I'm still not certain if I want to put the STR in the Multipower or not).

Note that "Links" between Constant/Persistant and Instant Powers may not always count. (And a defense forcefield that only costs endurance to activate may be just such a chase).

Also, if you link instant to constant, you can either only use the instant while activating the constant (and not while it last), or have to reduce the limitation by 1/4 (6E1 385, just under the example).

Link is better suited to combine powers of equall duration and especially attack powers.

And Nexus is right about the STR, you can always choose to use less (using str casually is just such a chase), especially to conserve endurance or let your attack "fit" into a naked advantage for STR that you only bought for a part of your STR (i.e. only for 40, when you have 60 max).

For the concept though, I have to link. And I want it linked. The forcefield is everything. You take away the forcefield and the other powers are not there. Just a regular person. I know it means that things can be taken away easy but thats how I want it.

And if my GM is a jerk about it and constantly finds way to remove the field, so be it.

oh and here is the link to the character

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armor_(comics)

Rebuilding a character from a movie, game or comic is always tough.

The best thing to do would be to take a look what game effects you want to archive, where you want her to be good - and where to put limitations and where to put the Kryptonite.

Unified vs. Linked:

Unified means same source of powers and posibilly a common weakness (thats what the Limitations text sugest). From what I heard Multipower w/ Unified is mostly there to mimic Elemental Controlls and their drain-behavior from an earlier version (the classical common source, common weakness combination).

Or Multiform w/o Unified ist the advanced/generalised version of Elemental Controlls (since it implied to be only for elemetal powers).

When you have a lot of powers (especially a lot of different attacks) and don't want to use all of them at once, use multipower.

When there is a hell of a lot of possible effects, consider a VPP "powers show in the comics".

Just take a look a hypermans "The Classic Justice League starting members" thread. Green Lantern was pre-destined for a VPP, but in the end he even had to give Supermann one. Since there were just too many powers shown in all the interpretations.

The more the Charakter was shown and there more versatile his powers are, the more the rebuild will need a vpp.

The OP never mentioned anything about a Multipower and while many concepts for Multipowers could justify Unified, the Unified Limitation isn't really specifically tied to Multipowers in any way. Also, did you mean to say Multipower again when you said "Multiform"? 'Cause that's a completely different power.

Yes, I meant Multipower, no idea while I wrote it wrong.

Also, it's not that the gm is a jerk. You are asking him to make this a part of the game when you take the limitation and get points for that. "If you don’t want your character to be Limited this way, [...] don’t take it (the limitation) in the first place." - 6E1, 364

You could always make it a -0 Limitation. It's there, but it is flavor and the GM is not allowed to use it against your character.

Another way might be to use distinctive style (forcefield form), since it is hard to not notice her using her powers (but how to you limit distinctive style to OIHID?)

Personally I think this is a perfect example for a unified power too (you can unify and link them). Might want to add some power defense to that, so it won't break under 1d6 autofire drain.

Some ideas how I would try to generate the "can't be attacked, unless shield is broken or kryptonite is used" effect (if you want it):

- Desolidification, with "can't pass trough solid objects", with "Visible Light and Qestionite" as normal effect attack. Downside is, all attacks and powers may need "Affects Physiscal World +2) so it may be way to expensive.

- Under Barrier, Mobile advantages is written: "At the GM’s option, if a Barrier has Non-Anchored and Mobile, if formed around the character creating it, it moves with him as he moves." - 6E1 173, left column last sentence. So this may be even closer to that idea.

Also' date=' it's not that the gm is a jerk. You are [b']asking[/b] him to make this a part of the game when you take the limitation and get points for that. "If you don’t want your character to be Limited this way, [...] don’t take it (the limitation) in the first place." - 6E1, 364

It can be overdone, however. A -1/4 limitation should only come into play once every four or five game sessions, or represent a rather minor loss in power. If it's becoming an issue constantly, then either the GM should increase the limitation value, or ... he's being a jerk.

I was going to say that depends on how many powers that Lim is on, but that's not usually true. If the Lim effects multiple powers at once, then you don't really need to up the frequency since it cripples more powers, and if the Lim effects each power separately then it depends on how the Lim is triggered. If it's an OIF Multipower with a bunch of OAF slots then simply making an opponent a Disarm user would be enough to count as the Lim coming up in play for each power(except the pool itself), and things like Can Only Use One Aspect of this Power often come up naturally anyway and are usually just there to make the power work to concept.

So, to sum up, I agree with CrosshairCollie.

Thanks for all the input, you have given me much food for thought.

As for the GM being a jerk, that was somewhat tongue in cheek as I know he will exploit it but I really don't think he will over do it.

As was pointed out, I took that limitation so it CAN be exploited and fully expect to loose it at least a couple of times through the campaign. But then again, that is why I have team mates.

Personally I think this is a perfect example for a unified power too (you can unify and link them). Might want to add some power defense to that' date=' so it won't break under 1d6 autofire drain.[/quote']

Now, I never thought of that... That is an interesting idea.

As was pointed out' date=' I took that limitation so it CAN be exploited and fully expect to loose it at least a couple of times through the campaign. But then again, that is why I have team mates.[/quote']

That's true hero spirit. I do the same for my heros. After all, sometimes the abilites of hero might be in the way of a good story...

Now' date=' I never thought of that... That is an interesting idea.[/quote']

In the limitation text they even say: Only take it, when you can think of a way to affect them all at once. Like disrupting the circuits in a multi setting energy gun (Multipower), or hitting a flame power user with a fire Extinguisher (well, the drain Fire aspect of it at least).

For her, it would be anything that disrupts her "X-Gene improved brain part".

After taking a look at this character (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armor_%28comics%29) I think I may have used both Linked and Unified (unless they are mutually exclusive and I missed it). For example, IMHO it seems clear to me the character cannot access the Strength without the Force Field (STR Linked to FF, Greater power is Constant or in use most or all of the time) and I would additionally say that weakening one or the other would weaken them both as they are actually two aspects of the same ability (Unified for both).