Valdorian Age as Lost World setting

Steve

Re: Valdorian Age as Lost World setting

The trick would be where to locate it' date=' and how the PCs get there. Since it's supposed to be antediluvian Earth, time-travel would seem the most convenient mechanism.[/quote']

It could be a hollow Earth, or you could scale it down from continents to islands and stick it in the middle of the Pacific or in some geothermally warmed area of Antarctica...

It could work as a Hollow Earth location, but the cave would need to be more massive than I think most players could deal with and not strain their credulity.

I was thinking it could work as a type of "pocket universe" accessible through remote locations on Earth or long-lost gateways. It reminds me of the world of DC's Warlord.

Now that I think about it, it could be used as a "sword and planet" setting as well.

If you can track down a copy of the Campaign source book for Dangerous Journeys they have a map for their version of "Hollow Earth"(Epic of AErth I think) where the continents are shaped like the surface oceans and vise versa.

If you can track down a copy of the Campaign source book for Dangerous Journeys they have a map for there version of "Hollow Earth"(Epic of AErth I think) where the continents are shaped like the surface oceans and vise versa.

Epic of Aerth is worth having for many reasons. The hollow Earth part is just one of them.

But incidentally, Gygax swiped that concept of continents and oceans in the inner world correlating to oceans and continents on the outer world from Burroughs's Pellucidar.