Character Name From Old "Golden Age Of Champions" Supplement?

clsage

Not sure if anyone recalls the supplement in question (the Firebird Press original version of Golden Age Of Champions) but I am hoping that someone might and might also be able to recall both the secret ID name and the hero moniker for the character that was a watchmaker and fan of ornithology who built himself a winged armored suit.....I can pretty well recall many of the pertinent powers/abilities/etc (Gliding, Armor, etc) but some of the backstory is more.....foggy. And as my copy is currently 4,000 miles away and somewhat buried in storage.....Shrug.

Thanks.

-Carl-

Re: Character Name From Old "Golden Age Of Champions" Supplement?

Was it Knight-Owl? Francis Krill...I have the ICE version' date=' not sure it's the same character...but that would be my guess.[/quote']

That sounds about right....I wasn't certain that that character had made the transfer from the original version. Much thanks!

-Carl-

Knight Owl was never actually described or statted in Golden Age of Champions from Firebird Press, although his name might have been mentioned as an example character. He first appeared in the Hero Games/ICE update/expansion of that book for Fourth Edition, Golden Age Champions.

I just looked though the Firebird Limited GAoC. No Knight Owl that I could see. The only character that comes close is Bombardier Beetle who has mechanical beetle wings and a Sidekick named Buggy. No stats supplied. Really the only Hero that is even somewhat detailed in the book is Vanguard who is used as a running example in Character Gen.

Knight Owl appears in the 2nd edition of GAoC published by ICE. IN that book his secret ID is Francis Krill. Who runs a Clock shop named "Krills Klocks" which appears in the Character artwork.

Thanks all....

One of the perils of having my gaming collection 4,000 miles away is that sometimes my memory plays tricks. I was definitely thinking of Francis Krill and KnightOwl. I can picture the character artwork with him standing on the rooftop, etc.

Again, much thanks for the verifications/clarifications.

-Carl-

Thanks all....

One of the perils of having my gaming collection 4,000 miles away is that sometimes my memory plays tricks. I was definitely thinking of Francis Krill and KnightOwl. I can picture the character artwork with him standing on the rooftop, etc.

-Carl-

NP one of the many reasons that I keep that many old gaming books around :D

Thanks all....

-Carl-

I know exactly what you mean. So during my infrequent trips home I scan, scan, scan. Now I carry a lot of that stuff around on a memory stick.