Cyberkinetic Remote Control

The ability to control advanced machines including battlesuits and cyborg implants on another character remotely. I've built as a Mind Control human and machine class of minds with a Limitation that it can only affect Human minds in regards to the actions of any machines they're connected too.

For example, if the character (Livewire) used this power on an Iron Man clone she could control his movement, use of the suits weapon systems, etc but couldn't make Tony think she was his long sister or tell her the location of spare armors.

It is somewhat kludgy (came out to a short paragraph of Advantages and Limitations) so I was wondering if they're might be a more elegant way to do this.

Re: Cyberkinetic Remote Control

APG 70 has complete rules for "Cyberkinesis" Powers, as well as the Posession Power (wich can come in handy for remote controlling robots).

Edit: The question is how suceptible would the suite be to that? If it has no Computer with succebtibilty to Mind Class Mental Powers, there is nothing this power could do.

That's exactly the reason why I added the Human class of minds as a way to side step the issue of what happens when there is no "mind" to control (such as with most foci and cybernetics). As I said though, it feels "kludgy" and has some gaps that would have to be handwaved like what if the owner isn't wearing suit at the time. According to her sfx she should till be able to control it even animate it as much as it can function without a wearer. Some limited TK might be applicable but I'm not sure if itf that would allow Livewire to access the functions of what she's controlling.

Once it has no Mind to controll, Cyberkinesis is at it's limits.

It can't fire weapons, when the trigger is not somehow connected to the rest of the suite. No Central Command means there is no way to to this with Posession/MC, as there is nothing to Poses/Controll that could do this in the first place.

You can control the iMac next to the vault door, but when it has no connection to the door controll system this won't help you to open the door.

As long as there is a manual Trigger, you know where it is, you know how it works and can percieve it: TK with Fine Manipulation should work, the same way Pulling the Trigger of a Gun with it works. But for Trigger inside the armor that requires a special sense.

Once it has no Mind to controll, Cyberkinesis is at it's limits.

Cyberkinsis the Hero System Power but not cyberkinsis as in this character's ability and sfx, just to be clear.

As long as there is a manual Trigger, you know where it is, you know how it works and can percieve it: TK with Fine Manipulation should work, the same way Pulling the Trigger of a Gun with it works. But for Trigger inside the armor that requires a special sense.

That's pretty much what I thought. Unfortunately this requires a really complicated build for a fairly straight forward effect. And it would still have fringe cases like non manual "trigger". So I guess I'll just stick with what I have and handwave the edge cases. It works 9 out 10 times.

Cyberkinsis the Hero System Power but not cyberkinsis as in this character's ability and sfx' date=' just to be clear.[/quote']

Haven't read through it, but Cyberkinesis in the APG seems to be the discussion of the SFX/general Idea of Mental Powers affecting the Machine Class of Mind.

I am almost certain there was somewhere a way to "puppeteer" a character with TK, inlcuding rules to how attacks should be resolved while puppeteering. Have to look that up later, as it could fit even better.

I think it depends on how the cyberkinesis is supposed to work. If Magneto is operating a crane magnetically, that is really just TK with Fine Manipulation. If the Psychic Hacker controls the on-board computer to make it perform whatever functions he wants (within its normal operation), that is Mind Control. If the character can do either, then put the two powers in a Multipower.

The Advanced Players Guide gives some good guidelines on how to use cyberkinetic Mind Control and TK against various objects (including power armor) without disrupting game balance.

Right, now I see it too:

A Focus Virtual INT (for purposes of Cyberkinesis only) is it's Active Points/5 (counting it the same way as counting it for the ED/PD of a Focus). +50% or +5 (wichever is smaller) for Inacessible Foci.

Mental Defense can be bought at -2 for one Focus or -1 for all Foci.

Personal Foci should be Immune, or at leat have a strong bonus. When the armor is defined as OIAID it should perhaps also be impossible (as it is build so it can't be used by anyone else).

Overall I can only say you should get that book(APG) first, before you try such a character or limit him to what 6E1 and 6E2 say in the first place.

Right, now I see it too:

A Focus Virtual INT (for purposes of Cyberkinesis only) is it's Active Points/5 (counting it the same way as counting it for the ED/PD of a Focus). +50% or +5 (wichever is smaller) for Inacessible Foci.

I just use the Int of whoever built it or assumed a 8 (for common tech), a 10 for advanced tech and higher for more cutting edge stuff if I don't know or don't particularly care.

Personal Foci should be Immune, or at leat have a strong bonus. When the armor is defined as OIAID it should perhaps also be impossible (as it is build so it can't be used by anyone else).

I base it on SFX. Generally the Only in Hero ID stuff would get some sort of bonus. Personal Foci may or might not. It depends on how they are defined. A fingerprint ID lock might be by passable, a techno magical soul bond not so much.

The ability to control advanced machines including battlesuits and cyborg implants on another character remotely. I've built as a Mind Control human and machine class of minds with a Limitation that it can only affect Human minds in regards to the actions of any machines they're connected too.

For example, if the character (Livewire) used this power on an Iron Man clone she could control his movement, use of the suits weapon systems, etc but couldn't make Tony think she was his long sister or tell her the location of spare armors.

It is somewhat kludgy (came out to a short paragraph of Advantages and Limitations) so I was wondering if they're might be a more elegant way to do this.

Kazei 5 presumes all such gear has an internal processor. It's defined as a raw EGO stat with Mental Defense as your 'firewall' and then goes on from there. Software programs are used to 'attack' and 'defend' your cybernetics and the like. It might be worth a look.