Sniper

New Hero

Re: Sniper

The 2 point Level can only be used with the single thing it is initially defined to work with and nothing else.

The 10 point "Overall" level can be used for "X" on one phase and then for "Y" on another phase ad infinitum.

So if I buy a 2 pt Skill Level, I use it for one roll (say +1 to INT roll).

If I buy a 10 pt Skill Level, it's a +1 with all Skill rolls based on the same characteristic (in this case, INT).

Is that right?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I buy a 2 pt Skill Level, I use it for one roll (say +1 to INT roll).

If I buy a 10 pt Skill Level, it's a +1 with all Skill rolls based on the same characteristic (in this case, INT).

Is that right?

No.

If you buy the 2pt level, you define at the time what it's good for.

It could be +1 to INT rolls, +1 to Deduction, +1 to Stealth, but whatever you choose you write that down and that's the only thing the level is good for, ever.

If you buy the 10 pt level, you do not define it as being for anything specific.

In any given phase, it is good for ONE thing, but that one thing can be ANYTHNG.

When you're looking for a hidden door, you can have +1 to Perception. When you are trying to hit somene, it can be +1 to OCV. When you are being sneaky, it can be +1 to Stealth.

Now, for a 5 pt level you could get +1 to any one INT based Skill at a time. It's not tied to any one Skill, but you can only apply it to INT based Skills. Or it could be PRE based Skills, or some category you define like Sniper Skills (Stealth, Concealment, Sight Perception Rolls, Tactics, Weaponsmith (only to clear jams or do field maintenance) etc) It's like the 2 pt level in that you define what kind of thing it applies to when you buy it, but like the 10 pt level in that you can change the specific thing it applies to each phase.

Lucius Alexander

+10 w/ Palindromedary Skills

Well it looks like with a 60 active point limit you can not get a one shot kills all power.

Thats the thing with Hero is that it has to ballance out and to kill any NPC with one shot is a bit powerful!

With those limits you could have a 4D6 RKA and then separate linked skill bonuses for against range. Possibly with more skill bonuses for head shots (as most armour should be weaker on the head for most people).

With enough OCV and skill to hit your GM could rule that with enough time (extra phases looking at a target in the open that does not move so is unaware and on half DCV) you are more likely to hit and roll low enough and you can hit a target with a good shot equivilent to a crit and 24 body minus any head armour.

But this would be a powerful attack. Also most people have some sort of resistant armour on the head so is unlikely to kill with one shot.

So you will have to convince the GM to up the active limit for your one shot and possibly only make it a one shot in a game session power (1 charge).

But then as a GM I would not give any player a power that kills anything with one shot, as every player would want an equivilant power, so everyone would have one. Then to balance it all out all the NPC's must have one. Thats why active limits are put into campaigns to limit the one shot kills all situation.

You might consider the advantage Continuous on a head shot RKA. It could represent the shrapnel piercing various areas of the brain as it continues to expand in the skull.

Continous is bad for this (as you need to pay endurance). Uncontrolled, 0 END perhaps but such a construct would be highly GM approval.

Edit: At least in 6E. Just remembere we are talkign about 5E so things could be different.