Kill Bill (Possible Spoilers ahead)

Sketchpad

• 2 weeks later...

Hah! I've been thinking the exact same thing! I'm actually just starting to get back into HERO system after an 8 year hiatus, so hopefully I'll be back on my feet in no time and cranking a Kill Bill campaign for some friends of mine who are wanting to kick some ass Uma style...

I'll be sure to post anything I come up with here for y'all's enjoyment or (constructive) criticism.

Jason Abels

Originally posted by livewirerc

Hah! I've been thinking the exact same thing! I'm actually just starting to get back into HERO system after an 8 year hiatus, so hopefully I'll be back on my feet in no time and cranking a Kill Bill campaign for some friends of mine who are wanting to kick some ass Uma style...

I'll be sure to post anything I come up with here for y'all's enjoyment or (constructive) criticism.

Jason Abels

Funny you should mention that. I was actually planning to have the Deadly Viper Assasination Squad be a part of VIPER when I actually get my own game going [bill would be a Nest Leader], write ups would most certainly come in handy for all of them.

Re: Kill Bill (Possible Spoilers ahead)

Originally posted by Sketchpad

Okay ... I just got out of this movie and all I have to say is WHOA! I loved this flick!! I would like to thank Susano and Hero for the Ninja Hero book ... So, what'ya say Mike? Can we expect some nifty write-ups of The Bride? ;)

Maybe. I'd want to see Vol II first.

Actually... I've been developing an idea for a character based not on The Bride, but purely on the visual image of one of the Crazy 88s. Early on, before the entire gang arrives, The Bride fights a female 88. The image of a woman, dressed in a man's black suit and tie, with a Kato mask, and a katana, stuck with me (the actress, BTW is Sonny Chiba's daughter, and is the kenjutsu instructor for the film). So I've started developing a character concept from this. She's just stats and ideas right now, but I hope to eventually post her (it's all in my head, but I can clearly see this character, if you can understand that...). I could post a rough draft...

Finally, I've considered pitching a NH Companion idea to HERO, with more powers, NPCs, and places to stage fights. A resturant like that is now a "must include."

Originally posted by NuSoardGraphite

Forget The Bride, I want a write-up of Go Go!

Oh hay-ell yeah! And then, I want to play her in one of your games, NSG. Get your butt back to San Diego.

OT, I'd love to see writeups for the characters in this movie. BTW, did anyone else think that, apart from the grand guinol that was the restaurant, the best chunk of the movie was O-Ren's origin? -drools- God, I loved that.

Originally posted by tkdguy

My favorite part was when The Bride was flying to Tokyo, and O Ren was traveling to the restaurant via motorcade. Having The Green Hornet soundtrack in the background was so bad, it actually worked.

But I thought Sophie was hotter than Gogo.

It's the whole not skewering you for wanting to get into her panties thing, it's something I find really attractive in a woman. :D

Seriously though, GoGo did look a lot hotter to me before that scene with the poor schmuck she killed. I mean really, YIKES!

Originally posted by Black Rose

My indoctrination-thru-anime-and-HK-flicks is now complete; anything a girl in a school uniform does is adorable, and anything done in traditional Japanese or Chinese garb is lovely. -sighs-

I used to be sane, really.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! :)

(What anime have you been watching, if I may ask?)

Originally posted by Lupus

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! :)

(What anime have you been watching, if I may ask?)

Nothing specific recently, unless you count Adult Swim. I used to be more into anime in the '90s, but RL has made me have to spend more time doing other things nowadays.

I'm more of a social fanboy; I watch if other people are holding. Though I do make time to catch Jackie Chan movies when they come out. And I saw Kill Bill (natch) even though I thought it was going to be a bit more on the funny side.

Originally posted by Black Rose

My indoctrination-thru-anime-and-HK-flicks is now complete; anything a girl in a school uniform does is adorable, and anything done in traditional Japanese or Chinese garb is lovely. -sighs-

I used to be sane, really.

Does that include the schoolgirl in UMA p. 145 applying an armlock on the school bully?