Gremlin

TheNaga

Re: Gremlin

How does the character sound now? What can I do to get more skills starting out? The reason the character has a High DEX score is the character is suppose to be very agile.

Characteristics:

15 STR

25 DEX

15 CON

18 INT

20 EGO

20 PRE

6 OCV

6 DCV

4 OMCV

4 DMCV

4 SPD

4 PD

4 ED

15 REC

30 END

20 BODY

30 STUN

Powers:

27 Ohm Effect: Energy Damage Reduction, 75% (40 Active Points); Only Works Against Common attack (electricity and lightning; -1/2)

40 Lightning Blast: Blast 8d6

40 Machines Obey My Thoughts: Mind Control 8d6 (Machine class of minds), (40 Active Points)

24 Scaly Skin: Resistant Protection (8 PD/8 ED)

28 Machine Destruction: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, Area Of Effect (1m Radius; +1/4) (56 Active Points); Only Versus Machines (-1)

48 Sap Power: Drain BODY 4d6, any one Electronic Device power at a time (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Limited Range (40 m; -1/4)

Skills:

9 Mechanics 15-

9 Systems Operation 15-

9 Stealth 18-

Complications:

15 Distinctive Features: Resembles A Gremlin (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Psychological Complication: Curious (Common; Strong)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would I put the skill Research? What skills could I get with my last 9 points which should including the skill Reasearch. I have the Skill Enhancer Scientist.

How about this then?

Damage Machines: Multipower, 60-point reserve

3f Machine Destruction: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, Area Of Effect (1m Radius; +1/4) (56 Active Points); Only Versus Machines (-1)

5f Sap Power: Drain BODY 4d6, any one Electronic Device power at a time (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Limited Range (40 m; -1/4)

How does the character sound now? What can I do to get more skills starting out?

You spend more points on skills, perhaps with the points freed up by the suggested multipower.

The reason the character has a High DEX score is the character is suppose to be very agile.

The writeup may be very agile or very slow - it depends on the other characters in the game you will play him in. In the Champions Universe, 23 DEX supers are pretty common and a 25 DEX is nothing to write home about. "Vary agile" would be 30 - 33 in that model. A 4 SPD is the bottom of the Supers scales in most Champions games, with 5 being the most common and 6 not all that unusual.

A typical attack will still take the character out. With 12 defenses, a typical 126d attack will punch 30 STUN past his defenses, knocking him out. And with a 6DCV, most attacks from credible opponents will hit. Not "might hit half the time", but "will hit, reliably". Seems like you're OK with that as it's been mentioned numerous times.

Have you asked your friend who loaned you the books to look at the character? He should have an idea what is typical of the campaign.

How about this then?

3f Machine Destruction: Killing Attack - Ranged 3d6, Area Of Effect (1m Radius; +1/4) (56 Active Points); Only Versus Machines (-1)

5f Sap Power: Drain BODY 4d6, any one Electronic Device power at a time (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Limited Range (40 m; -1/4)

As a gm I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Research represents a character’s ability to locate information on academic and professional subjects. The character knows about standard research methods and sources (libraries, databases, archives, websites, and more), the methods for using them most efficiently, their reliability, and which ones are best for which subjects. He also knows how to organize research materials for best results, how to find the truly useful bits of information amid a flood of semi-useful facts, and so forth.

Here is the most updated info on this character. I know his history is not up to dated.

Characteristics:

15 STR

25 DEX

15 CON

18 INT

20 EGO

20 PRE

6 OCV

6 DCV

4 OMCV

4 DMCV

4 SPD

5 PD

5 ED

15 REC

30 END

20 BODY

30 STUN

Powers:

27 Ohm Effect: Energy Damage Reduction, 75% (40 Active Points); Only Works Against Common attack (electricity and lightning; -1/2)

40 Lightning Blast: Blast 8d6

40 Machines Obey My Thoughts: Mind Control 8d6 (Machine class of minds) Active Points)

24 Scaly Skin: Resistant Protection (8 PD/8 ED)

5 Infrared Perception (Sight Group)

5 Ultraviolet Perception (Sight Group)

Skills:

Scientist

4 1) Science Skill: Computer Engineering 14- (5 Active Points)

4 2) Science Skill: Mathematics 14- (5 Active Points)

9 Mechanics 15-

0 Language: English (completely fluent; literate) (4 Active Points)

9 Systems Operation 15-

9 Stealth 18-

9 Electronics 16-

9 Computer Programming 16-

Complications:

15 Distinctive Features: Resembles A Gremlin (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Psychological Complication: Curious (Common; Strong)

10 Physical Complication: Hollow Bones (+3" Knockback) (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)

Physical Description: A diminutive male walks in moving with grace and ease. Hard, smooth dark green scales cover his whole body. His bones are made of a strong internal network of fibers. His skull is short and massive. His pointed ears rise above his head. Above each of his three large ridged brows is a fin-like crest. Each fin-like crest runs across his head and down his neck. His three eyes are red orbs with the third eye being located in the center of his forehead. Razor-sharp curved, blade-like teeth line his long deep powerful jaws. Fifty percent of his upper teeth are visible even when his mouth is closed. The wide monstrous looking hands are 50% larger than normal. A sharp claw comes out of each of his hand’’s fingers and thumb. His prehensile tapering tail measures two feet in length. Both of his feet have three toes that end in a sharp two-inch long claw. His three eyes glow with green electricity with the third eye being located in the center of his forehead.

Height: 3 feet, 9 inches tall

Weight: 89 lbs

History: He was born on September 11, 1985 in Dallas, Texas. Due to his being born with certain unusual physical characteristics, and abilities his parents put her up for adoption. . He was born with all of his mutant powers except for his immunity to energy and electricity and ability to discharge electricity.

He lived in an orphanage in Dallas, Texas until at age twelve when a carload of anti-mutant bigots burned down the orphanage. He barely escaped the fire. Unknown to him was the anti-mutant bigots want to kill her since was a mutant and the people harboring him. They also want to send a message that anyone harboring mutant would suffer the same fate as a mutant death.

The day after the fire that destroyed the orphanage he was staying at, he transferred to an orphanage in Santa Fe, New Mexico This was done to keep those anti-mutant bigots who where after him from finding him again. The owner of the Dallas orphanage knew the own of the orphanage in Sana Fe, New Mexico which he was sent to.

The children in Santa Fe, New Mexico orphanage would tease him and call him names. The children also started calling him Gremlin because they thought he look like an actually gremlin.

Six months after turning nineteen he was attacked by a group of neo-Nazi skin and was left for dead if not for his healing factor. While in the hospital his best friend Nathan Daniels, who was also a mutant, was killed by the same neo-Nazi skinhead that tried to kill him. After his friend was killed, he chose to protect mutants from humans, which he saw as evil towards mutants.

After coming out the coma, his ability discharge electricity manifests itself. Two month after coming out of the coma he found out, he was immune to electricity, energy attacks, radiation, stun, laser, and ion weapons.

OK, most of the issues previously raised appear to be ignored, so I won't revisit them.

You've indicated his history is not updated, so I'm not sure if that extends to his description. Assuming the character retains the claws, fangs and tail, my first question would be why these have no associated game mechanics reflected on the character sheet.

It seems odd that his resistance to electricity does not extend to killing attacks, as many electrical attacks (including many found in nature) are defined as killing attacks. Note that resistant damage reduction costs more. For 27 points (40 if you upgrade to Resistant), I'd consider damage negation to electrical attacks a much better buy.

His description is 100% correct. I am not sure I how I should add the tail, claws, and bite attacks, I would like him to have a healing factor if I can work it out. I need to add back to his sheet Ohm Effect. I erased Ohm Effect some how from his sheet. I am willing to lower his Dex if need be.

His description is 100% correct. I am not sure I how I should add the tail' date=' claws, and bite attacks, I would like him to have a healing factor if I can work it out. I need to add back to his sheet Ohm Effect. I erased Ohm Effect some how from his sheet. I am willing to lower his Dex if need be.[/quote']

Why did you leave his EB and Mind Control outside of is multipower?

You think I should have put his ability to control machines and his EB in a multipower? Should I have gotten ability to speak with machines?

There are advantages and drawbacks to doing either one. Putting them the Multipower. It would save you some points (maybe for the HKA: Claws, etc) but it would make the character more vulnerable to Adjgustment powers. Some of the character's abilities might be candidates for the Unified Power Limitation, but I'm not overly familiar with it.

This what i was told about Unified Power. A reduction to ONE of those powers would reduce ALL of them because of a thematic link' date=' then Unified Power is the mechanic which achieves that objective.[/quote']

It's up to you (and your gm) if you think the powers are related closely enough to warrant it.

No rule unifies powers in a Multipower. Each slot would be drained, etc. independent of the others. However, the Multipower reserve can only be allocated to one power at a time, so he can use his Sap or Machine Destruction, but not both. Putting the Blast and Machine Control in the MP as well (and likely bumping these to 60 AP as well) would mean only one can be used at a time, but would save a lot of points. Attack multipowers are pretty common as multiple attacks outside a multipower get very expensive.

The Hero Designer lets me give mutlipowers the Unified limitation. Then what should I do then since I cannot use the Unified limitation on a multipower? I have add the Ohm Effect back to his sheet, his prehensile tapering tail, and his claws and bite attack to his sheet.

Nothing prevents adding Unified Power to the Multipower and all of its slots. It's not the default, but it's certainly a viable choice. It could be placed on powers in and outside the multipower if desired. It could also be placed on only some MP slots, but that would be more flavour than function as the cost of an individual slot won't drop much from a -1/4 limitation.

Nothing prevents adding Unified Power to the Multipower and all of its slots. It's not the default' date=' but it's certainly a viable choice. It could be placed on powers in and outside the multipower if desired. It could also be placed on only some MP slots, but that would be more flavour than function as the cost of an individual slot won't drop much from a -1/4 limitation.[/quote']

Is this new for 6th Edition? I was under the impression that Multipowers were drained as one abilty of the Adjustment power would reaonsably effect the entire thing be default.