Using Time Limit with an attack power

ghostwolf

Hi yall.

I'm working on powers for the priests in my setting and I came up with this:

Fusillade:  Killing Attack - Ranged 1d6, Penetrating (+1/2), Area Of Effect Accurate (1 person per hex) (3m Radius; +1/2), Time Limit (1 Turn; +1/2) (37 Active Points); OIF (Small Projectiles of Opportunity (Darts, Daggers, Bolts, Arrows, etc); Holy Symbol; -1/2), Incantations (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4), Extra Time (Full Phase, Only to Activate, -1/4)

This power allows the Clarion to cause up to 3 small projectiles to rise into the air and fire themselves at up to 3 targets standing within a 3" radius of each other. The Clarion may chose to have all of the projectiles strike the same target with separate to hit rolls. This power remains active for 1 turn and can be used on consecutive phases as a zero-phase action as long as there are projectiles available, though it still requires an Attack Action. The Clarion must have one hand free to direct the projectiles.

Ok, my question is this: According to the rules in 6E1, Time Limit creates a power that remains active after it is used for a specific duration and can be used again at any point during that duration as a zero-phase action, but it would still cost an attack action if applicable.

This is obviously an attack, so if I'm understanding this right, the priest would be take a full phase to activate the power to start with, and then any phase he had an action later, he could use the power again as an attack action without having to cast it, thus allowing him to move around or take other actions. That seem right?

Re: Using Time Limit with an attack power

As far as the duration stuff goes (Time Limit and Extra Time) I would say you are about right. The "up to three" projectiles statement is where my spider sense tingles. Are those at once or just a descriptive effect of the number of Phases he has in a turn? If it is the former, then Autofire would also be required. Or is it descriptive of "spreading" an attack? Not familiar with spreading an attack rules, so I do not have any input there yet. Have to read up on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Using Time Limit with an attack power

You might consider adding Autofire (3 shots) and 3 Charges to it. You could then do away with the Area of Effect Advantage if you wanted to.

Yep, this sounds similar to a question regarding a scene from the 1st Iron Man movie.

.... I would build the missiles used by Iron-Man vs. the terrorists holding a hostage (in the live action movie) with a combination of AOE Selective and AOE 1 Hex Accurate. All Limitations (like Charges) can be applied to the entire construct and can also be combined with CSL's (whether they are part of the armor or just Stark's skill) as well.