Based on ECV and inanimate objects

Fearghus

Re: Based on ECV and inanimate objects

IMO' date=' whether a blast can affect the inamimate has more to do with whether is it resisted by Mental defence, or PD/ED rather than whether it targets EDCV (rather than DCV)[/quote']

So when I buy Mental Defense for my Focus, it suddenly is affected by a Mental Blast, Does Body? Doesn't sounds right for me.

I could see an argument for the barrier: when it blocks the attack, it can be broken by the attack. But then again a Supress, Area of Effect also "Blocks" Attacks adn can't be broken. Would say a barrier is equal in that regard: Impedes attacks, but cannot be targeted directly.

What am I happy that 6E has a clear rule: If it has the right Class of Mind or a Limitation it is affected. If not, it is not affected at all. When you want something that affects everything and is targeted by oMCV, you came take a normal attack and advantage it acordingly.

So when I buy Mental Defense for my Focus, it suddenly is affected by a Mental Blast, Does Body? Doesn't sounds right for me.

I could see an argument for the barrier: when it blocks the attack, it can be broken by the attack. But then again a Supress, Area of Effect also "Blocks" Attacks adn can't be broken. Would say a barrier is equal in that regard: Impedes attacks, but cannot be targeted directly.

What am I happy that 6E has a clear rule: If it has the right Class of Mind or a Limitation it is affected. If not, it is not affected at all. When you want something that affects everything and is targeted by oMCV, you came take a normal attack and advantage it acordingly.

Why would you buy Mental Defence for the focus if it wasn't already targetable by such?

Why would you buy Mental Defence for the focus if it wasn't already targetable by such?

Unless it's changed this edition, a Focus is covered by any Defense it provides the Character

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary does not get to claim a hump as a Focus for Life Support

Wait, Lucius' reasoning made you statement seem to make sense, ie. you meant you bought it through a Focus as opposed to for a Focus, thus the Focus has the same defense it provides. But your last post makes it not make sense again. Why would you buy Mental Defense for a Focus that can't be effected by mental powers? "I just had the points to spend" just makes no sense at all.

Wait' date=' Lucius' reasoning made you statement seem to make sense, ie. you meant you bought it [b']through[/b] a Focus as opposed to for a Focus, thus the Focus has the same defense it provides. But your last post makes it not make sense again. Why would you buy Mental Defense for a Focus that can't be effected by mental powers? "I just had the points to spend" just makes no sense at all.

Why not? You cannot asume that is never going to be a reaseon for it, one that perfectly makes sense for a given build and does not includes any sentient item.

When it targets machines mind it could affect the on-board computer. Otherwise: No.

Note: But modern cars could have a complication "Affected as Machine Class of Mind" to simulate that they have so many computers, including a motor controll system.

Good point. I had considered the vehicle question and agree that it would not effect a vehicle unless that vehicle was specifically built with a computer that controls it.

Good point. I had considered the vehicle question and agree that it would not effect a vehicle unless that vehicle was specifically built with a computer that controls it.

Every modern vehicle would be such a vehicle. The computers are everywhere, especially in the "important" parts like brakes and even the motor itself (afaik down to injection and ignition).