A Riddle:

JmOz

Re: A Riddle:

A very defended character drawing fire could work' date=' if the GM doesn't tactically ignore him since he's no threat to the villain.[/quote']

For the designated decoy I would combine high defenses with a high presence and a taunting skill. Would be fun to rollplay.

GM: OK, Joe, you're up.

Joe (playing the DD): I break cover, make a half move, and yell "You guys couldn't hit a target as big as a Full Moon!" Then I turn, drop trow, and bend over.

GM: *rolls dice* The agents miss their EGO check, and are all aiming at your Zero DCV butt.

Re: A Riddle:

A hero who actually views violence as a last resort? Unthinkable! ;)

There is something less thinkable: A D&D character who can't act violent.

Even less thinkable: A D&D character that makes Violence impossible in an area around him/her.

And yet, the Book of Exalted Deeds had a "Vow of Nonviolence" and "Vow of peace". One of the effects was that (manufactured, nonmagical) weapons shattered on impact without doing damage. Arrows, Swords - that doesn't worked. But fists or a clud would, same with slingshot amunition.

Could be made as a Force field. A damage shield would only work after the attack did damage, so it still would require a decent defense. On the other hand a triggered attack could attack weaposn before they hit, but only works against what the cahracter could percieve with his normal senses.