Agents

MisterVimes

I'm a little out of practice here (and I never color inside the lines). So, a few questions regarding creating agents for your Mastermind villains.

5th ED

• How many base points do you build elite agents on?
  • How many points of disadvantages?
  • If the average hero has 60 AP in their main attack as a baseline, how many AP do you give your agents for their main attack?

And because I'm slowly joining the band wagon

6th ED

• How many base points do you build elite agents on?
  • How many points of complications?
  • I haven't calculated my "sweet spot" for AP in 6th ED, but on average, what ratio do you aim for (if any) when scaling agents with heroes?

Re: Agents

Champions 6E has example mooks:

The Viper Agent, Alien Invader (Qular), Mole-Man and the Zombie are built on 175 points*

The Demon, the Ninja are built on 275*

The Robot example is built on 400 points

The soldier is built on 100*

The Street thug on 50*

*They use the same Poitns/Colpilcations a the respecitve heroic powerlevels, but with increased AP/DC/Defenses limits to be more in line with a Superheroic world.

My guidelines for Elite agents:

- DEX low enough that they tend to go last or next to last if a Hero has a really low DEX

- OCV high enough to hit the Heroes about 50% of the time

- DCV low enough that they are hit about 75% of the time

- Attacks on scale with the median for the Heroes

- Defenses about half of that of the Heroes, so that they are breakable

- Three elite agents for every Hero in the encounter should be a challenging for the Heroes

Don't really worry about points... Complications tend to be Psychs to define the agents actions...

Champions 6E has example mooks:

The Viper Agent, Alien Invader (Qular), Mole-Man and the Zombie are built on 175 points*

The Demon, the Ninja are built on 275*

The Robot example is built on 400 points

The soldier is built on 100*

The Street thug on 50*

*They use the same Poitns/Colpilcations a the respecitve heroic powerlevels, but with increased AP/DC/Defenses limits to be more in line with a Superheroic world.

Thanks for the benchmarks

My guidelines for Elite agents:

- DEX low enough that they tend to go last or next to last if a Hero has a really low DEX

- OCV high enough to hit the Heroes about 50% of the time

- DCV low enough that they are hit about 75% of the time

- Attacks on scale with the median for the Heroes

- Defenses about half of that of the Heroes, so that they are breakable

- Three elite agents for every Hero in the encounter should be a challenging for the Heroes

Don't really worry about points... Complications tend to be Psychs to define the agents actions...

Good stuff. Thanks.

If you're designing agents specifically as anti-supers, then there's two other items you can throw in the mix:

Area Effect weapons. e.g. grenades, sonic cone rifle, gas grenades

Mobility affecters: Entangles (with appropriate advantages to allow the super to still be hurt), Drains/Suppresses vs. DCV/Movement

Anything which makes the group of agents, as a whole, more effective, can force the PCs to take the mooks more seriously.

If you're designing agents specifically as anti-supers, then there's two other items you can throw in the mix:

Area Effect weapons. e.g. grenades, sonic cone rifle, gas grenades

Mobility affecters: Entangles (with appropriate advantages to allow the super to still be hurt), Drains/Suppresses vs. DCV/Movement

Anything which makes the group of agents, as a whole, more effective, can force the PCs to take the mooks more seriously.

Which is where the Viper sourcebook comes in handy.