Anti Paladin

Christougher

How would I build a cool and competent Evil Paladin? I searched the boards for helpful ideas and came up dry, and Googling only brought me a handful. Right now I'm looking at 15, 30 or 45 Active Point powers, with the possibility of them being put into either a Multipower or Elemental Control (Yes, I still play 5E.)

Chris.

Re: Anti Paladin

I know that this may be an answer without really helping you. But for a NPC that I had the party meet, I just took the paladin powers from the Turakian age and flipped them. Instead of detect evil, detect good. Instead of +X DCV versus evil creatures/humaniods, +X DCV versus good. Etc.....

And yes, call me an evil GM, but detect good should be a freaking powerful spell. Detect evil was written up to the detail that the paladin should even be able to detect evil intentions. After flipping it, I do not think that there is an easier way to get close to a reasonably 'good' person (or threaten/blackmail them) than to have an anti paladin with the ability to detect what they hold good and dear.

The party really freaked out and had a hard time with the evil Paladin. Well.... that and the evil/cursed sword he carried that tried to posses a party member with curious disadvantage when it was picked up after the battle. ;)

Norm.

PS. The Turakian Age character pack for Hero Designer (https://www.herogames.com/viewItem.htm?itemID=185288) is only $4. I would imagine that it would have the 'good' paladin powers. Not sure. The PDF (https://www.herogames.com/viewItem.htm?itemID=227047) is $11.

Edit: verified that the HD pack has Paladin Powers files, but did not look into them.

Paladins and "Anti-paladins" are hard to handle generically as it really depends on the campaign setting, how "GOOD" and "EVIL" are defined (is there any mechanical impact), how divine spellcasters are handled, and so forth.

I provide a collection of packages for Paladins here using the assumptions of my usage. A simplistic handling of an "Anti" version is a simple polarity shift ... just switch alignment references and makes different choices in selecting elective abilities, helpful effects are replaced by harmful effects, and so forth.

Ks nails it, to me. [Which probably goes without saying - KS has more published material on his website about using Hero for fantasy than Hero has published...]

Where the Paladin is about Law, Good and aiding his teammates, the Anti-Paladin is about Chaos, Evil and harming his enemies.

Ks nails it' date=' to me. [Which probably goes without saying - KS has more published material on his website about using Hero for fantasy than Hero has published...']

Where the Paladin is about Law, Good and aiding his teammates, the Anti-Paladin is about Chaos, Evil and harming his enemies.

And his teammates if they get in his way, or he can get away with it :)