Too Many Complications

mayapuppies

Re: Too Many Complications

Good advice' date=' but I find players do always take the max in complications. It wasn't that long ago that a 150 point Heroic character had 75 points in complications.[/quote']

Well, mayapuppies has said

Reducing the racial complications takes away from the race build and increasing the campaign limits puts an onerous chore on the potential PC's of other races.

If coming up with extra Complications points is an "onerous chore" they can avoid the chore by just not doing it if it's not required, after all.

If, as you say, they are always going to "take it to the max" because they want to, it can hardly be considered an "onerous chore."

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wants to max out on simplifications

Wow I think the chitin is alittle high at 6pd/6ed but am I right to think that this is to compensate that he can't wear armor?

I would think not being able to wear armor is to compensate for the Chitin.

Yes

Seems like a Wizard Neb with protective spells would be amazingly well defended (of course' date=' if they need to vocalize spells, that could be a problem...)[/quote']

This is a very high fantasy setting that borders on low-end supers. That being said, magic is going to be just slightly less dangerous to the caster than to everyone around the caster.

6 pts of natural armor is perhaps a little high' date=' but not necessarily outrageous - but this thread is for discussing Complications, not the build as a whole.[/quote']

The value of one Complication is heavily depending on the Value of that Power.

As to NCM' date=' can he also have a complication for "Powers with a focus that would cover his skin cost double"?[/quote']

I guess you mean special "neb" save armor.

How about requring the Armor to have an additional LS: Self Contained Breathing. That simulates a "mesh" that is designed to specifically give the oxygen to the Neb's skin. Similar to how a human wears a snorkel for sub surface diving. It won't allow him to breath underwater or stop gas attacks (without a additional LS for the Life Support gear), but at least he won't suffocate just from clothing.