Rebel 6E (HC: Guardians Unlimited II)

TheQuestionMan

<<>>

Background/History:

Rebel was created by Department 17 (fka the Haynesville Project) in a Top Secret Research & Development facility hidden inside the Detroit Medical Center. This facility was dedicated to creating a new Genetically Engineered Superhuman. The Project Director and Chief Scientist were Rhiannon Ap Lake (née Thomas), a Medical Doctor and Research Geneticist and Reece Ap Lake a Biomedical Engineering Technologist. Together they created the process and technology create a Superhuman more powerful than the Avengers of the Cyberline Process. They also developed a process for Genetic Memory allowing the subject to use implanted skills instinctively. Before they could begin the forced growth acceleration and indoctrination process their building was destroyed on June, 16, 1992 in The Battle of Detroit.

In the aftermath rescue workers found a new born baby boy in the remains of a lab, and the only survivor. In the chaos the child was placed in custody of children's services who quickly learned why the child had survived possessed superpowers. Six months later after an exhaustive identity search the child was adopted by a childless PRIMUS couple.

In 2002 he was orphaned again when his foster parents where killed in the crossfire of a superbattle. PRIMUS sent the families best friends gave the boy the news. After he cried himself out he fell asleep and they put him to bed. In the morning he was gone. He lived on the streets where he was just another runaway, but this one has superpowers. His grief transformed this carefree 10yr old into a crimefighting force of nature and violence. Taran supported himself using money taken from criminals and living with other runaways and street kids. He became their unknown protector and sometime benefactor. The extra money he gave to local charities, soup kitchens, and shelters.

The more he acted against criminals, organizations, and superhumans the more instinctive skills he learned to use. He began infiltrating the Gangs, the Criminal Organizations, and even a VIPER cell. Targets found their vehicles wrecked, places of business demolished, and incriminating evidence left out for the law. By 2012 he had begun working with the Police, Federal, and Super Agents. Earning him a positive reputation for professionalism and protectiveness of innocents. He also earned a negative reputation for violence and destruction.

Rebel somehow became involved in one of the Guardians Unlimited (II) adventures and impressed them enough that they made him an offer. They also hoped to help wipe away his Negative Reputation in the process.

Personality/Motivation:

Taran Ap Lake is a good kid who grew up in a good home and later on the streets, but he stayed a good kid. Today he spits his time between crimefighting and covert action against common criminals. Rebel fights to protect the innocent and make sure crime does not pay... ever. The loss of his unknown family in the Battle of Detroit and a second family to a superpowered battleground drives him to protect other families from the same loss. He has a Robin Hood mentality, but instead of robbing the rich and giving to the poor he robs from the criminals, takes just enough to support his mission, and donates the rest.

Quote:

"It is time to pay for what you've done!"

Powers/Tactics:

Rebel is a mid to high powered brick who can really punch above his class. He is also a Covert Agent using his Shapeshifting power and genetically implanted skills to infiltrate, investigate, and deceive his opponents.

Appearance:

He spent so much time shapeshifting into other people he has long forgotten what Taran Ap Lake looks like. He could use an old picture of himself and his adopted family and use Age-progression technology to recall his original appearance, but has not tried yet.

As Rebel he is more consistent. Wearing a one piece body stocking of black and silver with a classic chevron. Sometimes with a Jacket, but always unmasked and looking like his adopted father with solid silver eyes and short black hair.

Campaign Use/Sub Plot:

The team Detective and Dark Knight

Brick

Shapeshifter

Vigilante or Superhero

Genetically Engineered Superhuman created by Department 17.

Protective of Innocents

Future Civil Liberties and Human Rights Activist

Cheers

QM

Re: Rebel 6E (HC: Guardians Unlimited II)

We had a shapeshifter but he dropped out(Cipher)

so you have a place to shine there

Sequence has growth 6 levels and has great Str when that way

But was also Target Lad for the Terror Inc mooks and nearly got taken out

Circle is an open Supers game listed in the Others section

http://www.herocentral.net/campaignInformation.htm?newCampaignId=1129300

We have a shape shifter there Mask ,but you might to look at that one also(I'm playing Blip there)

Character wise

OCV with Basic strike is 14(Little high unless you plan on sweeping mooks)

might want to list say 4 of them as just to offset sweeping)

Change the wording to just "Strike" as you did not buy the martial maneuver Basic Strike(It may confuse some)

other than that I like him

Repped

Crap need to spread some more around

The 6th edition version has unified for all his stats, Genetically Enhanced Physiology does not seem legit. Under that logic, every hero can take enhanced stats with a 1/4 limit - they all have an enhanced physiology. Also, when I think of a unified power, it needs to be a theme that could potentially be a drain (that is the purpose of the limit, grouping powers/abilities together so that they have a joint susceptibility). I do not forsee a foe with drain enhanced physiology. The alternative view is that if you are hit with a drain of any one stat, all stats drop. I'd say no to this limitation. Also, some people have a problem with using power defense on a character with unified.

<<>>

Background/History:

Rebel was created by Department 17 (fka the Haynesville Project) in a Top Secret Research & Development facility hidden inside the Detroit Medical Center. This facility was dedicated to creating a new Genetically Engineered Superhuman. The Project Director and Chief Scientist were Rhiannon Ap Lake (née Thomas), a Medical Doctor and Research Geneticist and Reece Ap Lake a Biomedical Engineering Technologist. Together they created the process and technology create a Superhuman more powerful than the Avengers of the Cyberline Process. They also developed a process for Genetic Memory allowing the subject to use implanted skills instinctively. Before they could begin the forced growth acceleration and indoctrination process their building was destroyed on June, 16, 1992 in The Battle of Detroit.

In the aftermath rescue workers found a new born baby boy in the remains of a lab, and the only survivor. In the chaos the child was placed in custody of children's services who quickly learned why the child had survived possessed superpowers. Six months later after an exhaustive identity search the child was adopted by a childless PRIMUS couple.

In 2002 he was orphaned again when his foster parents where killed in the crossfire of a superbattle. PRIMUS sent the families best friends gave the boy the news. After he cried himself out he fell asleep and they put him to bed. In the morning he was gone. He lived on the streets where he was just another runaway, but this one has superpowers. His grief transformed this carefree 10yr old into a crimefighting force of nature and violence. Taran supported himself using money taken from criminals and living with other runaways and street kids. He became their unknown protector and sometime benefactor. The extra money he gave to local charities, soup kitchens, and shelters.

The more he acted against criminals, organizations, and superhumans the more instinctive skills he learned to use. He began infiltrating the Gangs, the Criminal Organizations, and even a VIPER cell. Targets found their vehicles wrecked, places of business demolished, and incriminating evidence left out for the law. By 2012 he had begun working with the Police, Federal, and Super Agents. Earning him a positive reputation for professionalism and protectiveness of innocents. He also earned a negative reputation for violence and destruction.

Rebel somehow became involved in one of the Guardians Unlimited (II) adventures and impressed them enough that they made him an offer. They also hoped to help wipe away his Negative Reputation in the process.

Personality/Motivation:

Taran Ap Lake is a good kid who grew up in a good home and later on the streets, but he stayed a good kid. Today he spits his time between crimefighting and covert action against common criminals. Rebel fights to protect the innocent and make sure crime does not pay... ever. The loss of his unknown family in the Battle of Detroit and a second family to a superpowered battleground drives him to protect other families from the same loss. He has a Robin Hood mentality, but instead of robbing the rich and giving to the poor he robs from the criminals, takes just enough to support his mission, and donates the rest.

Quote:

"It is time to pay for what you've done!"

Powers/Tactics:

Rebel is a mid to high powered brick who can really punch above his class. He is also a Covert Agent using his Shapeshifting power and genetically implanted skills to infiltrate, investigate, and deceive his opponents.

Appearance:

He spent so much time shapeshifting into other people he has long forgotten what Taran Ap Lake looks like. He could use an old picture of himself and his adopted family and use Age-progression technology to recall his original appearance, but has not tried yet.

As Rebel he is more consistent. Wearing a one piece body stocking of black and silver with a classic chevron. Sometimes with a Jacket, but always unmasked and looking like his adopted father with solid silver eyes and short black hair.

Campaign Use/Sub Plot:

The team Detective and Dark Knight

Brick

Shapeshifter

Vigilante or Superhero

Genetically Engineered Superhuman created by Department 17.

Protective of Innocents

Future Civil Liberties and Human Rights Activist

Cheers

QM

can someone swing the reptonfa for me thanks

Any Strength,Stun,Ego,Body Drain hits all of them

It means that they are more interconnected to each other

His theme is he is a genetic construct

I will grant you that Power Def is less common, but that is for the GM to decide

There are plenty of villains with drains that have been published over the yrs

If a GM is going to be lazy and not utilize or build any that is their problem and the pts in power def are wasted then

The 6th edition version has unified for all his stats' date=' Genetically Enhanced Physiology does not seem legit. Under that logic, every hero can take enhanced stats with a 1/4 limit - they all have an enhanced physiology. Also, when I think of a unified power, it needs to be a theme that could potentially be a drain (that is the purpose of the limit, grouping powers/abilities together so that they have a joint susceptibility). I do not forsee a foe with drain enhanced physiology. The alternative view is that if you are hit with a drain of any one stat, all stats drop. I'd say no to this limitation. Also, some people have a problem with using power defense on a character with unified.[/quote']

I had problems and I was using the guidelines

problem is too many chefs to stir the pot and you almost have to please all of them

I just took it as a challenge and kept coming up with better and better builds till there was no more

Micronought(AKA The Wyrm Ouroboros yep he changed his name) is the worst

• 1 month later...

I had problems and I was using the guidelines

problem is too many chefs to stir the pot and you almost have to please all of them

I just took it as a challenge and kept coming up with better and better builds till there was no more

Micronought(AKA The Wyrm Ouroboros yep he changed his name) is the worst

Micronaut - if you're going to diss me, do it right. And I assumed a second one for personal reasons; I've never been shy about saying who I am, and everyone over there who can write coherently over there calls me by both names, so nobody's being bloody deceived.

As well, Beastttt, I'm sorry that you think your builds are 'better and better'; both your builds and your backgrounds tend towards the 'craptastic' end of the spectrum. I require quasi-realistic reactions from NPCs and believability in consequences; I had issues with the above character's background, yes, just like I did with Ghost Cat. No, I don't need to worry about either of them, and yes, in Circle you DO have to please all of us - but all of us want similar things.

Blip doesn't have a background of 'Built by supergeniuses, raised by supercops, orphaned and ran away to live in the streets, superspy/Robin Hood/awesomesauce vigilante'; hell, even Ghost Cat didn't have that. We raised questions; Question Man declined to answer them to our satisfaction, declined to modify the background in order to satisfy our concerns. ChristopherG@HC claimed privately to me that:

I have in fact the absolute controll over those things: By taking or not taking a complciation. If GA has no Hunted "people who want her tech", then all relevant potential hunteds have accepted that it is simply not worth the effort (she too good a protecting them and giving you a blody nose for trying). If all Faries in CU have Vulnerability "Iron" (Body and Stun; Very Common) and LF only has Vulnerability "Cold smithed Iron" (Stun; uncommon) this could be because of her subrace, that she discared her nautral form or both - but mainly because I choose it to be that way.

This is utterly incorrect. The GM has absolute control, because the GM has to have absolute control. The GM is, and needs to be, final arbiter over what's acceptable in his campaign world, and yes, in a shared campaign like Circle, that's quintuply a concern, because all the GMs have to agree. To play a background or a character build Without Alteration and/or Input From The GM, one generally needs to be the GM yourself.

But feel free to complain.

I am really not sure how I should reply to this. The Questions I was asked by the GMs were not phrased in a manner that I could Answer them to my or the GMs satisfaction. The GMs requested changes to what I considered the core concept of the character. The GMs and I could not agree on the Borderline Superhero/Vigilante conflict and his Crimefighting/Robinhood methods. That is perfectly acceptable to me. I decided to create another character, but suffered a serious case of writers block. I still do. I bowed out rather than make anyone wait for me.

For love of the game.

QM

P.S.: IMOHO the GM has total control of the Campaign Settings, NPCs, and just about everything else. The GM also has final say in weather a Player's Character is acceptable for his game. Beyond that the only person controlling the character is the Player. Respects to you both. Please discuss it elsewhere.