Faerie Fire

Laundry Knight

Ayano and Blake continue to talk back and forth, sometimes charmingly, sometimes lamely, for a little longer and then, “Atchoo!” “Bless you,” the both say simultaneously, “you didn't sneeze?” again in unison.

They stand up. They look around the laundromat and see no one, and then, they hear a clang like someone running into a washing machine. They see one of the machines lurch. “Over there,”Blake yells out. Ayano stretches out her hand releasing a crimson light that illuminates the laundromat in a holographic display.

Brilliant crimson washers are seen, brilliant crimson dryers are seen, a brilliant crimson soap dispenser is seen, and a brilliant crimson and naked African American man is seen. He looks around surprised. He looks down and realizes his predicament. He covers himself with his hands, jumps behind the washers for cover, and yells, “Hey, cut that out. I'm one of the good guys.” Blake and Ayano look at each other convinced that the stranger is telling the truth. Ayano drops her power, and everything goes back to their normal colors except for the African American who goes back to being invisible.

This is an excerpt from a short story that I have been expanding on for a while now.

Anyway, I am trying to model the power that Ayano, Crimson Aura, uses to reveal the invisible Byron, Mister Invisible. I am assuming that it would be dispel invisibility in conjunction with an Images that creates light, but I am unsure of the numbers.

Re: Faerie Fire

Drain or Supress Invsibility to Sight

plus

Iamges to create light

of course, with that build there might be a problem:

The naked guy could very well be Inherently Invisible, so this would not work.

Other idea:

Spartial Awareness, all sense modifiers as sight, Usable by everyone nearby (friend and foe), Affected as Sight.

Unless someone build as "Invisibility to Faerie Fire", this one will find the target no mater how invisible.

Let's try my later built:

Spatial Awareness: Detect Physical Objects (10), Targetting (10), Sense (2), Unsuaual Group (Active), 22 Base; Area of Effect (32m radius; +1), 44 Active; Does not works for people without Sight (-1/4*), 35 Real Cost

*that one is less than "Affect as Sight", as Invisibility and Shape Shift to Sight does not affects it.

Drain or Supress Invsibility to Sight

plus

Iamges to create light

of course, with that build there might be a problem:

The naked guy could very well be Inherently Invisible, so this would not work.

Other idea:

Spartial Awareness, all sense modifiers as sight, Usable by everyone nearby (friend and foe), Affected as Sight.

Unless someone build as "Invisibility to Faerie Fire", this one will find the target no mater how invisible.

To build on this idea, make the effect of outlining everything in colored light either a Side Effect or Visible or Obvious Limitation.

Also, consider building in bonuses to Perception, and possibly a +1 OCV (if it benefits everyone, possibly free as part of Special Effects, if it benefits allies possibly a Characteristic as Power.)

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wants Faerie Earth, Faerie Water, and Faerie Air

Naked Guy is Mister Invisible. I have already built his stats and posted them. In the story' date=' he was coming home from a case and wanted his only uniform cleaned for a team try-out the next day.[/quote']

Can't find his writeup.

Still think the Sense, AoE built is the most simple thing to do.

Let's try my later built:

Spatial Awareness: Detect Physical Objects (10), Targetting (10), Sense (2), Unsuaual Group (Active), 22 Base; Area of Effect (32m radius; +1), 44 Active; Does not works for people without Sight (-1/4*), 35 Real Cost

*that one is less than "Affect as Sight", as Invisibility and Shape Shift to Sight does not affects it.

I finally got around to reading about Spatial Awareness, and this does seem to fit what I have in mind as I would imagine the power my characters has would also be useful in ferreting out sight based illusions, and based on my perception of Spatial Awareness, it should do that as well. I think I will go with that build. Thank you, and thanks to all that replied.