Map Pieces

Epiphanis

Just for general utility, here are some floor maps for superhero scenarios created in Campaign Cartographer.

First, a giant Death Ray Chamber mounted inside an observatory-like rotating dome:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43619[/ATTACH]

Next, a laboratory complex:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43620[/ATTACH]

Here is an underground cloning facility such as Teleios might have.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43621[/ATTACH]

Re: Map Pieces

Just for general utility, here are some floor maps for superhero scenarios created in Campaign Cartographer.

First, a giant Death Ray Chamber mounted inside an observatory-like rotating dome:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43619[/ATTACH]

Next, a laboratory complex:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43620[/ATTACH]

Here is an underground cloning facility such as Teleios might have.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43621[/ATTACH]

Awesome, but your secret lab complex probably needs more than one exit.

I second Beast's opinion of "cool stuff."

Also, do you recommend Campaign Cartographer for this kind of stuff? I'm starting an online Hero game using Maptools soon and it might be nice to be able to build my own maps rather than scrounging them from the internet.

Arc Esu: game mapmaking is dependent on a lot of things. If you are artistically inclined, Photoshop or another good paint program combined with a pen tablet can work really well; most of the more notorious game cartographers work this way. If you are more of a technician than a sketcher, CAD/CAM software like Campaign Cartographer are preferable. And if you are dedicated enough, you can combine the two in different ways.

Campaign Cartographer has a harsh learning curve. I've deen using different versions of it for almost twenty years and there is still a lot I don't know about it. It also requires a money investment.

Perhaps surprisingly, Maptool alone makes a pretty decent map with a much easier learning curve.

• 2 weeks later...

Arc Esu: game mapmaking is dependent on a lot of things. If you are artistically inclined, Photoshop or another good paint program combined with a pen tablet can work really well; most of the more notorious game cartographers work this way. If you are more of a technician than a sketcher, CAD/CAM software like Campaign Cartographer are preferable. And if you are dedicated enough, you can combine the two in different ways.

Campaign Cartographer has a harsh learning curve. I've deen using different versions of it for almost twenty years and there is still a lot I don't know about it. It also requires a money investment.

Perhaps surprisingly, Maptool alone makes a pretty decent map with a much easier learning curve.

My copy of CC is DOS...

I use Dundjinni. It is easy to use' date=' has a Modern set of tiles to use along with a website with very active and helpful artists who have made me many items for maps that I don't have the skill to do my self.[/quote']

Whoa!! This is available for purchase again! This was at the top of my list for a mapping software (mainly because Campaign Cartographer is more $$ than I can justify for what I need), but was unavailable for purchase (issues with the online store or some such). Will definitely be purchasing after work today!

Guest steamteck

I use Dundjinni. It is easy to use' date=' has a Modern set of tiles to use along with a website with very active and helpful artists who have made me many items for maps that I don't have the skill to do my self.[/quote']

Agreed Dunjinni has such an active community you really don't have to much yourself.