Healing Addiction power

Opale

Greetings !!

To follow an interesting developpment of the Moon Silver Character from Enforcer (thanks to him !), I'm pondering some powers that are thematically very strong.

The ability to heal someone from any kind of drug addiction, both on physical and psychological level.

How would you do that ?

Are there rules that manage drugs effects somewhere (heroine, cocaine and so on ? ). I know it's kinda gloomy and dark, but something is happening to the character that might make her both more "tough" and more serious aswell..

Thanks in advance !

Opale, Protector of Mankind.

Re: Healing Addiction power

When I've seen drugs of that sort written up, it's been as Adjustment Powers or as Mental Powers based on CON.

The most obvious way under the rules to totally cure an addiction is a Transform.

I suppose you might also use Life Support: Immunity to X, usable by other.

Lucius Alexander

I can give up palindromedary taglines any time I want to.

You may need two Transform powers (maybe linked)

one for the BODY (physical)

and the other for the MIND (psychological)

The level would be in the minor (remove 10 poits of complications) or major (remove 20 poits of complications, or more at the GM's option)

It is likely you are not going to need Improved results group, but 1/4 should cover it if you do.

Now the 'Healing' from Transform... maybe use 'if the user start using the drugs once more reverts the transforming?'

This may work

The fix: (Total: 32 Active Cost, 27 Real Cost)

Heal Psychological Addiction: Major Transform 1d6 (Removes Addiction, if the user start using the drugs once more reverts the transforming), Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Mental Defense; +0), Work Against EGO, not BODY (+1/4), Partial Transform (+1/2) (17 Active Points)(17 Real Cost)

plus

Heal Physical Addiction: Major Transform 1d6 (Removes Addictions, if the user start using the drugs once more reverts the transforming), Partial Transform (+1/2) (15 Active Points); Linked (Heal Psychological Addiction; -1/2)(10 Real Cost)

Greetings !!

To follow an interesting developpment of the Moon Silver Character from Enforcer (thanks to him !), I'm pondering some powers that are thematically very strong.

The ability to heal someone from any kind of drug addiction, both on physical and psychological level.

How would you do that ?

Are there rules that manage drugs effects somewhere (heroine, cocaine and so on ? ). I know it's kinda gloomy and dark, but something is happening to the character that might make her both more "tough" and more serious aswell..

Thanks in advance !

Opale, Protector of Mankind.

That depends highly on how the addiction is built in the first palce.

Adiction, the Complication that you wrote on your sheet during character creation:

1. Transform, being with Addition into being without. Just pick a power level of transform strong enough to eliminate the Complication or lower it to a more manageable level. Healed by following the original complciation (taking the drug again).

2. Just buy off the complciation. Or maybe buy it down to something akin to "dry alcoholic".

Adiction, brought onto you via a malicious Transform:

1. The same Transform as under 1, but the healing transform can only be healed as long as the malicious transform isn't broken.

2. Fullfilling the healing condition of the malicious Transform

3. If healing condtion is "heals naturally": "Regeneration UOO, Only to coutner adiction transform" or "healing" to complete the condition faster.

Adiction brought to you via the Side Effect of a Power (a Side Effect taht applies "adiction" Complcaition). Per rules should heal similar to a Transform that "heals normally". If it can be healed easily, reduce the value of the side effect (down too -0).