Mental Institute equipment

quozaxx

Not long ago, I asked for a Mental Institute name. I chose Tranquility Haven Psychiatric Hospital (Tranquility Haven or TH for short)

Well, I have "borrowed" a lot of information from the Hero book New Bedlam Asylum. It has been very, very helpful.

It has information on syringes, Basic Tranquilizer Guns, Advanced Tranquilizer Guns, Straightjackets, EEG Machines, EKG Machines, and Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)(aka electro-shock therapy)

But Tranquility Haven is located in a super powered setting. What other "equipment" would a Mental Institute have that is set in the Champion's Universe?

Re: Mental Institute equipment

Not long ago, I asked for a Mental Institute name. I chose Tranquility Haven Psychiatric Hospital (Tranquility Haven or TH for short)

Well, I have "borrowed" a lot of information from the Hero book New Bedlam Asylum. It has been very, very helpful.

It has information on syringes, Basic Tranquilizer Guns, Advanced Tranquilizer Guns, Straightjackets, EEG Machines, EKG Machines, and Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)(aka electro-shock therapy)

But Tranquility Haven is located in a super powered setting. What other "equipment" would a Mental Institute have that is set in the Champion's Universe?

You need some way to depower them, but you can give them an injury hazard or material for a suicide/breakout at the same time:

Power dampeners. Preferebly "woven into" the straightjacket.

Special Cells whose walls are made of/interwoven with the non-lethal kryptonite. "Supermad"'s cell woudl propably have a Red Sun Lamp in the (really high) ceiling. Behind shatter proof glass.

Hmmm ... :think:

Machines for scanning activity in meta-human brains, watching regions as powers are activated.

Tracking chips for the more elusive inmates.

How super? Would a telepathy device (or anti-telepathy devices) be apropos?

How super? Standard Champion's game super. So anti-mental power, anti-meta human power, anti-magic power, and anti-teleportatiion devices would be standard. (Dampening not total removal)

It is a mental hospital that you would not mind you loved one going to. Even if they had meta human powers. According to the history, they actually have a high success rate in helping patients overcome addiction, coping with mental problems, and even understanding and dealing with meta humans with psychological problems.

Add on question: Who (besides Foxbat and Black Harlequin - who I actually think would make great editions to the hospital) in the entire Champions / Pulp / Dark Champions universe do you think would be sent to this Mental Hospital for evaluation or treatment.

I'm talking about characters so out there (like Foxbat or Black Harlequin) that they BELONG to in the hospital.