5th Ed. Help

TheGotcho

Re: 5th Ed. Help

BTW I like using "HeroClix" when I am playing Champions. I recommend Popping the figurine off the dial "ClixBase" and gluing them to a round 25mm(1") base. The Clix base is larger than an inch and can cause confusion if used unmodified.

Or get a battlemat that has hexes big enough to handle the base.

HeroClix are plastic easily modified and repainted figures. Look for grey ring based figures on Ebay (The grey ring is the least powerful in the game and is therefore the most common and cheapest). You can find pretty much any DC or Marvel Character in many incarnations and many different sculpts. A slight knowledge of Miniature conversions and/or some imagination in painting can get you a figure for nearly any character you can imagine.

"Gray"?

Yellow, Blue, Red, Silver, and Gold were the original designations. Figures with a purple ring were promotional pieces.

Current figs don't use rings. They have a painted tab with the set symbol in it. Those colors are: White, Green, Silver, Gold, or Bronze.

Or get a battlemat that has hexes big enough to handle the base.

"Gray"?

Yellow, Blue, Red, Silver, and Gold were the original designations. Figures with a purple ring were promotional pieces.

Current figs don't use rings. They have a painted tab with the set symbol in it. Those colors are: White, Green, Silver, Gold, or Bronze.

Sorry, you are right. I was spacing. Yellow are the cheapies low powered ones. Silvers were the Uniques/ultra rares. Never saw any golds in the original few sets.

Basically look on ebay for cheapie generic looking heroes. Some iconics are actually pretty generic (ie IronMan is a pretty generic PA suit that can be repurposed to make pretty much any non-bulky PA suit). There are others that with some work can be also made into anything. Batman is also kind of generic if you work on his lower cape edge. Superman as well. I usually take character descriptions and root through my Clix till I find one that matches in someway. Then I carve it up and repaint it to be that character. It's kind of fun.

Sorry, you are right. I was spacing. Yellow are the cheapies low powered ones. Silvers were the Uniques/ultra rares. Never saw any golds in the original few sets.

Basically look on ebay for cheapie generic looking heroes. Some iconics are actually pretty generic (ie IronMan is a pretty generic PA suit that can be repurposed to make pretty much any non-bulky PA suit). There are others that with some work can be also made into anything. Batman is also kind of generic if you work on his lower cape edge. Superman as well. I usually take character descriptions and root through my Clix till I find one that matches in someway. Then I carve it up and repaint it to be that character. It's kind of fun.

Golds were the prizes early on. Usually the character by his Secret ID name.

I haven't gotten around to any mods on my extras. I was a WizKids volunteer for years. I use the clix as-is when I run Champions. I did pick up GF9 flight bases today. Better than having dice under a mini to show that it's flying.

• 1 year later...

Let's say our hero, The Green Turtle http://www.comicvine.com/green-turtle/4005-61241/, gets hit with one of these stink poisons, and he has no Power Defense.  How does the successful attack impair him?

Noxious Fatigue Toxin Pellets:  Suppress END 3d6, Continuous (+1); OAF (-1), 2 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Hour each (-0)

Noxious Weakness Toxin Pellets:  Suppress STR 3d6, Continuous (+1); OAF (-1), 2 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Hour each (-0)

Let's say our hero, The Green Turtle http://www.comicvine.com/green-turtle/4005-61241/, gets hit with one of these stink poisons, and he has no Power Defense.  How does the successful attack impair him?

Noxious Fatigue Toxin Pellets:  Suppress END 3d6, Continuous (+1); OAF (-1), 2 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Hour each (-0)

Noxious Weakness Toxin Pellets:  Suppress STR 3d6, Continuous (+1); OAF (-1), 2 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Hour each (-0)

Quite effectively. Unless he somehow gets access to an 'antidote'* or a Healing Power build that works on those characteristics before the hour is up, the affected characteristic will have its maximum reduced by the effect for the duration.  I'd have to check the 5e rules to confirm but I believe that the effect vs. END would be halved since it is considered a 'defensive ability' vs. adjustment powers.

*Any time Suppress is combined with 0 END or Continuing Charges it essentially follows the same rules as an Uncontrolled Power and needs an end condition defined (similar to a defense for an NND).

Yep, here's the end condition-  A tomato juice bath removes the stench from The Kraken's noxious toxin pellets. That said, most people throw away clothes that have been sprayed by a skunk.

Is there an addition poison damage roll for each of The Kraken's Phases until the hour is up or the Bloody Mary bath is taken?

I'd go along with that, if it didn't have the Continuous (+1); OAF (-1), in addition to the 2 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Hour each (-0), yes?  Especially given that Suppress is already a Constant Power.

Ah...I was thinking the Continuous Advantage was a prerequisite for making the Charges Continuing. So technically you are correct. 

However,  The primary purpose of Continuous is to remove the necessity of additional Attack Rolls.  It does not negate the use of any charges per attack though.  So as built, you get a grand total of 2 Suppress rolls vs. the target.

If you want a steadily escalating ability here are a couple of builds closer to that effect.

Uncontrolled is needed on top of Continuous if you want it to be a fire-and-forget steadily escalating ability.  0 END is more correctly costed advantage instead of charges (the 1 hour limit is just part of the auto-shutoff definition for Uncontrolled).  I added Cumulative to get the cost in the same ballbark as an equivalent Drain based build (which as you can see is still way more expensive).

60 Noxious Weakness Toxin Pellets: Suppress STR 3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Continuous (+1), Cumulative (72 points; +1) (60 Active Points) - END=0

135 Noxious Weakness Toxin Pellets: Drain STR 3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Ranged (+1/2), Continuous (+1), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Hour; +1) (135 Active Points) - END=0