The Fox is Dead: Justice

JmOz

For the new Fox is dead Campeign I introduce the first new PC

Fox is dead is a campeign setting of street level heroes, NCM is in play, but can be bypassed with Powers. Powers are capped at 100 points (including MA) Damage is to be in the 8-12 DC, with a 25 CV limit (OCV+DCV+Skills+ Martial Arts as 2)

Justice

Lily Chan

VAL CHA Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- HTH Damage 3d6 END [1]

23 DEX 20 14-

15 CON 5 12-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 18-

13 EGO 3 12-

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

10 OCV 35

10 DCV 35

3 OMCV 0

4 DMCV 3

5 SPD 20 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

10 PD 6 10/15 PD (0/5 rPD)

10 ED 6 10/15 ED (0/5 rED)

5 REC 1

30 END 2

15 BODY 5

30 STUN 5

Movement Cost Meters Notes

RUNNING 0 12m/24m END [1]

SWIMMING 0 4m/8m END [1]

LEAPING 0 4m 4m forward, 2m upward

Characteristics Total: 164

Cost Powers

Heightened Hearing - END=

-35 1) Blind: Sell Back Normal Sight (-35 Active Points) - END=0

15 2) +5 PER with all Sense Groups - END=0

5 3) Discriminatory with Normal Hearing - END=0

10 4) Targeting with Normal Hearing - END=0

5 5) Hearing Group Flash Defense (5 points) - END=0

Martial Training - END=

6 1) Martial Reflexes: +3 DEX - END=

10 2) Martial Speed: +1 SPD - END=

11 3) Combat Luck: Resistant Protection (5 PD/5 ED), Impenetrable (+1/4), Hardened (+1/4) (22 Active Points); Luck Based (-1) - END=0

12 Walking Stick/Staff: (Total: 28 Active Cost, 12 Real Cost) Hand-To-Hand Attack +3d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (22 Active Points); OAF (-1), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/4) (Real Cost: 10) plus Stretching 2m, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (3 Active Points); OAF (-1), Reach (-1) (Real Cost: 1) plus +1 with Staff (3 Active Points); OAF (-1) (Real Cost: 1) - END=0

2 Costume: (Total: 4 Active Cost, 2 Real Cost) +2 PD (2 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 1) plus +2 ED (2 Active Points); OIF (-1/2) (Real Cost: 1) - END=0

Powers Total: 41

Cost Martial Arts

4 Martial Disarm: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +1 DCV, Disarm; 40 STR to Disarm

4 Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

3 Legsweep: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, -1 DCV, 7d6 Strike, Target Falls

12 +3 HTH Damage Class(es)

1 Weapon Element: Karate Weapons

Martial Arts Total: 24

Cost Skills

10 +2 with Melee Martial Arts

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Concealment 13-

Expert: Chinatown

4 1) AK: China Town (5 Active Points) 15-

4 2) CuK: China Town Community (5 Active Points) 15-

4 3) KS: China Town Criminal Orgs (5 Active Points) 15-

2 4) KS: Chinese Legends & Myths (3 Active Points) 13-

1 5) Language: Cantonese (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

1 6) Language: Japanese (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

1 7) Language: Korean (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

2 8) Language: Mandarin (completely fluent) (3 Active Points)

1 9) Language: Vietnamese (fluent conversation) (2 Active Points)

3 Interrogation 12-

3 KS: Karate 13-

3 KS: Karateka 13-

1 Language: Braile (basic conversation)

2 Language: Spanish (fluent conversation)

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Stealth 14-

7 Streetwise 14-

1 WF: Karate Weapons

Skills Total: 62

Cost Perks

2 Fringe Benefit: Membership: China Town Gang

Expert: Chinatown

7 1) Contact: Chinese mob boss (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own) (8 Active Points) 12-

Perks Total: 9

Value Complications

20 Hunted: Lightbringer Industries Infrequently (Mo Pow; NCI; Harshly Punish)

15 Psychological Complication: To Protect China Town (Common; Strong)

15 Social Complication: Secret ID Frequently, Major

Complications Points: 50

Base Points: 300

Experience: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

Total Character Cost: 300

House rule allows expert to work with contacts.

Re: The Fox is Dead: Justice

Sorry about not posting some more information about her.

Her Background is that of a street ganger, working for one of the "protector" gangs of Chinatown. In the city Chinatown is a weird place to be, crime is almost non existant on the street, but there is ALOT of drugs, prostitution, and gambling. There is also a good amount of loansharking and a version of the protection racket. All of it is controled by one man, who uses street gangs to keep his part of the city safe for "tourists" and residents. The "protectors" keep the other gangs out (or at least behaving) and are used as enforcers of his will.

However one of the Lt's of another crime family in town desided to ignore the truce, she taught him a lesson. Then he arranged for her to be captured. After three weeks of torture, includeing taking a hot poker to her eyes, she managed to escape. Going back to the warlord of chinatown, he arranged for her to be trained to deal with her blindness (and have the LT killed).

The game changed however 3 months ago, when the Fox (local super hero) disapeared, the city became more dangerous and something needs to happen. Taking to the street as Justice she tried to relieve some of the pressure. She then gets a message to meet in an abandoned warehouse downtown...

Personality: She is on the quiet side, dedicated to protecting those in need. She is very serious.

Quote: Justice is blind

Appearence: Red Gi, blindfold

interesting this could be usesed as a ninja HERO dark champions campaign as well

I agree that it is similar to both, however this campeign will allow some powers also. The original X-men would all fit nicely for instance, as would Spider man or some ghost rider...

Any reason why she has karate instead of kung fu? Just curious. And I like that you listed the martial characteristcs seperately. Fyi, if you need a prebuilt Chinatown, look for The Dragon Gate supplement for San Angelo: City of Heroes, it has alot ready to use fleshed out Tongs. I will say though that this supplement does have a heavy ephansis on magic, but still good.

Karate vs Kung Fu, not really, the only deciding factor was karate weapons as a group.

As for the martial characteristics seperatly, there is a reason in the campeign ground rules for that, NCM is a groundrule for this campeign, but you are allowed to buy characteristics with powers. You are only allowed 100 points in powers+martial arts+Talents (So a character who is a highly trained human is giving up some of his gear/extra abilities to be so)

Originaly showed up in Dark Champions in 5th edition, then in one of the APG's and ultimate skill. It is a skill enhancer that goes across type based on subject. The sheet lists it, but does not show the -1 (compare costs it is calculated, but I realise I screwed up and need to squeeze three points still on her)

Any reason why she has karate instead of kung fu? Just curious. And I like that you listed the martial characteristcs seperately. Fyi' date=' if you need a prebuilt Chinatown, look for The Dragon Gate supplement for San Angelo: City of Heroes, it has alot ready to use fleshed out Tongs. I will say though that this supplement does have a heavy ephansis on magic, but still good.[/quote']

maybe she's a student of kenpo that at in game terms can be considered both karate and kung fu

Cool character! I spotted a couple of pricing errors, no big tho. Also, i get that she is a high DCV character but as pointed out previously to me on one of my characters, even one hit at your stated DC levels will easily stun her, and has a really good chance to KO her completely. Might want to look at her defenses (15 PD/ED total vs 12 DC's means on avg 27 points of stun gets through)

Seems I had my get it wrong today hat on, her Dexterity and speed looked wrong to me but on a second look i see that you bought them as powers, and merely added them to the base (at least that's how I am reading it now, after being wrong on Vengence I wanted to double check everything here). I'm used to seeing that sort of thing as 20 (23) or the like to differentiate base + extra of a characteristic, but they way your GM is ruling NCM probably just confused me.

Sorry guys, I try not to come across as a know it all, but even in school in my younger days I always felt that it was better to speak up and find out that YOU are wrong than it is to just think someone is wrong and stay silent.

I still think her defenses are low, and if you have a rationale or I'm missing something PLEASE feel free to tell me, we learn more from being wrong and having our beliefs challenged than any other way :)

As the GN I can explain the theroy behind the NCM

The characters are intended to be more down to earth, however as super powers are allowed, I felt that the highly trained hero should be on par with his cohorts. I limited the number of points able to spend on powers, so that they did not become the emphasis of the character. By allowing higher attributes to be bought as powers I permit the amazing normals, but make it a sacrifice. It is a delicate balance I am trying to achieve in this game, one of the mundane are reasonable threats, but that the heroes are still supder.

If she has learned from a more 'modern' instructor, then it wouldn't matter so much if she learned kung fu and karate weapons from the same instructor. Can I also suggest Tan soo do instead of karate since you suggested Tae kwon Do? The reason is that I'd say that when the average person thinks of Tae Kwon Do, they think of Olympic style. Without going into the convuluted history of Tae Kwon Do, Tang Soo Do is similar to Karate yet different.