Help with NPC 'guest star'

Syberdwarf2

I need some help with a psuedo-NPC. My sister is making up a character for my campaign as a sort of 'guest star' / recuuring role character. We're getting down to the nutznboltz here very soon, as the next game is in a couple of days. Before we sit down to get the rough draft underway, I was hoping to get some input and suggestions for what you think should go into this character t help polish it off.

Here's the concept;

The character is basically a cross between Gambit (of X-Men fame) and Artemis Entreri (Forgotten Realms).

I only have two main stumbling blocks. First, we don't often get a chance to sit down and hash out a PC because of our schedules. And Second, I have only passing familiarity with both of these characters.

I would greatly appreciate any information, advice or suggestions you may have. Thanx in advance.

Gambit also has the inexplicable ability of being able to sneak about and successfully be stealthy and unseen when wearing a magenta-colored bodysuit.

Of course, Wolverine used to do the same thing in a bright yellow and blue suit.

Perhaps the X-Men are privy to some special ninja techniques, or Chuck has taught them some "cloud mens' minds" sort of psi invisibility tricks.

Been awhile since I read any Forgotten Realms fiction, so what I recall of Artemis is vague.

Still, if you're going to mix him and Gambit, perhaps you should keep powers similar to gambit, but using Artemis' weapons. The weapons might not even be destroyed after they 'blow up', instead having some sort of 'delievery only' situation.

The NPC could, for example, "Charge up a knife" throw, and then after it explodes, go ofter and pick it up again.

I am reasonably familiar with Artemis Entereri. Basically he's a badass assassin. Specifically the head assassin of a a psuedo-Arabic thieve's guild.

Basically he's an expert with swords and knives, one of the best in the world with only the hero of the particular stories he was in [one Drizzt Do`Urden] being shown as superior. Even then it was close.

I believe the thing with Entreri was that he could sneak around, and fight dirty, but that he preferred to kill his victims in a fair fight. My advice for an Entreri/Gambit cross would be to build a MA type character, buy normal sneaking skills (Lockpicking, Security Systems, Stealth, Climbing, etc.) but instead of using weapons, have the combat ability for the character be the energy transformation attack.

I'd start with a few PSL's -- +4 vs the penalty for unbalanced or un-aerodynamic thrown weapons, +3 vs unfamiliar weapon for thrown objects, a few vs Range PSL's -- and if you're using them, a few vs Hit Location PSL's. These will allow your character to throw almost anything as a weapon.

Now add +DC for thrown objects, and almost anything can be a *dangerous* weapon.

Alternatively, create a standard attack multipower and use the "OIF Item of Opportunity" rules.