CKC, Gravitar Question

Tae Kwon Dan

A very very easy question, but I'm slightly confused on part of Gravitar's build in CKC.

I get her base 60 STR 0 END Telekinesis, but I don't get +40 STR TK in her multipower. Do I just add that amount to her other TK, but it now costs 6 END to use her full TK?

I probably missed something in the rules on this, but I didn't find anything with a quick glance.

Essentially, Gravitar can use her STR 60 TK as well as her Multipower attacks at the same time in a Phase, or she can assign her Multipower to boosting her TK to STR 100 and use all of that as one attack. The rules do mention that a power can be built outside a Multipower which adds to a slot in that Multipower; Steve Long seems to have decided just to reverse that relationship for Gravitar. ;)

Is that any clearer?

Hmm ... for some reason, I'm confused here ... let me make sure I'm doing this right. :)

You can have a 'naked' power outside of a Multipower accumulate with a power in a Multipower into a single attack. So, if I had ...

60pt Multipower

6u 1> 12d6 EB

(other MP slots)

and

+6d6 EB

I could accumulate them into a single 18d6 Energy Blast, rather than performing a 12d6 EB + a 6d6 EB as a Multiple-Power-Attack?

However, if the 6d6 EB was in another Framework, it could not accumulate with the 12d6 EB, right?

In Gravitar's case it is a 100 STR TK with 40 STR purchased inside of the Multipower. It is not a 60 STR TK and a 40 STR TK that are two separate attacks which get to add magically together. Thus the whole reason for the "+" sign. It is a 100 STR TK which has 40 STR at full END and a 60 STR at 0 END. If the "+" sign was not in front of the 40 STR, then you would have two different attacks which could be used as an MPA. The 40 STR TK can only be used as an augmentation to her base 60 STR TK.

If it helps, just think of it like a brick who purchases +40 STR in a Multipower to simulate occassional super, super-strength.

Originally posted by CrosshairCollie

However, if the 6d6 EB was in another Framework, it could not accumulate with the 12d6 EB, right?

That is correct. What you have is a 12d6 EB, and you then have +6d6 which adds to it outside of the Multipower. If the 6d6 were in another Power Framework, or did not have the "+" sign, then it would just be two separate attacks. The additional 6d6 is just more of the same attack, not a different attack entirely.

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Dan

Monolith just to be clear that I understand your point. She can use the 60 STR TK for 0 END or a 100 STR TK, but at the END cost of a 40 STR TK?

Yes, Gravitar's 60 STR TK is her normal ability, and that is at 0 END. She can augment the TK from her Mulitpower, raising her TK to 100 STR. When at 100 STR she uses 6 END (the END from her additional +40 STR).

Originally posted by CrosshairCollie

Hmm ... for some reason, I'm confused here ... let me make sure I'm doing this right. :)

You can have a 'naked' power outside of a Multipower accumulate with a power in a Multipower into a single attack. So, if I had ...

60pt Multipower

6u 1> 12d6 EB

(other MP slots)

and

+6d6 EB

I could accumulate them into a single 18d6 Energy Blast, rather than performing a 12d6 EB + a 6d6 EB as a Multiple-Power-Attack?

For an example of this see Kayli the Destroyer on page 137 of NINJA HERO. She uses almost this exact construct.

Originally posted by Monolith

Yes, Gravitar's 60 STR TK is her normal ability, and that is at 0 END. She can augment the TK from her Mulitpower, raising her TK to 100 STR. When at 100 STR she uses 6 END (the END from her additional +40 STR).

Cool, this is what I thought from the beginning, but was not certain.

Actually, what Gravitar does should be a GM permission only power. The rules FAQ specifically recommends against adding powers outside a framework directy to a power inside a framework unless it was a limited form of the same power. Adding a different power is ok.

IOW, adding 2d6 flash to your 10d6 EB is ok, but adding +4d6 EB to your 10d6 EB in a multipower isn't unless that +4d6 is limited in some way.

Whether adding a cost end power to a 0 end power is "limited" enough to qualify, is up to the GM.