• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Outside the Box powers

Outside the box, outside the pale

Spoiled for NSFW

Get a character with this power

(Total: 8 Active Cost, 1 Real Cost) Stretching 0m, x3 body dimension (8 Active Points); Very Limited Body Part (-1), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (INT Drain; -1/2), Cannot Do Damage (Unless you're doing it wrong; -1/2), Costs END To Maintain (Full END Cost; -1/2), Limited Power Refractory Period, must wait between activations (-1/2), Variable Limitations (requires -1 worth of Limitations; Some combination of; Gestures, Extra Time, Concentration, No Conscious Control, Charm Skill Roll (by appropriate other person) or Conditional (appropriate stimuli) etc; -1/2), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4), Restrainable (Turn it off by turning him off; -1/4), Always Direct (-1/4) (Real Cost: 1)

Together with a character with this power

(Total: 24 Active Cost, 1 Real Cost) Summon 8 1-point creatures, Inherent (+1/4), Persistent (+1/4) (24 Active Points); Extra Time (9 Months, -6), No Conscious Control (-2), 32 Charges which Never Recover (-1 3/4), Requires A Roll in the Hay (6- roll; -1 3/4), Side Effects (Side Effect affects both character and potentially at least one other person; Frequent, Incompetent DNPC if successful; -1 1/4), Side Effects (9 Months of gradually increasing sickness and debility as the host of the Summoned being's most parasitic phase; -1), Side Effects (Roll 2d6, apply that many dice of attack to Summoner (Gradually, sadistically, over a matter of hours); -1), Antagonistic Violent (-3/4), Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles; -1/4), Required Multiple Users (Summoner and at least one appropriately equipped person) (2 people; -1/4) (Real Cost: 1)

Lucius Alexander

What did you expect, a palindromedary?

I've been mulling over some "outside the box" uses for force field. Using "create a force field" as the special effect, I've thought of suppressing other forcefields ("emitting a force field with a counter-frequency"), telekinesis (creating a field around/under the object and moving the field), suppress fire (create a field around the fire and starve it of oxygen), NND attack (create a field around the enemy and starve it of oxygen), and EB vs Physical (small, fast moving spherical force field).

I've been mulling over some "outside the box" uses for force field. Using "create a force field" as the special effect' date=' I've thought of suppressing other forcefields ("emitting a force field with a counter-frequency"), telekinesis (creating a field around/under the object and moving the field), suppress fire (create a field around the fire and starve it of oxygen), NND attack (create a field around the enemy and starve it of oxygen), and EB vs Physical (small, fast moving spherical force field).[/quote']

On a related note I've decided to use the sucessor to Force Field the Power as way to represent a tricky aspect of "Contact Telekinesis".

0 12) The Man of Steel v2: Resistant Protection (10 PD/10 ED) (Protect Carried Items) , Hardened (x2; +1/2) (60 Active Points); Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; Only to Activate; -1/4) Real Cost: 30

[Notes: The "Protect Carried Items" adder can allow large objects to be lifted from otherwise fragile lifting points without damaging them. Example: lifting an entire car with just hands on its bumper, lifting a large ship without cracking the hull, etc...]

I've been mulling over some "outside the box" uses for force field. Using "create a force field" as the special effect' date=' I've thought of suppressing other forcefields ("emitting a force field with a counter-frequency"), telekinesis (creating a field around/under the object and moving the field), suppress fire (create a field around the fire and starve it of oxygen), NND attack (create a field around the enemy and starve it of oxygen), and EB vs Physical (small, fast moving spherical force field).[/quote']

Entangle: Create an ensnaring force feild

Suppress vs Blast: Create force power emission point?

I had a postmodern mystic hero who had a keychain that had a bunch of teleport powers tied to doors. So he could do increased mass teleports over long distances' date=' or XDM, or whatever. Just so long as there was a door at both ends of the teleport.[/quote']

That reminds me of a character that I never got to play. He had performed a ritual as a stupid teenager, and came out with a "blessing" of Hecate in her form of the Goddess of the Crossroads. At any given intersection, he could travel to another intersection of streets by the same names anywhere in the world. IE, if he was standing at 9th street and 5th avenue in Clackamas, Oregon, he could take a step and be at 9th street & 5th avenue in New York. If he was in a vehicle, the vehicle and anyone in it would come along for the ride. On the other hand, he had a few Watched's, by Hecate and some other powerful gods/goddesses after he got their attention with the ritual. If I could have played him, I would have pushed toward a more general "magic" pool and such.

Killing Attack, Vs Limited Defense: Planes of force used as blades.

Possibly Killing Attack Penetrating and/or Armor Piercing

Lucius Alexander

Building a box around a palindromedary