Strike Force

Guest Warrax

Originally posted by Redmenace

It might be worth your time to check out Noble Knight Games, under the retailers-online section of the main hero page.

Sorry, Redmenace, I checked there after Warrax posted his request - no luck. Same with eBay at the moment.

Unfortunately Strike Force is one of the most desired Champions collectables, so it doesn't show up for sale often, and usually isn't cheap when it does. I'll keep my eye open, though, and let you know if I spot one. (And no, you can't have mine at any price.) :P

Thanks Folks for the help,

I am really mad about losing my copy. Let a co-worker borrow it and never saw it again. Really like the GM material in the book. Hopeful I will be able to get another copy some day.

Originally posted by Gary Ciaramella

Wonder if it would be possible to have Steve and Arron come to an agreement to make the original Strike Force a pdf product??? I do not recall that ever having come up before (though I may be wrong on that point)

I'm lucky enough to have retained almost every product Hero ever came out with, (except Roadkill which I have but there is no describing that as luck), but that would be great for the newer GMs. I'd buy one just to have a digital backup.

Steve, if you are really up there, hows about it? Do the original contracts prevent something like this until they expire and the material rights change?

Same for Coriolis effect.

Originally posted by Gary Ciaramella

Wonder if it would be possible to have Steve and Arron come to an agreement to make the original Strike Force a pdf product???

I'd rather see Aaron update Strike Force for 5th edition. They managed to pull him away from X-Wing novels long enough to write Champions, so there's always the possibility...

Since Strike Force isn't set in the Champions Universe, it could actually have a section on house rules, similar to what was in the original Strike Force handbook. Heck, some things in Aaron's game were incorporated into newer editions of Champions, such as buying Martial Arts as maneuvers instead of a single "power". I'd really like to see what house rules he uses for 5E.

Guys, I can tell you from past info exchanges here on the boards, that the esteemed Mr. Allston has been working on updates to his Strike Force universe for years, and has quite a lot of cool stuff already written. Steve Long has seen it and has expressed an interest in possibly publishing it one day, probably as an e-book. This is dependent on DoJ and AA being able to reach a mutually agreeable deal. So far it's only been discussed tentatively, though; no negotiations AFAIK.

Steve and Aaron have also talked about offering the original Strike Force as a PDF. Again subject to the right deal, no negotiation yet etc.

At least there's hope. :)