How do I buy +DECV?

melessqr

It would be both wiser and cheeper to buy EGO Only for Defence

I would also let a player have them as 3 point Combat Skill Levels. Because the rules say a 3- CSL can be used for defense vs. Any Attack of the same type. So 3-CSL with ego attacks could then be used as DECV by the rules.

The Ultimate Mentalist stated: "Characters should not be allowed to buy Levels with DECV alone. If appropriate, they may use Levels with “all Mental Powers†for DECV." so I am guessing that it is also not allowed under 5th Edition.

If I were going to house rule it, I would probably consider DECV levels to be worth 3 points, as Mental attacks are not as common as HTH and Ranged attacks.

Originally posted by Monolith

The Ultimate Mentalist stated: "Characters should not be allowed to buy Levels with DECV alone. If appropriate, they may use Levels with “all Mental Powers†for DECV." so I am guessing that it is also not allowed under 5th Edition.

If I were going to house rule it, I would probably consider DECV levels to be worth 3 points, as Mental attacks are not as common as HTH and Ranged attacks.

I disagree with the Ultimate Mentalist regarding not allowing DECV levels. As BNakagawa demonstrated, you can easily get around this rule, although I'd go with what Monolith suggested. In standing with my disagreement, it seems highly arbitrary and contradictory: you can buy levels that only count for DCV in combat but you can't levels for DECV in combat. Both are levels for defensive combat and I see no point to the distinction. I already use a house rule which says you can buy DECV levels.