Reflection of HtH attacks

MrAgdesh

Easily done with 6th Ed, but what would be the best way of handling this in 5th? SFX is a character made partly of Darkforce, so that when punched, the attacker's blow disappears into his body and re-emerges striking the attacker.

Damage Shield seems to be the only way (and clunky, as the attacker's power level is variable) unless porting over the 6th Ed mechanic in some way?

What 6E mechanic are you using?
Well, as GM you can do that in 5E as well. Even in 6E it is "at the GM's option", not a default way to use the power. So use your GM's option (or appeal to your GM the logic of allowing it, I know many people already did in 5E because they saw disallowing it as arbitrary).

I have allowed a 5ed character to use Reflection for HTH attacks and it worked just fine. I did rule that he had to either put a +1 Advantage on it (usable for both HTH and Ranged) or buy two separate powers, one for HTH and one for Ranged; if I recall correctly he went with the latter because it was in a Multipower. As long as the sfx work for HTH reflection I don't see any reason not to allow it.

I have allowed a 5ed character to use Reflection for HTH attacks and it worked just fine. I did rule that he had to either put a +1 Advantage on it (usable for both HTH and Ranged) or buy two separate powers, one for HTH and one for Ranged; if I recall correctly he went with the latter because it was in a Multipower. As long as the sfx work for HTH reflection I don't see any reason not to allow it.
I might be mistaken for 5E, but afaik Reflection also requires sucessfull Block. And any given Block Maneuver only affects Ranged or HTH-Attacks, not both. That and the Relative-AP.Limit makes the 2 Slot approach automatically better.