Make Me [Blank] Superbeing

Asperion

Imagine that you are visited by Eternity. He promises to transform you into some superbeing that you name right then. It can be any well-known being from either Marvel or DC, either hero or villain. You will gain everything that this being possesses, and this includes the rouges gallery and any wealth that goes with the being (but not sidekicks). For example if you choose Batman you will gain his wealth, Alfred, cave, Batmobile, Batplane, villains (Joker, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Bane, etc), but not Robin, Nightwing, or anyone else connected to Bats but still considered a separate being in their own right. If you elect to become a villain, then you will gain their record as it currently stands in that universe and will also be hunted by the heroes and villains.

Who will you become and state your reasons.

Imagine that you are visited by Eternity. He promises to transform you into some superbeing that you name right then. It can be any well-known being from either Marvel or DC' date=' either hero or villain. You will gain everything that this being possesses, and this includes the rouges gallery and any wealth that goes with the being (but not sidekicks). For example if you choose Batman you will gain his wealth, Alfred, cave, Batmobile, Batplane, villains (Joker, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, Bane, etc), but not Robin, Nightwing, or anyone else connected to Bats but still considered a separate being in their own right. If you elect to become a villain, then you will gain their record as it currently stands in that universe and will also be hunted by the heroes and villains.[/quote']

What about thier personality? Will I still be me? Will the characters strongest personality quirks/problems influence me?

Wich of the miriad interpretations of long running Characters like Superman or Batman (and thier villains) would he take? In some variants the Joker and other villains are mostly amusing. In others clandestine psychopaths that are better killed then locked away.

Even without this information I can say:

Propably not one of them. No mater how much power I get, I also release all the Villains on the world.

I don't know who this "Eternity" guy is, but this sounds suspiciously like a "genie-magic" wish, that will backfire in spectacular and unanticipated ways. The only way to stay ahead with genie magic is to not utter a wish at all - everything else will fail.

The being that I would choose to become would be a low-level speedster/time-traveler known as Max Mercury. He does not have the ability to be truly powerful, but the tricks that he is able to pull off with his abilities can make it seem as though they are in league with Superman.

I have several thoughts. Thinking out loud here...

1) Superman. All-Star style Superman, that was my favorite depiction, and really highlighted the Fortress of Solitude and the incredible resources at his calling.

Pros: Superman. Duh.

Cons: Overwhelming responsibility, an enormous array of massively powerful beings trying to kill me.

2) Jamie Madrox, the Multiple Man. His powers absolutely fascinate me, I think I would love that setup, and no real arch enemies to speak of.

Pros: The ability to try everything, to learn everything. To never truly be alone.

Cons: Psychologically, it would probably be devastating to acquire now without growing up learning how to handle it. Also, that whole mutant crap thing.

3) Ambush Bug. Seriously. He's not insane, he just sees things ... differently.

Pros: Global teleporter. No real enemies. Sees beyond the fourth wall. Very funny.

Cons: Ok, yeah, he's insane. Suddenly seeing through the fourth wall would probably do that to me, too.

4) G'nort. Again, seriously. He's got a Green Lantern ring, and almost none of the responsibility. What's not to love?

Pros: Great friends in the JLI. His arch enemy is the Scarlet Skier. And did I mention the power ring?

Cons: He's a dog. Nobody takes him seriously, always cast aside.

Tough choice.

Hmm, Hercules seems pretty happy... :think: