5E Shields (the Fantasy Version)

Christopher

I would like to know how Shields (as in piece of wood or metal you used to defend agaisnt melee and ranged Attacks) worked in 5E. I know how they work in 6E but my 5E Resources is limited to the Character Creation handbook, wich does not include most Stuff found in 6E2.

In 6E2 211 they work like this:

Between +1 and +3 DCV. Do not need any action to use the Bonus. Bonus can be added to OCV for Block instead of DCV.

Cost is 5 AP per DCV/OCV for Block and the Text says it's straight DCV with Focus and STR-Min Limitation (with the ability to add it to OCV for Block propably thrown in for free).

Yes, chris, they work exactly the same way. they've worked that way as long as i've been aware (since 3rd/4th ed) and as far as i'm concerned, is perfect and doesnt require adjustment at all.

The only option some people use is tracking damage to sheilds. obviously if the shield is used to block, it takes the damage, or if the shield is being used passively as DCV, then if an attack misses because of the shield, it takes the damage.

I would like to know how Shields (as in piece of wood or metal you used to defend agaisnt melee and ranged Attacks) worked in 5E. I know how they work in 6E but my 5E Resources is limited to the Character Creation handbook, wich does not include most Stuff found in 6E2.

In 6E2 211 they work like this:

Between +1 and +3 DCV. Do not need any action to use the Bonus. Bonus can be added to OCV for Block instead of DCV.

Cost is 5 AP per DCV/OCV for Block and the Text says it's straight DCV with Focus and STR-Min Limitation (with the ability to add it to OCV for Block propably thrown in for free).

Shields for Fantasy Hero have always worked this way. Since FH 1st edition (aka Champions 3.0)