"It's on every channel!"

You know the classic trope where the villain hijacks all the communications sattelites, hacks into media stations, etc. in order to broadcast their demands/taunts/manifesto to the world? Cuz the only thing better than a good villain monologue is a good villain monologue that THE WHOLE WORLD MUST LISTEN TO BWAA HAA HAAA!!!

Ahem, sorry. So...how would you model something like that? I've always just handwaved it in the past because it's typically a plot device, and it's usually the villain doing it so I'm not too fussed on the points. But if a PC with a gadget pool VPP wanted to do that, it'd be nice to have some sense of the AP required. Ideas?

Two parts:

Affecting all Television Systems (and maybe Radio too)

Being understood in every language

And in the modern day you propably also have to affect all internet Radio and Television up to Youtube or just every computer screen/speaker combo (I can't even rember the last time my Television was on).

It also needs to be able to overwrite the normal function/transmissions of the target devices.

One way to model it would be like modelling a "Telepathic one way message to the world", then limit it down to "only people near a fitting reciever".

Megascale on the Transmitting Senses (Radio or Sight/Voice)?

One of the APG's has a "Universal Voice", the transmitting counterpart to "Universal Translator" (wich only deals with understanding any langage, not talking in it).

Any build for "Telepathic Voice" could be megascaled to the proper level.

The big question is: What is the game effect of this power? If it has no effect on the game it does not need a writeup.

Does it really need to be understood in every language? The villain is usually speaking English, just broadcasting everywhere.

Actually, that is a common mistake of Novice Villains. If you broadcast yor Ultimatum to the world, you can't just pick one langauge. Like 95% of the world Population will not understand you.

As Dr. Doom said in Episode 19 of "Avengers Assemble" after pulling out a Universal Translator when speaking before the UN Assembly in NY: "I allow no 'interpreters' to mangle my words."

Actually, that is a common mistake of Novice Villains. If you broadcast yor Ultimatum to the world, you can't just pick one langauge. Like 95% of the world Population will not understand you.

Getting pedantic... estimates of the total number of English speakers (including both native and non-native speakers) range from half a billion to a billion. English is a good option if you aren't going for universal translation. It will also simplify the power build and reduce the point cost (both things that Doom didn't have to worry about).

It's on every (local) channel!:  Radio Group Images, Area Of Effect (1m Radius; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), MegaScale (1m = 100 km; +1 1/2), Cannot alter scale (-1/4) (15 Active Points); IIF Immobile (Secret Television Studio; -1 1/4)

For national or global coverage, increase the level of Megascale. This could also be built into a base.

Thanks all. Megascaled Radio Group Images seems like the simplest route, maybe with a broadcast-only Universal Translator built in.

The big question is: What is the game effect of this power? If it has no effect on the game it does not need a writeup.

It allows the PC to communicate (one way) with basically every person on the planet at once. I'd call that a significant game effect.