Special effects for blasts

Tom2405

Hi

Got a question in regards to special effects and blasts and the like.

If I have for example a fire based blast am I correct that I can't iginite anything unless I buy a linked part with sticky?

Thus:

If it gives a bonus against wood based powers is based on gm, but to reallly iginite something with teh blast it has to have some additional benefits (like a linked sticky power or soemthing similar)?

sticky is what I saw somehwere (I think a powerwriteup by a player) thats why I mentioned it. Didnt think that that effect could be a side effect (saw it only as beneficial).

Interesting idea though! Can you post your idea why a side effect? (so that I have a better feeling not only for fire, but also for other things special effects that can cause additional effects on how to build/put them to use)

The business with Sticky is a power to deliberately set fires that spread like normal fire.  For example, the "Kindle" power in Champions Powers and "Kindle Fire" in the UNTIL Superpowers Database.

Both books also have examples of powers that accidentally set the area on fire.

"Dangerous Fire Blast: The character’s Fire Blast ignites flammable objects nearby when used.  Add Side Effects (ignites easily flammable environmental objects within 4m of character, always occurs; -0)."

Hmmm that means a dragons firebreath would have it as -0 limitation (and not a sticky advantage?)

Depends on how you want a dragon's fire to work.

But for most of them, yes, that -0 is probably right. Can start a fire the dragon wants, might start a fire the dragon doesn't want.

Lucius Alexander

I find it advantageous that the palindromedary sticks with me.