Multipower Madness

Alcibiades

I have a question regarding limitations that are shared throughout all the slots in an MP, but have different values. As illustrated thusly:

I know the following is legal:

Multipower: x points in reserve, all slots Gestures (-1/4)

1. Power 1, Gestures (-1/4)

2. Power 2, Gestures (-1/4)

Is the FOLLOWING legal?

Multipower, x points in reserve, all slots Gestures (-1/4)

1. Power 1, Gestures (-1/4)

2. Power 2. Gestures (throughout; -1/2)

So all slots have Gestures, but with different values. Can the base MP still take the limitation?

????

Common sense suggests, to me anyway, that it is perfectly legal, because, well, why not? What would be the basis for objecting to it? It doesn't seem to violate any of the costing formulas, or even approach a point of ambiguity. Or does it and I'm just missing something subtle here?

Well, let's not forget Rule 0. Not everything is going to get expliclt mention in the text; there will always be much that must be logically inferred from what is there. Consequently, one can reasonably declare something to be "legal" so long as it doesn't contradict anything else in the rules. It is by this exercise of common sense that we avoid rulebooks that are 2,000 pages long.