Grimble

Also a big fad in the 1970s: "Ancient Astronauts".  So, an alien who was worshiped as a god by primitive humans is released from its cryochamber, and chooses to fight/commit crime, as that's what beings with powers do in the Twentieth Century.

Or try to conquer/destroy/terraform the world.

Also a big fad in the 1970s: "Ancient Astronauts".  So, an alien who was worshiped as a god by primitive humans is released from its cryochamber, and chooses to fight/commit crime, as that's what beings with powers do in the Twentieth Century.

Meta4's 70s actually had a character named "Ancient Astronaut".

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, folks. I have already looked into the various references to the canon '70s supers in the Champions universe. Does anyone know where to find actual write-ups for said supers? Write-ups of them during the 1970s? (Besides the Fab Five and the Sentinels written-up in Digital Hero)

I understand that I have access to all of the published stuff. I'm wondering if anyone has done what I will likely end up having to do...write up the '70s supers of the Champions Universe. If people have, could they share said write-ups or share links to websites with write-ups?

Also, '70s style original supers like Everybody are great and appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, folks. I have already looked into the various references to the canon '70s supers in the Champions universe. Does anyone know where to find actual write-ups for said supers? Write-ups of them during the 1970s? (Besides the Fab Five and the Sentinels written-up in Digital Hero)

Hmm... I'm afraid the remainder are a little thin on the ground. The only other hero from that era I can recall getting a full write-up is Scarlet Shield, in the Millennium City source book. SS was active in Detroit from 1966 until he was killed in 1974.

For supervillains, Dr. Macabre, wielder of the Janus Key, was a second-rate occult villain during the 1960s and '70s (although his mention in Champions Universe 6E implies a revised upgrade to his abilities, probably to reflect further definition of the Janus Key). His only write-up was in the 5E version of Champions Universe.

The Stronghold Files, a PDF mini-sequel to the Stronghold source book, adds several Stronghold inmates to the roster in the main book, most of whom made it into the Champions Villains trilogy. Two who didn't are the classic Champions villain, Neutron, and his flunky Arc. In current official continuity Neutron was one of the premier threats to world security during the 1970s and '80s. TSF stats him as he is today, after age and decades under Stronghold's power negators have dramatically sapped his power. But the booklet does suggest how to adjust his stats to reflect his power level in his prime.

Then, of course, there are the functionally ageless heroes and villains who were as active then as they are today, such as the Drifter (Champions Universe: News Of The World), the Witness and Hunter Thav (Hidden Lands), Dr. Yin Wu, and Cateran (Champions Villains Vol. 1 and 3, respectively).