Interrupting a Delayed Power

Taliseian

Greetings,

I'm working on a low-powered Teen Champions campaign and I've got a question I can't find the answer to.

I have a villain that I created that is using the following power:

Blast 3d6, Custom Adder, STUN Only (+0), Affects Desolidified Any form of
Desolidification (+½), Jumping Blast (Blast jumps to closest target within 5m, reducing
damage by 1d6 per jump; +1 ½) (45 APs); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1), Extra
Time (Delayed Phase, -¼)

Jumping Blast is my own creation - feel free to critique it also.  The frame of mind I was using was a lightning blast that jumps from target to target within a short range and diminishes in power as it jumps.

I also put in the power "Extra Time - Delayed Phase"

My plan for this power, since I'm working with characters with low speed scores, was to initiate this power on the villain's phase 4 and give the heroes a chance to interrupt it on their average phase of 6 (thinking they would most likely take SPD 2 characters) before it goes off on Phase 8.

I haven't seen any rules for interrupting a power.  Is that possible or if not, does anyone have any advice or ideas how I could work it in?

Thanks in advance....

T

Here's how I might build such an effect.

33 Jump Lightning: Blast 3d6, Attack Versus Alternate Defense (target is insulated; All Or Nothing; +1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/2), Area Of Effect Accurate (5m Radius; +3/4), Selective (+1/4), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Non-Standard Attack Power (+1) (75 Active Points); Limited Power Each Shot of Autofire Can Only Hit One Target and Each Subsequent Shot Must Be vs. A Different Target (-1/2), Cannot Use Targeting (-1/2), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4)

[Notes: Each shot  jumps to closest target within 5m @ -2 OCV vs. base DCV of 3 per standard AOE Accurate and Autofire rules.  No further OCV Penalty is needed due to Selective Advantage. Costs 15 END to fire 5 shots. ] - END=3

30 Jump Lightning v2: Blast 3d6, Attack Versus Alternate Defense (target is insulated; All Or Nothing; +1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), Area Of Effect Accurate (5m Radius; +3/4), Selective (+1/4), Autofire (5 shots; +1/2), Non-Standard Attack Power (+1) (67 Active Points); Limited Power Each Shot of Autofire Can Only Hit One Target and Each Subsequent Shot Must Be vs. A Different Target (-1/2), Cannot Use Targeting (-1/2), Extra Time (Delayed Phase, -1/4)

[Notes: Each shot  jumps to closest target within 5m @ -2 OCV vs. base DCV of 3 per standard AOE Accurate and Autofire rules. No further OCV Penalty is needed due to Selective Advantage. Costs 35 END to fire 5 shots. ] - END=7

The number of Targets actually hit with an Autofire attack is normally determined by a single roll.  In this case vs. a DCV of 3.  You could easily rule that any character in the sequence could attempt to Dive for Cover to avoid the "Jump" in their direction and if successful they break the sequence.

...but can you interrupt a power that is on a Delayed Phase?

I want to give the party a chance to interrupt, but not sure how do to it.

If the villain takes damage, do they make an INT roll or something to keep the power going?

T

from the last part of my previous post:

The number of Targets actually hit with an Autofire attack is normally determined by a single roll.  In this case vs. a DCV of 3.  You could easily rule that any character in the sequence could attempt to Dive for Cover to avoid the "Jump" in their direction and if successful they break (or Interrupt) the sequence.

You could give the power a custom limitation (not sure how much it's worth) to represent it's interruptability. If the power can be interrupted (stopped) before it activates, regardless of it being with a Delayed Effect, how about "Power gets interrupted if character takes damage. Make Ego Roll at -1/5 stun taken or power is interrupted"

If the power can be interrupted after it's gone off and it's jumping from target to target, Dive for Cover works. Perhaps the target needs to make a Dex roll at a descending amount to "dodge" (interrupt) the attack. Getting complicated but the minus to the Dex roll could be the amount the attack hit the defender by. "I hit you by 5. Make a Dex roll at -5" As each attack bounces, it becomes -4, then -3, etc. until interrupted or no one else is hit.